British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

In theory yes they can, as all team declarations are subject to approval as being ‘in the best interests of the sport’.....

indeed, but on what grounds?,the Bates family own both clubs and are free to do what they wish to their teams as long as in withinn the rules of team building,i fail to see what  the MC can actually do about it

wether team changes are right or wrong,remains to be seen,but  changes are the Bates family`s call,if that what they think is in the best interest of the two clubs they own[at considerable personnal cost] then that is their business,not the MC`s

and for the record,If i was a Lions fan id be quite happy!!

Absolute farce, no point in watching the last few matches at Sheffield now, this has made us much weaker so Sheffield have given up on the playoffs.

quite ironic that we lose proctor to replace the rider who caused Nichols to be on the injured list in the first place

Hope the changes work out. However, have replaced Proctor when he seems to be in the best form so far this season. Replaced Nicol, but from August Proctor would have been able to take one of his R/R rides so would have been stronger there. Kurtz rode well against us but his average is down on last year. Sedgeman not raced too much recently.

11 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Hope the changes work out. However, have replaced Proctor when he seems to be in the best form so far this season. Replaced Nicol, but from August Proctor would have been able to take one of his R/R rides so would have been stronger there. Kurtz rode well against us but his average is down on last year. Sedgeman not raced too much recently.

The changes will work out for Leicester, not Sheffield, shows where the priorities lie

9 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

The changes will work out for Leicester, not Sheffield, shows where the priorities lie

will wait for Danny King to move to Leicester for the Play Offs and Shield Finals if Sheffield are out of Play Off contention.

If I was a Sheffield fan I'd be hopping mad.

Stinks!

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

will wait for Danny King to move to Leicester for the Play Offs and Shield Finals if Sheffield are out of Play Off contention.

If I was a Sheffield fan I'd be hopping mad.

Stinks!

Be interesting to see how many turn up for Sheffield's next home match. Wonder if a buyer has already been lined up for Sheffield Speedway. 

I'm confused. You need 3 days to redeclare a team.

Somerset must have redeclared on 28/07 at the earliest (only found out on 27/07 that Atkins wanted out).

So Sheffield have managed to redeclare, and then Leicester all before 31/07?!

9 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Somerset must have redeclared on 28/07 at the earliest (only found out on 27/07 that Atkins wanted out).

“Best interest of the Sport”;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Must be that Teams are re-declaring but not announcing until day or 2 days before.

Who is next I wonder?

I'd have a wager on Glasgow or Newcastle, not many left who haven't made changes in last week / 10 days.

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Must be that Teams are re-declaring but not announcing until day or 2 days before.

Who is next I wonder?

I'd have a wager on Glasgow or Newcastle, not many left who haven't made changes in last week / 10 days.

But Somerset didn't even know until the 27rh that Atkins wanted to leave. It's impossible for all these changes to have happened unless you can redeclare a team and include a rider that's in someone else's current team

Just now, Marshall07 said:

But Somerset didn't even know until the 27rh that Atkins wanted to leave. It's impossible for all these changes to have happened unless you can redeclare a team and include a rider that's in someone else's current team

Your making a basic mistake. All these decisions will have been made at least by last weekend. And in your case better pr to say 2 riders have quit and we've had to let one go than say we've sacked 3 so we can get Nick in. Note that the one they sacked was able to find a new track within hours. Again good pr, at least the rider can still earn money etc. More importantly glad the changes worked for you last night:rolleyes:. Hope our change works for us tomorrow against Redcar. 

Glad the Redcar v Sheffield match was rained off this week, would rather race against a team with Sedgmen/Kurtz than Proctor/R/R.

now.conundrum time.do i take myself and the good wife off to see the tigers at leicester,pay £40 quid of my hard earned to see a team, although glad todds back, get hammered and see our former rider rub it in a bit more, or go to the eddie wright raceway and see a much closer meeting with closer racing, the bonus of seeing jensen again after last week, eat some nice scran and be home at a decent time.mmmm.what do you think fellow fans?

8 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

now.conundrum time.do i take myself and the good wife off to see the tigers at leicester,pay £40 quid of my hard earned to see a team, although glad todds back, get hammered and see our former rider rub it in a bit more, or go to the eddie wright raceway and see a much closer meeting with closer racing, the bonus of seeing jensen again after last week, eat some nice scran and be home at a decent time.mmmm.what do you think fellow fans?

Would you rather give your money to the Bates family or Rob Godfrey? Another conundrum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

too true and really i should be supporting my team but events of the past couple of days has left a slightly bitter taste.ty proctor has said that he feels like he was hounded a little but that the club would be better off as they are now instead of r/r and himself.not so sure i agree with that.

9 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Would you rather give your money to the Bates family or Rob Godfrey? Another conundrum.