British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Yes, you’re right and if we’d had the points available I’d have chosen Stefan, especially as he is an asset, but he is injury prone and their CL averages suggest there may not be a big difference: 5.66 (Stefan) and 5.09 (Shanes)

I would certainly welcome him back at Poole but I very much doubt he is in any of our proposed line ups.

Just now, foreverblue said:

His injury record may not be that good but I think that applies to most good young riders , maybe he has just been a bit more unlucky than some.

He’s courageous, over enthusiastic and reckless. Like Jason Doyle once was.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Says the person who wants the Poole team named! I've said Swindon will make the top 3, but I can't remember any league winners having two weaker than other teams reserves! 

Only curious about last night's announcement until I realised a certain poster had cocked up! Wasn't directed at you mate more another group although thinking about it could well all the same person! Old Multi 'Man' lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He won't be that but can those  three riders get 10 /13 points a meeting between them ?? It will be diffficult Lisa, but i am really confident with this top four at home we will be hard to beat. Zach also when he is at it is very good at home he is capable of putting a point on his average.

Swindon are always pretty decent at home. I will be interested to see how much the new track changes that! 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep top 4 is pretty good, I think Lampart needs to be another Bellego imo.

He doesnt

Zach has had another season so in the reserve berth lets say he will do the same as last season.

Doyle will outscore Morris

Shanes will outscore Smith

Zach could do better than last year

Bellego was good for about 7 most meetings, even if Lampart only gets 4 or 5 , the points loss from Bellego would be covered by Doyle and Shanes being better than Morris and Smith

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He doesnt

Zach has had another season so in the reserve berth lets say he will do the same as last season.

Doyle will outscore Morris

Shanes will outscore Smith

Zach could do better than last year

Bellego was good for about 7 most meetings, even if Lampart only gets 4 or 5 , the points loss from Bellego would be covered by Doyle and Shanes being better than Morris and Smith

This team should in theory easily keep in the top 4 for the play offs.

Additionally if Lampart doesn't cut it then there is always the possibility of changing during the season as I am sure there would be other possibilities in the lower points region become available either here or from overseas.

The rest of the team look able although would be a little worried about Zach if not at  reserve. Still think he will struggle a bit in main team. Bu that may change after first GSA's. Also he could do with an injury free run for a change to stop hindering his progress.

There is still plenty of points in the team though and for sure having the best rider in the League by far in Doyle takes some heat of the lower order.

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Swindon are always pretty decent at home. I will be interested to see how much the new track changes that! 

The new track won't happen. We will be in the same stadium and on the same track next season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Having a strong reserve is the key to success as proven by the last few teams who have won the league title..

(Howarth - Wolves 2016)….(BWD & Ellis switching places at 2 and 7 - Swindon 2017)….(Jakobsen & R. Worrall - Poole 2018)

For me Swindon should have left Lampart & Shanes alone and singed Josh Pickering & Stefan Nielsen instead. I know that would mean Wajtktnecht starts the season at No.2 but he will probably end up at No.2 after the first set of GSA's anyway. My suggestion would give Swindon a bit extra at reserve (See teams at the bottom of the post) after the first set of GSA's Zach and Josh would probably swap places which Swindon would benefit from once again with Wajtknecht going back down to reserve and Josh Pickering moving up to partner his fellow Aussie Doyle. I just cant see Lampart doing anything away from home as a No.2 or a reserve. Flaky Pole who will probably bring 2nd rate equipment over who hasn't ridden in the UK for a quite a while is a signing that's far too risky when you are weak at reserve. Swindon have signed him on the back of his results in Poland on his best equipment. Exactly the same as Matt Ford did with Szczepaniak this year. 

1. Doyle, 2. Wajtknecht, 3. Musielak, 4. Ellis, 5. Batchelor, 6. Pickering & 7. Nielsen - Start of the season

1. Doyle, 2. Pickering, 3. Musielak, 4. Ellis, 5. Batchelor, 6. Wajtknecht & 7. Nielsen - After the first set of GSA's

Rubbish!!!! Much prefer the side as it is 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep top 4 is pretty good, I think Lampart needs to be another Bellego imo.

Or another Musielak!

2 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Or another Musielak!

I was trying to keep it a little realistic! ;)

59 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

The new track won't happen. We will be in the same stadium and on the same track next season.

Oh okay!

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I was trying to keep it a little realistic! ;)

Well ya never know?! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Nielsen did very well at Poole last season and is still improving, he is currently a better rider than Shanes but we shall have to see who improves the most, if Poole don't get Stefan I am sure he will do well whoever he rides for at Premiership level.

I personally don't think he is a PL rider technically not great, also he has  had good backing he has been unlucky with injury but  that would concern me .Plus i see him at Swindon the other year  and of course  he has improved a lot did well at  Scunny but believe it or not prefer the reserves we have also he has had a bad injury he has to comeback from that.

7 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Highly unlikely as you will soon find out when clubs release signing news. Reserve riders are going to be very competitive in 2019. 

As they have always been with every team that win the league.

I hope I’m wrong but I agree with you & we will get beasted at reserve with what other teams will have.

But with Morris stitching us up big time Rosco has done what he can & as long as he doesn’t sit on his hands like last season we’ll be ok.

49 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

I prefer the Swindon side containing Lampart & Shanes as well. Because it's a lot weaker. Lampart desperation signing. 

Look i am open minded on Dawid if he does not cut it he will be replaced in 2012 he did really quite well .Since then he has improved but do i expect 4/5 points hopefully yes in a top five that won't be easy we shall see.Our top four i am more than happy with it has firepower if you look at Poole's maybe side  loads of question marks to be answered.??