British Speedway Forum

No thank you to Steve worrall or Richie either neither one of them have guested well for us in the past, Steve scoring 2/3 points at Berwick a couple years back and Richie’s disgraceful showing at Scunny this season, and no SHEFFIELD is not a track they have done well at regularly 

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Has Steve Worrall been mentioned as a Potential Number 1 for the Tigers?

I would imagine that Steve worrall would be riding Poland again next year, which is why he left Newcastle after years of loyalty. If Steve was no longer riding Poland (I would hope) Newcastle’s promotion would bring him home............. 

• Like 1

Didn’t Ty take a year out a couple of years ago so that he could get a residents visa or something? The year after he got kicked of the country whilst riding for us

4 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I would imagine that Steve worrall would be riding Poland again next year, which is why he left Newcastle after years of loyalty. If Steve was no longer riding Poland (I would hope) Newcastle’s promotion would bring him home............. 

Neither of the Worrall`s are riding in Poland in 2019  

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Neither of the Worrall`s are riding in Poland in 2019  

If this is fact, I would struggle to see him not coming back to Newcastle, be a good place to Assist his recovery on a track he knows well. That said, I won’t be bitter, and if Sheffield do get him hats off to you, best rider in the league for me on reliability and delivering when the pressure is on (get it others have a higher average after last year). For me however I can only see Sheffield with one of three riders at number one

1) Rory schlein

2) Danny king

3) Richard lawson

All suited to your track, all would do a cracking job, and for me the number one you need 

Can't see it been Lawson after he was lined up to come last season then went for more money elsewhere ? More chance of King as he's had some good performances at Sheffield over the years but not been too hot in the recent past from what I can remember 

Agreed, unlikely to be Lawson after last year. King has the connection with the promotion via Leicester and so is probably the more likely of the 3.

I like Schlein but he has had some horrible injuries over the past couple of years and isn’t as young as he used to be. One to be missed I think

2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

If this is fact, I would struggle to see him not coming back to Newcastle, be a good place to Assist his recovery on a track he knows well. That said, I won’t be bitter, and if Sheffield do get him hats off to you, best rider in the league for me on reliability and delivering when the pressure is on (get it others have a higher average after last year). For me however I can only see Sheffield with one of three riders at number one

1) Rory schlein

2) Danny king

3) Richard lawson

All suited to your track, all would do a cracking job, and for me the number one you need 

I would be very surprised to see Lawson at Sheffield for 2019, after the shenanigan's last season when agreeing to come and then signing for Lakeside, I think that feeling will still be a bit raw, add to the fact that his average is pretty high I think he may struggle to find a Championship place at all. And on a personally note I don't really fancy having in the team as he does not entertain me a bit of a gating tart for me.

Schlein is a maybe, did read somewhere that this is to be his last season in racing, maybe he fancies returning where it all started with the Prowlers, but somehow I get the feeling that he is not totally comfortable with the Sheffield track.

Of the three Danny King would be my choice, quality rider who can race a bit and of the three for me suits what Sheffield are looking for rather that the other two.     

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Schlein heads to Somerset

With Harris and Covatti, not bad three heat leaders there!

24 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

With Harris and Covatti, not bad three heat leaders there!

Agreed - Somerset are definitely building top heavy. With regards to our line up personally i hope we don't sign one of the Worralls. Hanging my hopes on it being Danny King, not a huge fan of Lawson either if im honest although i wouldnt be too disappointed if it were to be him.

Lawson signed for opolo in polish 2nd division.

• Like 1