British Speedway Forum

On 6/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

There been D icks because you made a slight jibe towards Bob Godfrey . I cant comment because last time i told a true story about him ,i got banned for a month .He is a horrible human.

I was agreeing with that post until I got to the last word. Neanderthal would be more accurate. 

Not a total surprise about sale. Heard a rumour to this effect some weeks ago. Would be interesting to know how Sunday crowds compare to Thursday's. 

It not the same sunday as thursday but the rot started when they bought leicester . Score board went then starting gantry all at leicester then we let them win playoff  i just hope sheffield survives

The other difference between Leicester and Sheffield is that Leicester fans support the team through the difficult times where as some Sheffield fans are only interested in winning and if they lose a meeting then stay away and criticise from home 

You just have to look to Sunday Leicester fans brought Josh Bates a new helmet after his recent crash and also always get very large 50/50 draws 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, flagrag said:

The other difference between Leicester and Sheffield is that Leicester fans support the team through the difficult times where as some Sheffield fans are only interested in winning and if they lose a meeting then stay away and criticise from home 

You just have to look to Sunday Leicester fans brought Josh Bates a new helmet after his recent crash and also always get very large 50/50 draws 

I will be at  next home match and i will be at scunny on friday to support the tigers to the end if the worst happens i would never support anybody the same as now . Maybe go to odd scunny match

1 hour ago, Adrian Brownell said:

It not the same sunday as thursday but the rot started when they bought leicester . Score board went then starting gantry all at leicester then we let them win playoff  i just hope sheffield survives

What a total & utter b****it post.

The scoreboard at Leicester is an old scoreboard that doesn’t even work. & if i am not mistaken there is a scoreboard at Sheffield on the back-straight ?

The gantry would still be at Sheffield now but the stadium insisted it had to come down when Sheffield got extra dog meetings. So they had a choice bring it to Leicester or scrap it ? 

It’s post like these from uninformed people that post things to suit their agenda  that drive fellow supporters & promotors away. well it appears those who would criticise if they didn't score more then 50 points & don’t attend if they lose  & all round criticise the family that saved your club, talk about biting the hand that feeds you. To the Sheffield group of fans that told me last Sunday the club is better off without the Bates    You may have your wish now because it looks like The Bates are going god help the next person who comes in & have to run it as a business instead of for the love of it like Marc, Damien & Paul do. 

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 3

Personally I am glad the starting gate gantry went. Spoiled the view of rider's at tapes. 

• Like 1

Seems everybody likes to have a poke at the bates family, they have worked hard to run the Sheffield team and won things along the way namely the league championship in 2017 or has that been forgotten now I don't think leicster is there main objective as thy are all tigers fans. What we need to do is give credit for what they have done over the last six years after Neil decided for reasons like the bates family to sell up. The supporters at Sheffield don't see anything but trouncing the opposition every week if that don't happen moan moan moan  I think that we should get behind the team and promotion instead of criticising everything.. Has anyone thought why an exciting and and entertaining rider like Josh Bates {who has been missed so much} left. It is all the negataivity from the so called fans

• Like 6

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

how large were the 50/50 draws ?

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

how large were the 50/50 draws ?

At the start of the season it was a prize money was a straight £500.

The lat couple of meetings it revert back to 50/50 and it was around £250.  

• Thanks 1

the fifty /fifty was replaced by the £500 draw to help raise funds but as usual the Sheffield supporters would not buy tickets, so it was reverted back to the 50/50 as the club could not stand the losses

1 hour ago, spin king said:

At the start of the season it was a prize money was a straight £500.

The lat couple of meetings it revert back to 50/50 and it was around £250.  

Think Flagrag was referring to the Leicester 50/50 draw, not Sheffield. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Good luck guys hope you find someone or people to keep you going 

• Like 1

Not totally surprised with the decision as rumours started before the season started.I will be  dissapointed if we do close down but I can't see anybody been interested in buying a speedway club in this current climate unless somebody buys it to run elite league on a Thursday especially with the new facilities been ready for next season.Thanks to the Bates family we have had continual speedway for last 6 years and won some trophies.They have worked very hard and deserved more support but as with most clubs crowds are down.Speedway in general is dying thanks mainly to promotors running it for their own needs and I think if it survives another 5 years it will be remarkable.Good luck to the promotion with the sale but I won't be holding my breath for someone to come in.