British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Moranboys said:

i see on the redcar website that the bears promoter has lodged a complaint over the use of r/r for james shanes who was representing g.b in the world cup long track event.how petty.i wonder if he would have done the same had we not gained a point out of the meeting.for goodness sake and for the sake of the sport either us or the bears are going to finish bottom or next to bottom so is it that important.it,s been a poor league season for both teams and if you are so desperate to not finish bottom then its sad.the meeting at the ear last friday was a cracker and would have probably been less so if a junior would have had to be drafted in.so i am going to be petty now and say that i hope that we now win and that james returns and scores well and we win to really run it in.

e.w.r and rub.damn predictive text!

2 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

i see on the redcar website that the bears promoter has lodged a complaint over the use of r/r for james shanes who was representing g.b in the world cup long track event.how petty.i wonder if he would have done the same had we not gained a point out of the meeting.for goodness sake and for the sake of the sport either us or the bears are going to finish bottom or next to bottom so is it that important.it,s been a poor league season for both teams and if you are so desperate to not finish bottom then its sad.the meeting at the ear last friday was a cracker and would have probably been less so if a junior would have had to be drafted in.so i am going to be petty now and say that i hope that we now win and that james returns and scores well and we win to really run it in.

That's because Redcar saw one of the Tigers' fans saying BB should be banned from Owlerton altogether lol.
I'm afraid since Brian Havelock gave up the promotion at Redcar the new promotion seem to think meetings are won off the track after the result has been declared. 
Glasgow were subjected to it last year after the result was declared after the meeting was abandoned due to the curfew after the amount of time it took to fix the airfence and then attend to a rider suddenly needing attention. The fact that glasgow were 8pts up and had three unbeaten riders at that point didn't matter.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If you replace Charles (8.21) with Zaine (5.20) and keep the other six current Tigers it adds up to 35.96.

Now there not the final averages,but its a guide to what a 36 point team could look like.

1.Kyle 7.49

2.James 4.88

3.Kasper 5.20

4.Zaine  5.20

5.Todd 5.76

6.Broc 4.00

7. Connor 3.43

That team looks very poor compared to the team that was originally declared for the start of this season. Considering we will finish bottom not very inspiring.

5 minutes ago, RS50 said:

That team looks very poor compared to the team that was originally declared for the start of this season. Considering we will finish bottom not very inspiring.

When you even get the editor of this weeks Star saying the sport is in trouble and it's time BSPA listened you know things are wrong.
If the team building average is dropped again the sport will be lucky if it lasts another few seasons and will as Matt Ford (!!!!) warned go to a semi-pro level.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

If you replace Charles (8.21) with Zaine (5.20) and keep the other six current Tigers it adds up to 35.96.

Now there not the final averages,but its a guide to what a 36 point team could look like.

1.Kyle 7.49

2.James 4.88

3.Kasper 5.20

4.Zaine  5.20

5.Todd 5.76

6.Broc 4.00

7. Connor 3.43

What an awful thought that speedway will be watered down to that standard.

Every end of season we have the rumour that  the points limit is going to be drastically reduced and every year it proves to be untrue.

And I see no reason why they would do now except if they decide to go for one league and have 6 man teams, but even then I think it would be reduced to around the 40 point mark.

• Like 1

It's much more likely to be two leagues. One as per Championship level and the other as per NL without any "superstars" ( those that ride abroad regularly ).

Where does Lawlor come in your plans for 2019? He was signed then dropped but kept in the background for learning purposes. Will he be groomed, elsewhere, for a return in 2020.

Regarding the rumours(I have not heard them) of the limit being dropped to 36, still wrong in my eyes as it should be 42 based on 7 riders in each team riding 4 times equals 84 points, will this be due to 6 man teams with a possibility of a named squad/guest system.

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

1.Kyle 7.49

2.James 4.88

3.Kasper 5.20

4.Zaine  5.20

5.Todd 5.76

6.Broc 4.00

7. Connor 3.43

thats a terrible looking side  . 2019 will be just like 2018 with that team  !

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

thats a terrible looking side  . 2019 will be just like 2018 with that team  !

yes but everyone else will be similarly weakened. They could win the league with that team.

K. Howarth

D. Berge

K. Andersen

J. Shanes

J. Grajczonek

B. Nicol

Z. Kennedy

What would that add up to in terms of averages ?

On 9/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, spin king said:

Every end of season we have the rumour that  the points limit is going to be drastically reduced and every year it proves to be untrue.

And I see no reason why they would do now except if they decide to go for one league and have 6 man teams, but even then I think it would be reduced to around the 40 point mark.

They have already had several meetings about it, It'll be two leagues, the upper about the current Championship strength and the lower below that. Current levels are unsustainable with the crowd and sponsorship levels.

If the rumour of 32 is agreed I can see loads of riders not getting a team place as everybody's team average at present is between 38 -44 points,meaning everybody will be after the 5-6 point men.We will have to wait and see but if it gets diluted any more the riders will have to ride semi pro.Will the admission prices reflect a lesser product on track ? I doubt it.Depending which way the decision goes ( 42 36 or 32 ) we've already got Zaine on a 5-20 gamble Todd 5-76 not too Good on several away tracks and 5-20 Kasper who has been a revelation away from home scoring on tracks he's not seen.For me ,I like Todd and if we can get all 3 in fair enough but surely we've got to get Kasper in one way or another.Who actually owns him ? Has he rode enough for kings Lynn to be owned by them or is he a free agent?As our season is now over then we have plenty of time to speculate and talk to some potential signings.