Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Do you mean here

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15898083.work-on-new-stadium-could-be-underway-by-may/

or here

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2871

Think most of what you quote has again come from the Stadium owners rather than Rosco & Russell. They have passed on info as told in the past which has proved incorrect and have since not made mention of the stadium, just the track alterations.

that's what was promised ? but in reality just shortening track to accomodate more new build sadly !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

that's what was promised ? but in reality just shortening track to accomodate more new build sadly !!

The builders have NOT got planning permission for the houses on the east of the stadium, so ignore all the rubbish being posted. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

The builders have NOT got planning permission for the houses on the east of the stadium, so ignore all the rubbish being posted. 

well the track is being shortened for that purpose !! because the original plan was for track to be turned 180 degrees to have bends 1/2 on back straight along with pits & greyhound kennels !! seems all they are doing is shortening track obviously a lot more to do cash wise !! houses will be built on existing car park wait & see !! sadly this is all going to end in tears i fear !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

well the track is being shortened for that purpose !! because the original plan was for track to be turned 180 degrees to have bends 1/2 on back straight along with pits & greyhound kennels !! seems all they are doing is shortening track obviously a lot more to do cash wise !! houses will be built on existing car park wait & see !! sadly this is all going to end in tears i fear !!

Eventually houses will be built on the car park but not until they have complied with the planning conditions and are then given pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Eventually houses will be built on the car park but not until they have complied with the planning conditions and are then given pp.

it will be given for sure leaving the track surrounded by very close houses and a very old grandstand and a rotten back straight stand and the most disgusting toilets ever seen surely they are a health risk !! this time next season it could be a far worse situation ?? hopefully not ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

it will be given for sure leaving the track surrounded by very close houses and a very old grandstand and a rotten back straight stand and the most disgusting toilets ever seen surely they are a health risk !! this time next season it could be a far worse situation ?? hopefully not ??

It’s funny, those toilets always remind me of Manchester for some reason...????

Well, if we don’t run next season it will give you a bigger chance to win that league title again...hopefully???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, geoff58 said:

well the track is being shortened for that purpose !! because the original plan was for track to be turned 180 degrees to have bends 1/2 on back straight along with pits & greyhound kennels !! seems all they are doing is shortening track obviously a lot more to do cash wise !! houses will be built on existing car park wait & see !! sadly this is all going to end in tears i fear !!

If it does end in tears so be it, no good worrying about it it is out of the supporters hands,  me personally i am just  grateful we still have some speedway to watch in 2019.As time goes on i am more hopeful that the club might still have a future because to be honest i thought it might be over by now all the fans can do is support the club while it is still there.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

It’s funny, those toilets always remind me of Manchester for some reason...????

Well, if we don’t run next season it will give you a bigger chance to win that league title again...hopefully???

grow up you child !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

grow up you child !!

Are you really a Belle Vue fan, or are you another forum member posing under another name? Why are going on about the stadium like you are? Swindon fans know there are concerns, but we don't need supporters of other tracks coming here and taking the mickey about it, just because they now have their own new track.

I think there's only one person who needs to grow up.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

It’s funny, those toilets always remind me of Manchester for some reason...????

Well, if we don’t run next season it will give you a bigger chance to win that league title again...hopefully???

why not come and visit a proper speedway stadium & track :party:with clean toilets :party:that's if you ever venture away :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Are you really a Belle Vue fan, or are you another forum member posing under another name? Why are going on about the stadium like you are? Swindon fans know there are concerns, but we don't need supporters of other tracks coming here and taking the mickey about it, just because they now have their own new track.

I think there's only one person who needs to grow up.

find one post where its mickey taking ? there isn't !! we need swindon to continue !! but defo porkies being told the fans !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geoff58 said:

find one post where its mickey taking ? there isn't !! we need swindon to continue !! but defo porkies being told the fans !!! 

By the stadium owner, not by the speedway promotion who are guilty of nothing other than, perhaps, being a big naïve in believing everything they are being told.

It's good to, at least, see something happening there, but it seems it's the club that are doing it rather than the owners.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

I don't recall season tickets ever being advertised on the back of a new stadium being in place. Lots of fictional facts being thrown about at the moment, so perhaps I missed this originally

Well ok the wording was slightly different but the meaning was the same.....  

 
British Speedway : Elite League Last Updated: Nov 18th, 2015 - 10:41:14

 
Swindon Speedway: 2016 season tickets on sale,
By Admin
Nov 18, 2015, 10:42

 
Email this article
 Printer friendly page
 
Swindon have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.
Supporters can buy their season tickets online using the secure PayPal system on the club’s online store.

For those that prefer, postal applications are also accepted after downloading an application form.

Full details available from www.swindonrobins.co/ticketoffice.php
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well ok the wording was slightly different but the meaning was the same.....  

 
British Speedway : Elite League Last Updated: Nov 18th, 2015 - 10:41:14

 
Swindon Speedway: 2016 season tickets on sale,
By Admin
Nov 18, 2015, 10:42

 
Email this article
 Printer friendly page
 
Swindon have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.
Supporters can buy their season tickets online using the secure PayPal system on the club’s online store.

For those that prefer, postal applications are also accepted after downloading an application form.

Full details available from www.swindonrobins.co/ticketoffice.php

My personal take on that is that it is a bit different from actively selling season tickets and advertising "You'll be able to watch the second half of the season from the new grandstand" as you had originally said.

I believe assurances were being given by Stadia UK a way into the 2016 season that work would be complete by July. This obviously proved false and we are where we are.

Most Swindon fans have been following this saga since 2008 when original plans were outlined without a Speedway track included in them. We're 11 years on, 2 league titles on and still racing, with track alterations now taking place as is part of the revised plans.

We're all well aware of our Landlords track record (no pun intended), but can at least see our Promotion are sticking to what they have said they would do. 

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reliant Robin said:

My personal take on that is that it is a bit different from actively selling season tickets and advertising "You'll be able to watch the second half of the season from the new grandstand" as you had originally said.

I believe assurances were being given by Stadia UK a way into the 2016 season that work would be complete by July. This obviously proved false and we are where we are.

Most Swindon fans have been following this saga since 2008 when original plans were outlined without a Speedway track included in them. We're 11 years on, 2 league titles on and still racing, with track alterations now taking place as is part of the revised plans.

Yes but apart from the wording I wasn't wrong, it does say that "fans can now ensure they will be part of it." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy