British Speedway Forum

wonder when we will get to find out if the pairs is to be run at somerset this season.hope so as i have booked accommodation for four for the event.about time the spa released the fixture news.

Fixtures just released - another abysmal year of fixtures. The management's claim of wanting to attract more kids by racing on Sundays is rather negated by the fact that there will only be three meetings throughout the entire school holidays in July/August.

27 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Fixtures just released - another abysmal year of fixtures. The management's claim of wanting to attract more kids by racing on Sundays is rather negated by the fact that there will only be three meetings throughout the entire school holidays in July/August.

With a start time of Sunday's 4.30 pm as opposed to Thursdays 7.30 pm I don't think that school holidays really matter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

You are at home on the last Sunday in July & at home in 2 of the 1st 3 weeks in August with the other away. The last Sunday is free as all your fixtures are covered unless you progress in the cup competitions where this last Sunday could be used. Most teams & fans would be happy seeing racing 3 out of 4 weeks especially in a shortened fixture list, again, in 2019.

Again, as in most threads, spare a thought for those fans that have lost speedway this last year.  

Yes I was there on Wednesday and very entertaining it was too. First part was mainly Sheffield anecdotes and included Ty Proctor and Kyle Howarth and after the interval it was more about Nigel and Kelvin and their commentating stories from around the SGPs. Kelvin claimed to have beaten Shawn Moran once around Owlerton. Nigel once had a go on a bike at the now defunct training track at Sheffield with Shaun Leigh (the centre green guy at Sheffield) and both didn't fare too well. Nigel broke a finger nail which was enough for him to never go near a bike again !!!

It was well worth the money and was well attended. There was a raffle with some decent prizes and some other merch on sale as well.

• Thanks 1

With the move to Sunday's at 4pm. Where can I find information about the carvery at Sheffield? Price, opening times and booking details for the best tables?

24 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

With the move to Sunday's at 4pm. Where can I find information about the carvery at Sheffield? Price, opening times and booking details for the best tables?

My best suggestion would be to ask Sheffield speedway at office@sheffield-speedway.com  I`m sure that between them and the stadium owners discussions and hopefully agreement has been  put in place regarding the panorama restaurant  Sunday opening.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Reserve your table now by calling Owlerton Stadium on 0114 2343074. (Taken from the Sheffield Speedway Website)

• Thanks 1

Sheffield v Scunthorpe march 31st  6 pm start as per b s p a website. Think it will be because it's Mother's Day and dog meeting will be on !!

5 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Sheffield v Scunthorpe march 31st  6 pm start as per b s p a website. Think it will be because it's Mother's Day and dog meeting will be on !!

Ah Mothers' Day. It's a good job we'll be away on a cruise - I could just imagine what response I'd get if at 5.00pm on Mothers' Day (when 'er indoors expects to be wined and dined) I announced that I'd be off out to t'speedway! Same thing on Easter Sunday (21st April) which also happens to be her ladyship's birthday, so I'll be missing Leicester. Another holiday weekend is Mayday weekend on 5th May (Birmingham on that day). I reckon t'switch to Sunday racing might see me ending up in t'divorce court.

• Like 1