British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Think we've got a good team overall. Not massively convinced with Nicol, we saw glimpses last season of a good rider but not much consistency and didn't really do much when he dropped to reserve either. My only worry is that whichever rider of the bottom 3 ends up in the main body throughout the season is in for a rough time.

But hopefully won't be the case. King should do his job at 1, Proctor is what he is in this league but Andersen and Howarth, they could be the big difference in the team. A fully fit Howarth will make a mockery of that average and I think we saw enough from Andersen to know we've got a rider on a bargain average. With a bit of luck, we should be fighting at the top this season.

Drew had 7 meetings and will get a first true average after just 1 qualifying away meeting

From those 7 without bonus points his average was 4.65 so he may well go into the top 5 as soon as that 8th meeting takes effect

Must be favourites,  that is a powerful looking team, need to also get a bit of luck and stay injury free, well done .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Amazing team. Title winners if everyone stay's fit and Sheffield don't get hit with injury blow after injury blow. Only one 2.00 rider in the team and he is head and shoulders above the rest.

don't count your chickens.look at glasgow,but must say that barring injuries, this team looks very exciting indeed.

Wow what a great looking team. Brilliant team building. If you can keep Proctor happy in the pits this team will take some stopping.

if King can get back to full fitness then thats fine team the Tigers have put together

The Bates family have copped some flack at times but they have a canny knack of putting good teams together

whatever happens in 19 . it will be an improvement on the 18 team .great looking team, but i dont see any big improvers (maybe kemp) but i can see averages being dropped from other riders . 

but that team should bring back some moaners and newbies to the place . good luck to everyone , but always expect the un expected !

I think the season will revolve around whether Danny King is fit and recovers his form

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Howarth, Andersen & Kemp will all put a point on starting GSA's for sure.

its not all about putting points on riders averages. its about having a injury free season and no rider burn out  .teams from last year hardly gained any advantage from upping their average , Edinburgh ! ..

where as workington hardly put anything on their team total and were treble winners . so its down to good luck and the rub of the green ..

workington had a team of 6.50 riders and a raw talent @ reserve who gained experience of championship racing .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

So we now put down our calculators and the Tigers class of 2109 has been named.

And I have to say that I very impressed as to what the team that the promotion has chosen, and i am confident that we have a team that has the potential to bring on some silverware for next season.

Danny King should be if he is fully over his injury problems ( he assure's he is)  be a very solid number 1 in this league.

Kyle Howarth is a far better rider than his average and should be more than capable of improving on his starting average.

Ty Proctor again should be able to make improvements, our main problem with Ty is keeping him fit.

Kasper Andersen, for me one of the aces in the pack, we saw enough of him last season to suggest that on 5.20 he is a steal of an average, and I would not mind betting that if he had not signed for Sheffield there would have been a host of clubs ready to fit him in their teams.

Broc Nichol show some promise last season, with a full season ahead of him should move forward plenty of experience within the Sheffield pits to give him some advice.

Zaine Kennedy, bit of a unknown quantity, but again he has plenty of experience in the pits to help him along.

Drew Kemp. a rider that due to change in points limit I think every club in Championship when Ipswich announce that they were moving up a league would have put into their side given what he has already achieved and done in his short career. Personally I am really looking forward to watching him develop over the season.  

Roll on April.   

• Like 1

I almost wish I was a Tigers fan just to see Drews first full season

I hope it wont be too long before we see him as a Witch again

Im sure Danny will be fit unless its totally out of his control. There are few with the professional approach he has at league level

• Like 1

An astute bit of team building as, has been said, Kemp has ridden 7 times in the CL so will get a new average after his 1st away meeting I am led to believe. this will give them 2 x 4 pointers in the reserves positions. King has already been diagnosed with a trapped nerve in his arm, which has now been released, so should be back to full fitness for the start of the season. Some riders are not true no 1's & I think this is where Kyle struggled so having him back as a no 5 or 3 will see his snip of an average improve.

very happy with this line up, i think we will be entertained at home this season with these guys, play off spot beckons for us.... but....

we have 3 top heat leaders that will score points home and away,

kasper, who could prove the trump card in this league and add 2 pts onto his average,

then we have 3 guys who we should not heap to much pressure on,

drew - should also add 2 pts maybe upto 3 at least on his average,

broc - showed last season that he can ride, but suffered machine problems after a good start, capable of adding a full point on his starting average.

zaine - most first year aussies return an average of between 4-5,  I would be happy with this figure. 

question is - who will ride at number 2?

personally I would go for broc, if only to allow zaine time to settle in  through the easier reserve berth.

as injuries play a big part in this sport now, if these guys can stay injury free we are in for one hell of a ride come the end of the season.

20 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

very happy with this line up, i think we will be entertained at home this season with these guys, play off spot beckons for us.... but....

we have 3 top heat leaders that will score points home and away,

kasper, who could prove the trump card in this league and add 2 pts onto his average,

then we have 3 guys who we should not heap to much pressure on,

drew - should also add 2 pts maybe upto 3 at least on his average,

broc - showed last season that he can ride, but suffered machine problems after a good start, capable of adding a full point on his starting average.

zaine - most first year aussies return an average of between 4-5,  I would be happy with this figure. 

question is - who will ride at number 2?

personally I would go for broc, if only to allow zaine time to settle in  through the easier reserve berth.

as injuries play a big part in this sport now, if these guys can stay injury free we are in for one hell of a ride come the end of the season.

After 7 meetings for Ipswich, he is already carding a 4.65 average.