British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Drew Kemp is on front page of Speedway Star telling the world that his only desire is to ride in Poland. It's a bit like signing a contract with Manchester United and announcing you want to play for Juventus.

Good for him. That should be every young riders ambition 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Good for him. That should be every young riders ambition 

I think raising the quality, competitiveness and entertainment level of British speedway should be the goal of every British rider if they want the sport to survive in this country. Deserting the sinking ship is the very spirit of defeatism. We should be aiming to defeat the poles, not sell out to them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Last 2 annouced tomorrow. I'm gonna go Sarjeant and Howarth.

Here's hoping you're 50% right.

52 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Last 2 annouced tomorrow. I'm gonna go Sarjeant and Howarth.

Nichol & Howarth

20 hours ago, 4thbender said:

I think raising the quality, competitiveness and entertainment level of British speedway should be the goal of every British rider if they want the sport to survive in this country. Deserting the sinking ship is the very spirit of defeatism. We should be aiming to defeat the poles, not sell out to them.

His job is to be the best rider he can be not help the shower of rubbishe that is british speedway 

20 hours ago, 4thbender said:

The likes of Drew , Flint , Bickley etc aspiring to reach current Polish standard will raise the level of British speedway and give us a chance of defeating them

21 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Riders ride in number of leagues in a number of countries.

As a young and up and coming rider you should aspire to ride against the best opposition.

And the best opposition you can race against is out in Poland, at this moment.

Young Drew has the potential to go very far in the sport and by the looks of it his ambition matches this, it should not be knocked and I am pleased that he has chosen to ride for our team to try and move his career along. . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Here's hoping you're 50% right.

You know, I don't think sarj would be too bad of a signing really. Rode pretty well on his last visit to Owlerton. Not the most exciting rider, but could prove useful in this weakened League.

That is a tremendous team. Well done on a great build. Early doors but can't see you being anything other than strong favourites for the title. 

Edited by Fingersfin

Really like the look of this Sheffield team. Powerful top 3, exciting youngsters + real x-factor in the shape of Drew Kemp. Will certainly make a trip or two across from Manchester to watch this side, especially now you're racing Sunday's. Good luck to Steady & all involved. 

Think we've got a good team overall. Not massively convinced with Nicol, we saw glimpses last season of a good rider but not much consistency and didn't really do much when he dropped to reserve either. My only worry is that whichever rider of the bottom 3 ends up in the main body throughout the season is in for a rough time.

But hopefully won't be the case. King should do his job at 1, Proctor is what he is in this league but Andersen and Howarth, they could be the big difference in the team. A fully fit Howarth will make a mockery of that average and I think we saw enough from Andersen to know we've got a rider on a bargain average. With a bit of luck, we should be fighting at the top this season.

Great looking team. Can see all bar King on averages that they can easily improve on. As long as they stay away from injuries they will be the team to beat in 2019. 

Jeez this looks a strong team. 

Suppose a lot will rest on King's fitness after his bad injury. 

• Like 1