British Speedway Forum

Howarth is a Must for me, if it wasnt to be Nicol then which other riders are available around his average ?

• Like 1

I would expect Kyle and Broc to fill last two places. If that’s the case I can see u lining up with King Kennedy Anderson Proctor Howarth Nicol Kemp hopefully we get no injuries and can win silverware. King said he should be fully fit for start of the season and if he can score big from the off and new lads settle quick we should be fine. Broc could do with a good mechanic behind him as Steady said he’d had carburettor problems at the back end of last season and it took a while for him to work it out. 

Sorry to see Todd's gone to Rebels. He's been a great team man and not done anything wrong at Sheffield. Wish him well at the Oak Tree - they've got a good bloke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Was there any mention of when the promotion would like to have the final 2 signings in by ?

Already signed I believe. Damian said last night ‘the seven riders we have signed’ and in a separate conversation Peter Mike said that the team was sorted

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Was there any mention of when the promotion would like to have the final 2 signings in by ?

Already signed I believe. Damian said last night ‘the seven riders we have signed’ and in a separate conversation Peter Mike said that the team was sorted

i think they were one of the title favourites in 2018 . ended up with a lump of wood !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hope i don't sound like a doom and gloom merchant, and i think that the promotion are putting together a great looking side, but if the families do come back on a sunday,then all the efforts of trying to make the afternoon more appealing with various changes will all pale into insignificance if there are still the delays that occur when the 1 ambulance has to make the journey to hospital and the inevitable delays that this brings happens.this,on top of the 2 minute rule and the track grading delays will only add to the delay problems and those extra families won't be attending for long.i apologise if these things are going to be addressed  along with other rules but nothing has been mentioned anywhere as of yet.

Howarth & Nichol to complete, thought it was Howarth & King last night, but I suppose they went with the two new signings first

Good team, lets hope it works out next year

It's always difficult when there is a change of race night and it's not going to suit everyone. However, the fact remains that we need to try and attract a new and younger audience somehow. I'm 50 and I often feel like the youngest there. When you used to look at the first bend you could see blue and yellow scarves, now it's grey hair and beige anoraks.

If the change of race night starts to attract some kids who can be home before bedtime then all the better.

Well done on the team building by the way, it looks a very exciting team and I will be making every effort to be there next season after a bit of a period of apathy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

hope i don't sound like a doom and gloom merchant, and i think that the promotion are putting together a great looking side, but if the families do come back on a sunday,then all the efforts of trying to make the afternoon more appealing with various changes will all pale into insignificance if there are still the delays that occur when the 1 ambulance has to make the journey to hospital and the inevitable delays that this brings happens.this,on top of the 2 minute rule and the track grading delays will only add to the delay problems and those extra families won't be attending for long.i apologise if these things are going to be addressed  along with other rules but nothing has been mentioned anywhere as of yet.

Totally agree with this far too many delays between racing. Should be more telling you about whats happening perhaps chat with riders instead of 20 laps of the tractor. Need to keep the fans entertained.

Drew Kemp is on front page of Speedway Star telling the world that his only desire is to ride in Poland. It's a bit like signing a contract with Manchester United and announcing you want to play for Juventus.

3 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Drew Kemp is on front page of Speedway Star telling the world that his only desire is to ride in Poland. It's a bit like signing a contract with Manchester United and announcing you want to play for Juventus.

Manchester United???

More like Accrington Stanley ;)