British Speedway Forum

Damien says Zaine will be on a 5.20 averageĀ in this article from a couple of weeks back,note he says 'current level',

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/speedway/sheffield-tigers/speedway-highly-rated-zaine-kennedy-zooms-in-to-join-sheffield-tigers-1-9317720

4.00 is whats given to a non Brit rider if their average drops below 4 during the season ie Broc started on 5.20,his actual average is 3.37 so thats rounded up to 4.00.

Kasper on 5.20 is a must,currently returning 6.20 and as he won't do 4h/4a this year forĀ us,his average won't change till next season.

And Josh will get a reduction for missing this season through injury.

Kurtz definately is improving as a rider and no longer relies on a reserve berth, I remember my old man saying years ago he would be a Matt Wethers type of rider and he was right.

no reason he cant progress to a third heatleader berth over the next season or two.

11 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Just wondering... we had gold on the race suits this year given we were the champions, do you think we will have wood grain next year given we've got the wooden spoon?

Personally I would like to see the return of the SJP yellow and blue racejackets, the riders looked good in these. But only the style of racejacket up until the 2006 season, beyond that season the racejackets seemed to get chunkier, and although they may look similar the ones after 2006 were actually just over 1cm wider on the shoulder.

Why i know this is even beyond me, but bring back the SJP racejackets.

I would like to see either of these teams next year

Josh g

Zaine

Kyle

Kasper

proctor

Broc

Dimi

Or

Josh g

Zaine

Charles

Kasper

Kyle

Broc

Conner

if team average is 42-5 I think either might fit.loan Todd and Josh bates out

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

Kurtz definately is improving as a rider and no longer relies on a reserve berth, I remember my old man saying years ago he would be a Matt Wethers type of rider and he was right.

no reason he cant progress to a third heatleader berth over the next season or two.

I agree. Keep Todd and he'll improve.

Bringing back Josh Bates would be a big mistake IMO. He should be asked to prove his race fitness before he's included in the team - maybe a spell in the NL. By March 2019 he won't have sat on a bike for 18 months; with that length of inactivity (and a bad back) who knows if he can still hack it? I'd say let some other team take the risk. Including him in the 2018 team was the factor that started the rot this year. We don't want to make the same mistake twice (but uncle Damian might feel differently!)

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

I agree. Keep Todd and he'll improve.

Bringing back Josh Bates would be a big mistake IMO. He should be asked to prove his race fitness before he's included in the team - maybe a spell in the NL. By March 2019 he won't have sat on a bike for 18 months; with that length of inactivity (and a bad back) who knows if he can still hack it? I'd say let some other team take the risk. Including him in the 2018 team was the factor that started the rot this year. We don't want to make the same mistake twice (but uncle Damian might feel differently!)

Think your right regarding Bates,remember he also said he was jacking it all in before the season started and then changed his mind,big risk IMOĀ 

8 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I would like to see either of these teams next year

Josh g

Zaine

Kyle

Kasper

proctor

Broc

Dimi

Or

Josh g

Zaine

Charles

Kasper

Kyle

Broc

Conner

if team average is 42-5 I think either might fit.loan Todd and Josh bates out

I think team average will be more like 32-5 next year.

• Thanks 1

Strength in depth

(1) Kyle Howarth 7.49

(2) Zaine Kennedy 5.20

(3) Ty Proctor 6.92

(4) Jake Allen 7.00

(5) Thomas Jorgensen 7.25

(6) Kasper Andersen 5.20

(7) Jack Smith 3.00

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

Strength in depth

(1) Kyle Howarth 7.49

(2) Zaine Kennedy 5.20

(3) Ty Proctor 6.92

(4) Jake Allen 7.00

(5) Thomas Jorgensen 7.25

(6) Kasper Andersen 5.20

(7) Jack Smith 3.00

Is this assuming their will still be a Premier League next year?

Heard a rumour team average may be 36 !!! Ā If the averages are reduced then admission should come down ? Can't see that happening so that would be another nail in the speedway coffin. Surely they can't water the sport down anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Heard a rumour team average may be 36 !!! Ā If the averages are reduced then admission should come down ? Can't see that happening so that would be another nail in the speedway coffin. Surely they can't water the sport down anymore.

How in the name of...... can they average a team at 36? There are 90 points up for grabs in a match so commonĀ sense (something the ruling bodies obviously don't possess) say that should be 45 per team.
Over the years one of the many things that has annoyed me is the constant change each year in team make ups. When I first started going (50 years ago this month) kids all had their favourite riders and bought badges, rosettes etc with their pictures. Now a rider can be dumped at anytime and kids, who have spent their pocket money on stuff are left disappointed and having to spend on more.
I've also argued for years the season's average should be set at the winning's teams final average so the team can be kept together and other teams are encouraged to improve rather than diluting down. Yes I know that may incur more costs but some sort of wage limit has to be brought in. Let's face it Glasgow have obviously spent hard trying to win silverware but safe to say that has 'Bombed' so there are no guarantees lol

• Like 2

If you replace Charles (8.21) with Zaine (5.20) and keep the other six current Tigers it adds up to 35.96.

Now there not the final averages,but its a guide to what a 36 point team could look like.

1.Kyle 7.49

2.James 4.88

3.Kasper 5.20

4.ZaineĀ  5.20

5.Todd 5.76

6.Broc 4.00

7. Connor 3.43

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

35 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

How in the name of...... can they average a team at 36? There are 90 points up for grabs in a match so commonĀ sense (something the ruling bodies obviously don't possess) say that should be 45 per team.
Over the years one of the many things that has annoyed me is the constant change each year in team make ups. When I first started going (50 years ago this month) kids all had their favourite riders and bought badges, rosettes etc with their pictures. Now a rider can be dumped at anytime and kids, who have spent their pocket money on stuff are left disappointed and having to spend on more.
I've also argued for years the season's average should be set at the winning's teams final average so the team can be kept together and other teams are encouraged to improve rather than diluting down. Yes I know that may incur more costs but some sort of wage limit has to be brought in. Let's face it Glasgow have obviously spent hard trying to win silverware but safe to say that has 'Bombed' so there are no guarantees lol

Well I've just done 58 years and agree with you.like I said that's what I heard Sunday at the championship riders .Its not decided but a possibility depending on the structure of the league.lets hope it's the usual points limit and we don't lose too many teams .

10 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Well I've just done 58 years and agree with you.like I said that's what I heard Sunday at the championship riders .Its not decided but a possibility depending on the structure of the league.lets hope it's the usual points limit and we don't lose too many teams .

Well with rumours (and only rumours even if coming from fans of the teams concerned) it would seem that at least two teams are wanting to drop down from the Premier League and one team in the Championship is considering the viability of continuing at any level

Now assuming that a current Championship team won the play-offs would they be happy to change their race night and possibly suffer the same consequences as Rye House with badly reduced crowds? I doubt it so I can see the only option being one upper league without GP riders, doubling up obviously (:D) and racing on whatever night they chose.
So many things need sorted but I can't see that happening without an impartial independent ruling body.

Edited by cinderfella

i see on the redcar website that the bears promoter has lodged a complaint over the use of r/r for james shanes who was representing g.b in the world cup long track event.how petty.i wonder if he would have done the same had we not gained a point out of the meeting.for goodness sake and for the sake of the sport either us or the bears are going to finish bottom or next to bottom so is it that important.it,s been a poor league season for both teams and if you are so desperate to not finish bottom then its sad.the meeting at the ear last friday was a cracker and would have probably been less so if a junior would have had to be drafted in.so i am going to be petty now and say that i hope that we now win and that james returns and scores well and we win to really run it in.