British Speedway Forum

On 12/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, DC2 said:

If Rosco saw a BSPA riders' average list that included the ridiculously low ones being applied to L Bjerre, Barker, Busk Jacobsen and Rasmus Jensen, what made him think Lampart was a good signing on 4.56?

Lampart is a really big risk imo. He was poor here the last time and I’ve not seen enough development internationally to make me think he will be any better this time.

Swindon have the best top 3. Period. It’s absolute quality and it will drag them through the majority of meetings but I think they will just miss the mark when it really matters with that tail. It’s just too long.

They will easily make the play offs though.

3 hours ago, acef said:

Lampart is a really big risk imo. He was poor here the last time and I’ve not seen enough development internationally to make me think he will be any better this time.

Swindon have the best top 3. Period. It’s absolute quality and it will drag them through the majority of meetings but I think they will just miss the mark when it really matters with that tail. It’s just too long.

Poor? Averaged 4-5 and unquestionably a better rider than he was back then....He's not signed as a big hitter but someone who can average at least 5.....if he doesn't cut the mustard then shouldn't be too hard to to replace  but I'm confident he will do ok 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Poor? Averaged 4-5 and unquestionably a better rider than he was back then....He's not signed as a big hitter but someone who can average at least 5.....if he doesn't cut the mustard then shouldn't be too hard to to replace  but I'm confident he will do ok 

Exactly that, he'll do the job he has been brought in to do. 6-7 at home and 5 away would be what I'd expect. On a 4.58 average. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Exactly that, he'll do the job he has been brought in to do. 6-7 at home and 5 away would be what I'd expect. On a 4.58 average. 

5 away from a number two, riding in three races with his own number 1 and against opposition heatleaders? Away, the only expectation should be two points in heat 8; any more is a bonus.

But hagonshocker is right, with the 1.5 conversion rate there are plenty of good CL riders who could replace him (including Summers 4.58 and Rasmus Jensen).

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

5 away from a number two, riding in three races with his own number 1 and against opposition heatleaders? Away, the only expectation should be two points in heat 8; any more is a bonus.

But hagonshocker is right, with the 1.5 conversion rate there are plenty of good CL riders who could replace him (including Summers 4.58 and Rasmus Jensen).

I know it doesn't always convert to UK form, but have you actually taken a look at his progress since he last rode for Swindon?

2 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

I know it doesn't always convert to UK form, but have you actually taken a look at his progress since he last rode for Swindon?

Yes, I've looked at sportowefacty for his Polish form and it's unspectacular.

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I've looked at sportowefacty for his Polish form and it's unspectacular.

I guess we'll see then, but I'm thinking my 5 points away over the course of the season will be closer than the 2 points you predict

19 hours ago, acef said:

Lampart actually did not do to badly over here in 2012. he averaged overall around 5.83.He contributed quite alot that year and arguably it was a tougher league then.But make no mistake it is a tough ask for him but if  he can average 5 i will be happy if not we can replace him.

10 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

I guess we'll see then, but I'm thinking my 5 points away over the course of the season will be closer than the 2 points you predict

No, I said 2 points in heat 8 was the only reasonable expectation, but you'd also hope a favourable gate or good start in two of his other rides might gain points. Any number two scoring 4 away has done well, unless of course he's against a weaker opposition number two, in which case 4 points is a reasonable expectation and 6 is doing well.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

No, I said 2 points in heat 8 was the only reasonable expectation, but you'd also hope a favourable gate or good start in two of his other rides might gain points. Any number two scoring 4 away has done well, unless of course he's against a weaker opposition number two, in which case 4 points is a reasonable expectation and 6 is doing well.

Rosco has said that Ellis may ride at 2 & then pair the Poles together.

6 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Would be a crazy decision

Remind us....How many Elite League teams have you managed to the title?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Irrelevant. I am spot on.

Lampart rides with less pressure being partnered with the best rider in the league who will win near enough every race he competes in and it also gets Dawid's rides out of the way in the early part of the meeting which benefits Swindon. 

Not necessarily, position 2 is no gimme - you're partnered by your own #1 in 3 races and in Swindon's case that's one of the best riders in the world, whilst the opposition you face is similar whether you line up at 2/3 or 4. Adam is good enough to be a Heat Leader at Blunsdon and pairing him with Doyle could get Swindon on the front foot early, particularly at home.

• Like 1

if Ellis is number 2 i can see him getting a massive amount of bonus points which obviously don't count towards team building, so could help further along the line

• Like 2

any news on the track ?? it seems to have gone very quiet ???

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

any news on the track ?? it seems to have gone very quiet ???

No