British Speedway Forum

Not sure these changes will get Sheffield in the playoffs , Sedgemen ...Really ?? Like ArnieG has said are these changes to help Leicester's cause in their bid for the Title :blink: 

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Not sure these changes will get Sheffield in the playoffs , Sedgemen ...Really ?? Like ArnieG has said are these changes to help Leicester's cause in their bid for the Title :blink: 

One club is up for sale, the other isn't. I think there's an obvious answer to that question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

One club is up for sale, the other isn't. I think there's an obvious answer to that question.

Yep, you can see which team is being looked after , bit of a kick in the teeth for Sheffield fans though :unsure:

20 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Both clubs are actually up for sale I believe!

Also by my reckoning, if Ty was announced today then he could replace Bates with no reshuffle.

Tomorrow is average goes above Bates'

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If that happens regarding Proctors move its all getting a bit farcical. IMO 

Desperate though Sedgmen will keep the wage bill down.

very strange very very strange

Sedgeman not ridden for months Kurtz binned off by Somerset out of form.

Proctor has been smashing in better scores and form in both Leagues for past few weeks.

Leicester in Shield Final look sure to be in Play Offs need rider whose average Proctor best fits.

"Robbing Peter to pay Paul" or "robbing one Bates to pay another Bates".

IF Proctor ends up at Leicester it will bring Sport in to further disrepute and ridicule.

No doubt one for the Management Committee to look in to  :unsure:

Oh hang on....."Bates and Bates and Godfrey :o 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Proctor has been smashing in better scores and form in both Leagues for past few weeks.

Leicester in Shield Final look sure to be in Play Offs need rider whose average Proctor best fits.

IF Proctor ends up at Leicester it will bring Sport in to further disrepute and ridicule.

“Best interests of the sport rule” coming into play again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

what exactly has the management committe got to do with that? can the actually stop the move when no actual rules have been broken?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, montie said:

what exactly has the management committe got to do with that? can the actually stop the move when no actual rules have been broken?

In theory yes they can, as all team declarations are subject to approval as being ‘in the best interests of the sport’.....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Only one Bates on the MC I believe - Messrs Chapman, Godfrey, Damian Bates, Pratt and Machin, with Chris Louis as reserve member.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Kurtz rode like a trooper and scored 10 points for Somerset when they visited Owlerton 4 weeks ago and Sedgmen was kingpin in the Birmingham team that demolished us 117- 61 over two legs in the KO Cup in 2010.

Sounds like a fair swap for one rider who's struggled all season and another who's back in the States having his shoulder mended.

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Kurtz rode like a trooper and scored 10 points for Somerset when they visited Owlerton 4 weeks ago and Sedgmen was kingpin in the Birmingham team that demolished us 117- 61 over two legs in the KO Cup in 2010.

Sounds like a fair swap for one rider who's struggled all season and another who's back in the States having his shoulder mended.

Do us a favour with the Sedgmen comparison from almost a decade ago. This is the guy who Ipswich couldnt get rid of in 2017, missed all of 2018 and if he hadnt of been injured early in 2019 wouldve been clubless far longer. 

• Like 1

If sedgeman bangs in big points and we get to the play offs I will be more than happy but in all honesty I can't see it happening .When was the last time he was in the big points consistently.I personally think it makes us weaker.Todd is limited away from home  but ok round Sheffield and sedgeman didn't score too many on his travels with edinboro.We are going to need our reserves to step up and top 2 to be on top form every meeting.

28 minutes ago, MD said:

Do us a favour with the Sedgmen comparison from almost a decade ago. This is the guy who Ipswich couldnt get rid of in 2017, missed all of 2018 and if he hadnt of been injured early in 2019 wouldve been clubless far longer. 

Should be well-rested then!:lol: