British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, jenga said:

he still will not be riding in 2019 . he is unstable in the eeed . 

Must attend the same psychiatrist as you how else would you know this :).

• Haha 2

so what averages will everyone be using for next year its a bit unclear on the bspa website.

will kyle who finished with a championship average of 6.95, have to use his premiership average of 5.16, which converts into 7.74?????

a strange one could be rory schlein 8.59 CL average, but a converted prem ave of 12.00,

they need to come out and say which set is going to be used, until messrs chapman and godfrey need to fit someone in.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spin king said:

I would say that Andersen is a key rider, but there be a problem if he wants to ride Poland and race days been Sundays at Sheffield.

Berge could be a problem as well with Grass track and Long track commitments.

Its looking as though we will probably be predominately using British riders with a few Aussie riders.

Edinburgh are going have to of load a few riders maybe Josh Pickering might be rider that could be released.

One rider who will be able to name his price will be Drew Kemp. 

berge has signed a deal with a polish club so that would rule him out for us.

assuming kyle uses his CL average,we could go with-

1.howarth....6.95

2.andersen...5.20

3.douglas....6.12

4.kurtz.........5.91

5.bates........6.54

6.kennedy....5.20

7.lawlor.......2.00

total....37.92

2018 rules regarding Kyle and Josh:-

1. The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the

Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.

2. 16.2.8  AMENDED MA’s have been amended with the Approval of the BSPA GC or MC for:

1. a)  Riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3

seasons (NB. The MA may be increased or decreased).

2. b)  Riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to injury. 

Thursday night s have always been speedway night s at Sheffield . Sundays no good for me will be giving it a miss  have been thinking of going to belle vue to see if the racing s as good as people say this could swing it for me to travel across the Pennines 

Kyle will be back on 6.95 and Zaine starts on a 4 point average. Kyle will not start at number 1 which should suit him better. Josh g riding in Poland Josh b should be back next season but not for us. We will be guaranteed 20 meetings and admission price not going up.The stadium work should be under way and the plans sound exciting.Start time is in the hands of the stadium,mark bates having a meeting next week .Hopefully start naming team from next week.Last night was a very interesting meeting and very informative .Thanks to mark Peter and steady.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Kyle will be back on 6.95 and Zaine starts on a 4 point average. Kyle will not start at number 1 which should suit him better. Josh g riding in Poland Josh b should be back next season but not for us. We will be guaranteed 20 meetings and admission price not going up.The stadium work should be under way and the plans sound exciting.Start time is in the hands of the stadium,mark bates having a meeting next week .Hopefully start naming team from next week.Last night was a very interesting meeting and very informative .Thanks to mark Peter and steady.

Has the average changed for new riders.? I was under the impression Zaine would be 5 or 5.20.

As for changing the race day to Sunday I know a lot more people who don't work Sundays than who do these days, having been a shift worker for many years I am aware of the issues this can cause. Having read most of the posts on here from those affected by the change I do feel sorry for you, but it would appear that unless they moved up the management are stuck with it.

What I do like though is that most who can't do Sundays at Sheffield seem determined to go elsewhere to get their live speedway entertainment next year and that can only be good for the sport in general that existing fans will still be contributing. Sad that they won't be at Owlerton and they will be missed but it may allow others who couldn't do Thursdays to now be there.

It's swings and round-a-bouts really but we all must keep going if we don't want to let this sport we love fade away, which is something that keeps threatening to happen year on year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Has the average changed for new riders.? I was under the impression Zaine would be 5 or 5.20.

Yes the limit has changed from 42.5 to 38 but a way to get round it is by letting new riders in on a 4 so Zaine is a 4 but Kasper would be 5.2 as he rode last season but was 1 meeting short of a average I think.