British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, spin king said:

So we could go with the same team and just replace Wright, who I would think will be going back to Somerset, with another approx. 7.50 point rider?

Forgot we have signed the Aussie lad already

Edited by The Third Man

Sunday’s are no go for me as I match fish on sundays , maybe see them at scunny a couple of times if they are still doing Fridays.

how many years of tradition are they doing away with ? , Thursday night is speedway night !

Edited by dink

I would like us to get Kasper back as he was quite decent away and with lower team averages could be a very useful acquisition ,Connor on a 3 + might be capable of doing some damage at the bottom end as good 3 pointers will be more crucial next season.

So sad that we have gone to Sunday. For me it is just impossible to do, so I will have to finish my 50 years of followig the TIgers including many hours helping up and comming ridrs on the training track, and being on the spanners with the likes of Adam Allott, David Speight, Emiliano Sanchez and many others. I hope not to loose touch with speedway but for me it will have to be Scunthorpe if they have any Friday meetings or Belle Vue on Thursday nights. I wish the Tigers all the best for the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

well.some changes for 2019.same set up as last season though for league matches and the two cup comps.sunday race days.sorry but thursdays are speedway days at sheffield.can understand the kids bit but i think that deffo rule me out for next season as i have plenty of other things that i do on a sunday.should have made the move to the premiership and taken advantage of the b.t sport coverage.lower points limit as well, one of my favourite riders looking as though he will be gone.sad times.i wish sheffield all the best for the future.will still do the g.p weekend and maybe a few other meets but not at sheffield.so after 42 years following the tigers comes an end of an era.so sad:cry:

• Like 1

Gutted about this , been going since my dad took me in the 1960’s had a break in the 1980’s and back since mid 1990’s , gonna miss it.

feels like it’s shut down again to me :(

Edited by dink

Be Belle Vue for me next year also, might make odd sunday meeting but it is my only day off at weekend and taking off to Speedway every sunday would not go down well.

It is a shame and hope it works out but can't see it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

well.some changes for 2019.same set up as last season though for league matches and the two cup comps.sunday race days.sorry but thursdays are speedway days at sheffield.can understand the kids bit but i think that deffo rule me out for next season as i have plenty of other things that i do on a sunday.should have made the move to the premiership and taken advantage of the b.t sport coverage.lower points limit as well, one of my favourite riders looking as though he will be gone.sad times.i wish sheffield all the best for the future.will still do the g.p weekend and maybe a few other meets but not at sheffield.so after 42 years following the tigers comes an end of an era.so sad:cry:

changing teams race nights proved disaster for some in 2018 so they try it again in 2019 

definitely  someone wants to see speedway teams going under 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJK86 said:

Be Belle Vue for me next year also, might make odd sunday meeting but it is my only day off at weekend and taking off to Speedway every sunday would not go down well.

It is a shame and hope it works out but can't see it.

im the same mate 

my team isn't Sheffield but sundays is my only day off work 

but its a very busy day shopping/washing and all other tasks I cant do the other 6 days aswell as having my 2 year old granddaughter on a sunday 

Just now, scaramanga said:

im the same mate 

my team isn't Sheffield but sundays is my only day off work 

but its a very busy day shopping/washing and all other tasks I cant do the other 6 days aswell as having my 2 year old granddaughter on a sunday 

Yeh i have my son also who i would take but then so much time is taken out of day taking him back home and then getting back home myself, just won't be able to justify it at all.

Think you can count Shanes out of the Tiger's team next season due to his longtrack/grasstrack commitments on a Sunday be happy to see him back at Birmingham tho unless we move to a Sunday :rolleyes:

Sundays is fine by me, but I was not expecting Sunday race day, I was expecting Wednesday to be honest.

Will be interesting to see how the changes will effect crowd figures.

The new points limit was the shocker for me, going to take some careful and creative team building.    

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

I would like us to get Kasper back as he was quite decent away and with lower team averages could be a very useful acquisition ,Connor on a 3 + might be capable of doing some damage at the bottom end as good 3 pointers will be more crucial next season.

Think montain will be Leicester. Look at the averages, I think the likes of Berge, Andersen and any of the up-and-coming 2 points (Flint, Brennan, Kemp, Bickley) will be big acquisitions now.

• Like 2

I would say that Andersen is a key rider, but there be a problem if he wants to ride Poland and race days been Sundays at Sheffield.

Berge could be a problem as well with Grass track and Long track commitments.

Its looking as though we will probably be predominately using British riders with a few Aussie riders.

Edinburgh are going have to of load a few riders maybe Josh Pickering might be rider that could be released.

One rider who will be able to name his price will be Drew Kemp. 

I'm not impressed with the change to Sunday meetings as we follow other motosports which happen on a Sunday plus family commitments.  Good luck to Sheffield Speedway and I hope you will attract more support from families but you will have lost regular supporters who cannot now regularly attend.