British Speedway Forum

Just now, Charlieboy said:

Best kept secret is out,looks a promising signing,hope Josh packs in Poland and comes back as number 1 along side Kyle.Might be tempted to get Kasper back too.

Josh,Kyle,Andersen ( hold my hands up totally wrong about him) Shanes would be a good four to start with depends on the structure of the league though.

I Must say last night turned into a good meeting after all the doom and gloom of cancellation at the last meeting, the track staff did well and Graham is the best man in the business at track preparation allowing for his limited time now on thursday due to the running the dogs until 6 o'clock, i thought the track was very good.Also the promotion over the last 5 years have worked at length to improve the speedway, may i add we have won silverware again this year so onwards and upwards for next season, the team will be back on track next year we have just had a blip the last few weeks All the moaners and negative people need to look what Sheffield has done the last five years after barron years and second rate riders since 2002, Well done the promotion for keeping Sheffield going, we all know if not for them there would be no speedway in Sheffield. I will be supporting the Tigers in 2019

• Like 3

Very chuffed with the signing of Zaine Kennedy, looked sharp and entertaining in the Top Gun meeting. Good team around him and i feel he could score points for us next season. Anyone know what average Zaine will be arriving on, 5.00 ?

As I said on the Monarchs thread, I would love to see Kasper fitted in at second string/reserve. But then again Todd hasn't done anything really wrong this season either. 

1 hour ago, Tigerblade said:

As I said on the Monarchs thread, I would love to see Kasper fitted in at second string/reserve. But then again Todd hasn't done anything really wrong this season either. 

Todd is a slow-burner who will develop into an 8-points rider (but it may take him a couple of years yet). Definitely worth hanging onto. For me, Kasper is the rising star who, in the space of three matches, has shown that he has great potential. He professes to prefer the smaller tracks, as his 13 points at Armadale demonstrates. But 6 +2 last night in only his second Owlerton outing shows he's no slouch at home either. I would be very disappointed if they let him slip through their grasp. Of all the riders that have come through the revolving door at Owlerton this season he is by far the best prospect. It's a shame they didn't find him earlier.

A lot of fuss is being made about the Zaine Kennedy signing but on a 5.2 assessed average he's a big risk. Although he only finished sixth in the Top Gun scorers list, I'm prepared to go with the razzmatazz notion that he's a star of the future. But as things stand nothing is proven. We now seem to be "blessed" with three riders in Nicol, Kennedy and Andersen all vying for the same lower-middle order position in the 2019 line-up and I figure they'll only be able to accommodate one of them. It seems Kennedy is the current favoured option but if it means losing Andersen I think that would be a big mistake.

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Todd is a slow-burner who will develop into an 8-points rider (but it may take him a couple of years yet). Definitely worth hanging onto. For me, Kasper is the rising star who, in the space of three matches, has shown that he has great potential. He professes to prefer the smaller tracks, as his 13 points at Armadale demonstrates. But 6 +2 last night in only his second Owlerton outing shows he's no slouch at home either. I would be very disappointed if they let him slip through their grasp. Of all the riders that have come through the revolving door at Owlerton this season he is by far the best prospect. It's a shame they didn't find him earlier.

A lot of fuss is being made about the Zaine Kennedy signing but on a 5.2 assessed average he's a big risk. Although he only finished sixth in the Top Gun scorers list, I'm prepared to go with the razzmatazz notion that he's a star of the future. But as things stand nothing is proven. We now seem to be "blessed" with three riders in Nicol, Kennedy and Andersen all vying for the same lower-middle order position in the 2019 line-up and I figure they'll only be able to accommodate one of them. It seems Kennedy is the current favoured option but if it means losing Andersen I think that would be a big mistake.

Todd is a slow burner? really? His average in the 2nd division was 4.97 in 2011, now 7 years later is less than a point higher, on that basis it will take another 15 years plus to become an 8 point rider. I like Todd, but do you really think someone who has been around in this division for 7 years and always been a 5-6 point rider will suddenly be an 8 point rider and by definition a potential number 1. I have my doubts

• Thanks 1

I was thinking this earlier - throw in James Shanes too, and you'd think none of them really deserve to be dropped.  But someone's going to have to miss out. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

I was thinking this earlier - throw in James Shanes too, and you'd think none of them really deserve to be dropped.  But someone's going to have to miss out. 

Still got Josh Bates to fit in as well;)

3 hours ago, wtf said:

Todd is a slow burner? really? His average in the 2nd division was 4.97 in 2011, now 7 years later is less than a point higher, on that basis it will take another 15 years plus to become an 8 point rider. I like Todd, but do you really think someone who has been around in this division for 7 years and always been a 5-6 point rider will suddenly be an 8 point rider and by definition a potential number 1. I have my doubts

Not quite factual. His averages for the last three seasons have been 5.76 / 6.11 / 6.49. If he keeps up that same rate of progress he'll pass the 8 point mark during 2021 at the age of 29 (when most riders reach their peak).

• Confused 1

Not quite factual. His averages for the last three seasons have been 5.76 / 6.11 / 6.49. If he keeps up that same rate of progress he'll pass the 8 point mark during 2021 at the age of 29 (when most riders reach their peak).

roll on dan bewleys 29 th birthday . gonna be awesome .lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, 4thbender said:

GSA for Todd end of year final figures: 

2011     4.97

2012     4.38

2013     4.92

2014     5.96

2015      6.97

2016      5.76

2017      5.23 

2018 so far  5.82

You are more than welcome to have a different opinion of Todd's potential, but please don't tell me I have not been factual, when I have simply used the BSPA GSA from their website and maths. Personally I don't see the potential, you do, but it's all about opinions. ;)

5 hours ago, wtf said:

GSA for Todd end of year final figures: 

2011     4.97

2012     4.38

2013     4.92

2014     5.96

2015      6.97

2016      5.76

2017      5.23 

2018 so far  5.82

You are more than welcome to have a different opinion of Todd's potential, but please don't tell me I have not been factual, when I have simply used the BSPA GSA from their website and maths. Personally I don't see the potential, you do, but it's all about opinions. ;)

No, you are being absolutely UNfactual. Todd has spent most of his Sheffield career riding at no.2 to Josh G (in 2017) and Kyle (in 2018). His greatest strength has been turning their race wins into 5 - 1 scores by securing second places. You cannot therefore assess his performances by comparing the GSA average, which excludes the 49 bonus points he has scored (more than any other rider in the team) which, when taken into account, give a more accurate account of his team performance. Hence his averages are 6.11 in 2017 and 6.78 so far in 2018.

Incidentally, of all the Sheffield riders who've represented the team for the past two seasons, he is the only one  to improve on his 2017 average in 2018! 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, 4thbender said:

Incidentally, of all the Sheffield riders who've represented the team for the past two seasons, he is the only one  to improve on his 2017 average in 2018! 

if your talking facts....which i believe you are,dont forget james shanes has improved on his starting average.:D

If we can get Josh g and Kyle as top 2. Zaine and kasper 2 ND strings Broc at reserve what will that leave for 3rd heat leader and reserve? Would Thomas Jorgensen and dimi berge fit ? Dimi at reserve 

Edited by Charlieboy
Add to post

1 hour ago, romans lovechild said:

if your talking facts....which i believe you are,dont forget james shanes has improved on his starting average.:D

Yes, but as I said: "of all the Sheffield riders who've represented the team for the past two seasons..." James wasn't a Tiger in 2017.