British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Isle of Wight v Young Lions Select 21st August

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Still need a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

With all due respect who was going to beat Morley or Bowtell?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

With all due respect who was going to beat Morley or Bowtell?

Not many in the league would beat Morley & Bowtell around the Island. With respect i do't think many would have expected Whitmore not to start the meeting or the in form Spooner to withdraw after falling in heat 2 so with no reserves the Young Lions were always up against it.

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

What happened to Spooner & Whitmore?

Heat 2 troubles. Lewis looked to have a bike issue on bend one/two lap one that forced Alex into the fence. Lewis’ machinery problems were terminal and he withdrew immediately. Alex walked back to the pits but needed medical attention with the County Ambulance called to take him to hospital for a check up. Meeting delayed by about an hour unfortunately but in Warrior fashion we managed to create some activities to keep a good sized crowd engaged. Both sets of riders were generous with their time interacting with the supporters and helping to bridge the gap and John Carpenter & Barry Bishop were brilliant giving a public lesson on the mechanics of a speedway bike that was really well received.

• Like 4

I cannot believe the delay was indeed almost an hour because the time flew by for me... I loved giving the speedway bike lesson with John Carpenter, we had masses of team photos to give out, autographs, selfies... and not forgetting the kids race. Loved it... only sorry it took poor Alex Spooners crash to be given this length of time in which to actually show people around a speedway bike, how they work, can be adjusted and so on.... but watch this space... I think we can do more... and better  :)

• Like 3

Seems like this club is doing a great job for speedway really looking to put on a show for everyone.I was going to go there the other month v Birmingham but could not get the time off work the track i really like as well i will get there in the future.

• Like 3