British Speedway Forum

I see Newcastle Diamonds' Steve Worrall and Simon Lambert are down to ride on Sunday. It's also Newcastle's press and practice day at lunchtime on Sunday. Not sure how they can do both. I'm sure the Newcastle promotion would want them to be at Newcastle!!??

10 hours ago, leander said:

I see Newcastle Diamonds' Steve Worrall and Simon Lambert are down to ride on Sunday. It's also Newcastle's press and practice day at lunchtime on Sunday. Not sure how they can do both. I'm sure the Newcastle promotion would want them to be at Newcastle!!??

Didn't they agree to do the Sheffield match before signing for Newcastle?. Also would have thought they would prefer to be earning whilst getting some practice in. 

11 hours ago, RS50 said:

Didn't they agree to do the Sheffield match before signing for Newcastle?. Also would have thought they would prefer to be earning whilst getting some practice in. 

That may be so, but it's not like they signed yesterday. Plenty of time to ask Sheffield if they could get two replacements in the three weeks since they signed. I'd much rather they practised around there 'home' track (especially Lambert) instead of somewhere where they are only going to be there twice at the most. It doesn't look good for the press ( come and meet 3/4 of our team on press day) or their  sponsors ( sorry but your logo's wont be appearing in the local press as I won't be at the press day).

1 hour ago, leander said:

That may be so, but it's not like they signed yesterday. Plenty of time to ask Sheffield if they could get two replacements in the three weeks since they signed. I'd much rather they practised around there 'home' track (especially Lambert) instead of somewhere where they are only going to be there twice at the most. It doesn't look good for the press ( come and meet 3/4 of our team on press day) or their  sponsors ( sorry but your logo's wont be appearing in the local press as I won't be at the press day).

My guess is that both will be at Newcastle.

And I reckon that Josh Bates will replace Worrall and Josh McDonald will replace Lambert.

29 minutes ago, spin king said:

My guess is that both will be at Newcastle.

And I reckon that Josh Bates will replace Worrall and Josh McDonald will replace Lambert.

Apparently, both will be at Sheffield.  Steve W will do the "Press" bit at Newcastle and head off to Sheffield, whilst Simon L has been given permission to miss Newcastle altogether.  Unless you know otherwise.

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Apparently, both will be at Sheffield.  Steve W will do the "Press" bit at Newcastle and head off to Sheffield, whilst Simon L has been given permission to miss Newcastle altogether.  Unless you know otherwise.

No pure guess work to be honest.

First meeting of the season is finally here and we've got a sunny Sunday .Lets hope for an injury free season and a successful one.Looking at the line up it should be a cracking meeting but I'm very surprised that Josh Bates isn't in it.Surely he would have been a better choice than Simon lambert ?? Roll on 4 pm 

It'll be interesting to see how many riders go through the starting tapes today with the introduction of the new rule. It was mayhem last week at Leicester!

Wasn't Josh G lined up to be part of today's celebration? Have I missed something?

23 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Wasn't Josh G lined up to be part of today's celebration? Have I missed something?

Pre-season testing in Poland.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/speedway/sheffield-tigers/sixteen-year-old-sheffield-speedway-ace-braces-himself-for-tough-meeting-at-owlerton-1-9646092

welcome to third rate U.K. speedway . the french are not far behind the U.K. with their 4 (four) teams . pretty soon they will be overtaking us !

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

It'll be interesting to see how many riders go through the starting tapes today with the introduction of the new rule. It was mayhem last week at Leicester!

What's the new rule?

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

What's the new rule?

The starting Marshall signals to the Ref that the riders are line up,then proceeds to walk away ,their will be a slightly longer delay until he clears the back wheels before ref releases the tapes.Its called the Sarjeant rule:D The difference being the ref will put the green light on before the ref walks away whereas before the light was put on after the ref walked away hence a longer delay.

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

The starting Marshall signals to the Ref that the riders are line up,then proceeds to walk away ,their will be a slightly longer delay until he clears the back wheels before ref releases the tapes.Its called the Sarjeant rule:D The difference being the ref will put the green light on before the ref walks away whereas before the light was put on after the ref walked away hence a longer delay.

Back in the day  I would do the odd Starting Marshal spot at Berwick. Used to be when I was satisfied all 4 riders were in place; I would drop my arms to my side wait till green light came on then walk away. There used to be a 30 yard flag as well where if a rider broke down you could push him to that flag to see if he could get under power again. Couldn't do that at Berwick now you would be into the first bend .:D:D