British Speedway Forum

Sheffield have built teams on the last couple of seasons on gambles and lost however its exactly how leagues are also won. There was never a chance that King & Howarth would hit big enough every week to carry the side so its into the gamble riders. Proctor is hot and cold (head and riding), 3 x assessed riders doing alright but not setting the world alight and Kemp, one of the brightest talents in British speedway being flogged hard in the main team in his first Champ level season. The major issue with the Tigers side is that confidence throughout is lower than it needs to be.

16 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Adrian it is the same with majority of the teams and I put it down to the stupid team building averages and the inclusion of two point reserves who in all honesty are not up to the standard.
Over the years the standard of the sport has been diluted supposedly to save money but inversely I bet admission charges have gone up.

Don't forget that nobody was forced to include 2.00 riders into their sides. Promotors chose this route to include a bigger hitting top 5, although why this on the Sheffield thread who were a team who bucked that trend im not sure? Even if it was still 3 pointers many would still be in teams as promotions love to gamble on the next big thing.

Josh MacDonald replaces Kasper Andersen

No idea, just saw it on Facebook, there wasn't much in the way of detail.

sure josh comes in on 4.00 . he has a British/English connection . 

THJ is your man for info .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, Col said:

Josh MacDonald replaces Kasper Andersen

I feel very sad for Kasper - dropped by both his teams. He showed at the end of last season what he's capable of, but just hasn't managed to reproduce it in 2019. Hope he gets fixed up somewhere soon. Maybe a spell back in Denmark will help him restore his confidence. 

• Like 1

Does josh start at reserve tomorrow ? We now have 3 riders on 4 point assessed averages.Have Broc and Zaine rode enough meetings for a proper average.It used to be 4 home 4 away is that still the case or does it depend on which club you are ? Or Rob godfreys discresion ?

50 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Does josh start at reserve tomorrow ? We now have 3 riders on 4 point assessed averages.Have Broc and Zaine rode enough meetings for a proper average.It used to be 4 home 4 away is that still the case or does it depend on which club you are ? Or Rob godfreys discresion ?

1 out of 10 for English.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you.What don't you understand about the post ? We started the season with Broc and Zaine on 4 point assessed averages.Josh comes in tomorrow on assessed 4 point average.The question I asked was are Broc and Zaine still on their assessed average. .Have they got to race 4 home and 4 away in the league or is it a mixture of shield,cup and league meetings ? Some teams manipulate the rules on riders averages .I mentioned Rob Godfrey because he's the chief at the b.s.p.a. Hope you now understand my English

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

1 out of 10 for English.:rolleyes:

looks okay  t me  matey . 

Thought it was quite straight forward question to ask as with speedway there are that many sub section rules open to mis interpretation.I only wanted to know if josh would be at reserve or in the main body of the team for tomorrow.Oh well as they say you can't educate pork !!!

discretion
/dɪˈskrɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offence or revealing confidential information.
    "she knew she could rely on his discretion"
    synonyms: circumspection, care, carefulness, caution, wariness, chariness, guardedness; More

2. 2.
    the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.
    "local authorities should use their discretion in setting the charges"

your spelling is being called into question, not your views 

52 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Thought it was quite straight forward question to ask as with speedway there are that many sub section rules open to mis interpretation.I only wanted to know if josh would be at reserve or in the main body of the team for tomorrow.Oh well as they say you can't educate pork !!!

There been D icks because you made a slight jibe towards Bob Godfrey . I cant comment because last time i told a true story about him ,i got banned for a month .He is a horrible human.

• Like 2