British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Absolutely agree - 4.00pm is neither one thing or the other. Too early for an evening match and too late for an afternoon match. Sunday tea is a special time in many families and taking dads away from 3.00 till 6.30 will ruin family time on Sundays and won't be popular with mums.

We spend our weekends at Brid and I can't see my missus agreeing to have an early dinner and leave the caravan straight after in order to get back by 4.00 so I guess that's the end of over 50 years as a supporter.

Yes 5pm first race would be much better and keep to tight schedule so not late for young kids. 

36 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Howarth and king to be revealed on Wednesday

King

Nichol

Andersen

Procter

Howarth

Kennedy

kemp

that's my guess

That is a strong team

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes 5pm first race would be much better and keep to tight schedule so not late for young kids. 

And you'd still get home in time to see the other antiques roadshow (the one on telly at 8.00pm I mean)

Bates signed for Leicester- happy with that, think he will be a risk to have in the team personally

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

Bates signed for Leicester- happy with that, think he will be a risk to have in the team personally

thanks to josh for all his efforts in his time at sheffield but onwards and upwards for the tigers as would deffo had been too risky in the side

4 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

That is a strong team

Is it really? Howarth is in a false average, and king will be consistent. 

A lot of question marks however, nicol, Anderson (as good as he looked briefly last year has a lot to prove) kemp is a good 2 pointer but there are others close who could do a job... 

kennedy - well there are exciting Aussies throughout the league, not many match their starting average in year one....

and procter...... well in simple terms no improvement, and anyone thinking he can be the same procter from years ago is mistaken...... no improvement....

i see 2 riders upping their average, Kemp and howarth (on a false average)

think there are better opportunities than that to complete what could be a good team

1 hour ago, Diamond geezer said:

A lot of question marks however, nicol, Anderson (as good as he looked briefly last year has a lot to prove) kemp is a good 2 pointer but there are others close who could do a job... 

kennedy - well there are exciting Aussies throughout the league, not many match their starting average in year one....

and procter...... well in simple terms no improvement, and anyone thinking he can be the same procter from years ago is mistaken...... no improvement....

think there are better opportunities than that to complete what could be a good team

I think 5 out of 7 will improve their averages ,the other 2 will probably maintain theirs ,all in all that’s a potential packed team! 

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I see Howarth, Andersen, Kemp & Nichol upping theirs, the others will maintain theirs in addition to the natural increase because of the 38 point limit

Don't forget every team will up their averages from 38 to an average of 42 when the first averages are published anyway, 

has it been explained anywhere how teams strengthen this year? does the points limit go to 42 when the first averages are published?

18 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

I see Howarth, Andersen, Kemp & Nichol upping theirs, the others will maintain theirs in addition to the natural increase because of the 38 point limit

Don't forget every team will up their averages from 38 to an average of 42 when the first averages are published anyway, 

has it been explained anywhere how teams strengthen this year? does the points limit go to 42 when the first averages are published?

If the averages still roll over 20 meetings then the natural progression from 38 to 42 team total will not be seen at the first set of averages but gradually throughout the year

By the end of the year every rider should increase by around 0.6 to in effect stand still at the same level they started

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If the averages still roll over 20 meetings then the natural progression from 38 to 42 team total will not be seen at the first set of averages but gradually throughout the year

By the end of the year every rider should increase by around 0.6 to in effect stand still at the same level they started

So will teams build to 38 all season or will it increase month on month?

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

So will teams build to 38 all season or will it increase month on month?

Ive seen nothing to suggest it wont stay at 38

You suggestion of a gradual increase certainly has some merit though

• Like 1

Not quite sure how the 38 point team  average is going to pan out going forward. It doesn't appear to make complete sense and could ulimately water down the very good product that has been the Championship in recent seasons. 

With 46 points needed to win a meeting then on the face of it there appears to be quite a disparity which will probably do nothing for the better riders willingness to increase their average beyond a certain point especially if they are on guaranteed start money because ulyimately they could be riding themselves out of a job.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Not quite sure how the 38 point team  average is going to pan out going forward. It doesn't appear to make complete sense and could ulimately water down the very good product that has been the Championship in recent seasons. 

With 46 points needed to win a meeting then on the face of it there appears to be quite a disparity which will probably do nothing for the better riders willingness to increase their average beyond a certain point especially if they are on guaranteed start money because ulyimately they could be riding themselves out of a job.

The way the averages are made up they only total 42 points for each team if there is a draw

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Sledging season starts straight after Christmas.

Snowed already in North Yorkshire so probably started early :rolleyes: