British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

Back in the day  I would do the odd Starting Marshal spot at Berwick. Used to be when I was satisfied all 4 riders were in place; I would drop my arms to my side wait till green light came on then walk away. There used to be a 30 yard flag as well where if a rider broke down you could push him to that flag to see if he could get under power again. Couldn't do that at Berwick now you would be into the first bend .:D:D

Might be a bit of a tight squeeze to get between the bikes nowadays Norman:D:cheers:

• Haha 1

hahahaha cheeky lad

• Haha 2

Lou Charlesworth didn't seem to be in line with the new rule today. He did it the old way (put his arms down and started walking), the ref had to react to him and put the green light on as he started walking. Who cares?

10 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Lou Charlesworth didn't seem to be in line with the new rule today. He did it the old way (put his arms down and started walking), the ref had to react to him and put the green light on as he started walking. Who cares?

Not a surprise,that’s typical with speedway rules.

3 hours ago, Normski said:

Back in the day  I would do the odd Starting Marshal spot at Berwick. Used to be when I was satisfied all 4 riders were in place; I would drop my arms to my side wait till green light came on then walk away. There used to be a 30 yard flag as well where if a rider broke down you could push him to that flag to see if he could get under power again. Couldn't do that at Berwick now you would be into the first bend .:D:D

Back in the day at berwick the green light was only their to let the home men go, gifford jones meldrum and the templetons were at the first corner before the comets had set off ! There used to be a clip on youtube from 1975 check it out 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The starting Marshall signals to the Ref that the riders are line up,then proceeds to walk away ,their will be a slightly longer delay until he clears the back wheels before ref releases the tapes.Its called the Sarjeant rule:D The difference being the ref will put the green light on before the ref walks away whereas before the light was put on after the ref walked away hence a longer delay.

Ahh...the smell of burning clutches ;)

• Like 2

Glad to see a good crowd yesterday for an event well promoted by our promotors.While it was good to get the season started I think the track wasn't conducive for good racing. When our riders went out for some dirt they went backwards.It looked like it needed more shale on to provide a better dirt line.We also had the blue groove on the bends which we've not seen for a while. I hope we going to get a better surface for our lads because yesterday was a bit processional and our lads are a team of racers not gaters .

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Why is Sunday at 6pm, thought Sheffield was 4pm this season?

Greyhound racing earlier in the day. 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:07 PM, Cliffeboy said:

Careful Tigers bigging  up young Kemp by too much. Already saying he can put 2 maybe 3 on his average. Different class of rider at this level. 

Still thinking this Cliff? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Still thinking this Cliff? :)

Thought you might have kept his post in your back pocket for the appropriate time  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1