British Speedway Forum

There's some banging Polish Division 2 teams:

Tero Aarnio    Finland    1984    -
Stanisław Burza    Poland    1977    1,349
Adrian Gomólski    Poland    1987    0.000 (nsk)
Michael Haertel    Germany    1998    -
Dominik Kossakowski    Poland    1997    1,167 (league 1)
Matej Kus    Czech Republic    1989    -
Wojciech Lisiecki    Poland    1992    0.906 (1st league)
Jordan Stewart    Australia    1998    -
Hynek Stichauer    Czech Republic    1987

Managed by Stan the Man himself.

Todd Kurtz's team is equally fearsome:

Facundo Albin    Argentina    1992    1,083 (nsk)
Damian Baliński    Poland    1977    1,954
Petr Chlupac    Czech Republic    2002    -
Todd Kurtz    Australia    1992    -
Jaimon Lidsey    Australia    1999    2,000 and 0,00 (Ekstraliga - nsk)

4 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Scott Nicholls 

2. Broc Nicol

3. Dan Bewley

4. Todd Kurtz

5. Kyle Howarth

6. Zaine Kennedy

7. Drew Kemp

No chance of getting Bewley.

Rybnik think the world of him and pretty sure he’s back there next year which rules him out given the Sunday afternoon home meetings.

Don't want to go to sleep tonight because I'm scared that when i wake up the Drew Kemp signing will have all been just a dream ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great start to the team building. Welcome to Sheffield Drew and well done to the promotion for securing the deal.

After the brilliant signing of Drew it would be good to get Danny king in as it might help Drew to settle quicker.A fully fit King would be a good choice my only worry would be how fit is he after last season? King Zaine Drew and I expect Kyle to be back would give us about 22.85 and leave around 15.15 for the last 3. Broc on a 4 possibly still leaves 11!!!!

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

If your management were not looking at this kid on a 2pt average with the ability he has they would be neglecting there duty in building the strongest team possible.

We will see... a lot of hype about him, he didn't light up the World when he rode at Workington this season , Kyle Bickley beating him in heat 2 no problem lets hope the pressure doesn't get to him but personally I think people are expecting too much from a young lad coming up into the Championship

Cast your mind back less than a month ago when a team , cast aside at the start of the season by everyone as not being the strongest on paper , scooped the "Treble" :D who would have thought !!!!  So you see our Management will be neglecting nothing believe me,  on their duty of putting our team together :approve:

Let’s get real here, there isn’t a SINGLE club in the division who would turn their nose up at Drew Kemp on a 2 point average so behave. 

If Drew had spoken to the Workington promotion and said “I’d like to ride for you next year”, there isn’t a chance in hell they’d have said “nah you’re not for us” :rolleyes:

Sheffield have Simon Stead to thank for this signing. I believe he was all set to sign for Eastbourne until Stead persuaded him to sign for Sheffield. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Irving said:

Let’s get real here, there isn’t a SINGLE club in the division who would turn their nose up at Drew Kemp on a 2 point average so behave. 

If Drew had spoken to the Workington promotion and said “I’d like to ride for you next year”, there isn’t a chance in hell they’d have said “nah you’re not for us” :rolleyes:

Sheffield have Simon Stead to thank for this signing. I believe he was all set to sign for Eastbourne until Stead persuaded him to sign for Sheffield. 

CRIKEY ! ! !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

After the "incident" at Eastbourne this season I think it's highly unlikely that Drew would have ended up there tbh.Great signing for Sheffield.Drew is a huge talent 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

After the "incident" at Eastbourne this season I think it's highly unlikely that Drew would have ended up there tbh.Great signing for Sheffield.Drew is a huge talent 

I thought that as well adz but I’d also heard he was Eastie bound tbf. Don’t think the incident you’re talking about would have held long term grudges in all honesty. 

Business is business at the end of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I thought that as well adz but I’d also heard he was Eastie bound tbf. Don’t think the incident you’re talking about would have held long term grudges in all honesty. 

Business is business at the end of the day. 

Well if he was Easbourne bound something obviously wasn't quite right if Sheffield have just come in and snapped him up from under their noses that's all I will say.Either way,i think Sheffield is a better move for Drew long term.Has had a season around Mildenhall,the bigger track will suit him.He flew around BV this year (clocked a faster time than the Premiership ht1 time the week before) so the big track is no issue for him.He will love it there I'm sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

Well if he was Easbourne bound something obviously wasn't quite right if Sheffield have just come in and snapped him up from under their noses that's all I will say.Either way,i think Sheffield is a better move for Drew long term.Has had a season around Mildenhall,the bigger track will suit him.He flew around BV this year (clocked a faster time than the Premiership ht1 time the week before) so the big track is no issue for him.He will love it there I'm sure 

Totally agree. 

So - can someone just confirm for me - Is Drew Kemp one of the 2 "mystery" signings that are to be unveiled on the 28th ? Or are they still being kept under wraps ?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Had Eastbourne stuck a contract under his nose he’d now be an Eastbourne rider. But they’re not in a position at this moment to put names on contracts. Doesn’t mean wheels haven’t been put in motion.