British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Sledging season starts straight after Christmas.

Quote from Josh Bates video interview on Speedway GB website: "I feel more cleverer on a bike...."

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:02 PM, Cue Ball said:

Bates signed for Leicester- happy with that, think he will be a risk to have in the team personally

Agreed, after the season we've just had,  which was partly due to not replacing him earlier than they did, I don't think either the Club or him could take the risk. 

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Quote from Josh Bates video interview on Speedway GB website: "I feel more cleverer on a bike...."

And he went on to say he hadn’t ridden a bike since the injury :o

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Cue Ball said:

Bates signed for Leicester- happy with that, think he will be a risk to have in the team personally

Not sure which manager of the Bates owned teams feel they have the best deal here.

Leicester for getting his signature or Sheffield for not doing so.

• Like 1

looking at the josh bate vid on the bspa site . he does not seem to be able to control his own body , never mind a speedway bike . i fear the worst for young josh and maybe its time to look for another sport less demanding . but wish him all the best on his comeback .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Not sure which manager of the Bates owned teams feel they have the best deal here.

Leicester for getting his signature or Sheffield for not doing so.

Think Sheffield have dodged a bullet there.

3 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

And he went on to say he hadn’t ridden a bike since the injury :o

Or a sledge. :P But there's time yet. :o

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 4thbender said:

He’s also so much more cleverer, he appears not to realise which night he’s riding on. Constantly refers to how great riding on a Sunday will be. Even though he’ll be riding on a Saturday evening for the Lions.

Gawd ‘elp us.

Bit harsh, I’ve just watched the interview and it’s clear the guy asking the questions jumps from Sheffield to Leicester when asking him questions, no wonder he didn’t know which club he was referring too lol

also many a rider can be more cleverer on a bike, just miss enterpretated his reply.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

He’s also so much more cleverer, he appears not to realise which night he’s riding on. Constantly refers to how great riding on a Sunday will be. Even though he’ll be riding on a Saturday evening for the Lions.

Gawd ‘elp us.

Don't worry, he's from Barnsley!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

He has got mixed up as to the day when Proctor is riding

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Aye, I like the lad. Rode really well for us in the top league in 2017. Sure he will again next year. So long as he turns up at the right track, on the right night anyway.

• Haha 1

He also spoke of his enthusiasm for boxing. I thought that had come to an end after his first round defeat by the pits wall at Leicester a couple of years ago?  I don't think it will be dull with him around this season, as long as he gets that far without doing something daft.......

• Like 2

4 months is quite a long time.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

He also spoke of his enthusiasm for boxing. I thought that had come to an end after his first round defeat by the pits wall at Leicester a couple of years ago?  I don't think it will be dull with him around this season, as long as he gets that far without doing something daft.......

Anyone that punches a wall has probably got quite a long list of daft things to do in their lifetime, either intentionally or unintentionally ...