British Speedway Forum

Just now, Moranboys said:

too true and really i should be supporting my team but events of the past couple of days has left a slightly bitter taste.ty proctor has said that he feels like he was hounded a little but that the club would be better off as they are now instead of r/r and himself.not so sure i agree with that.

not the hounding part.the other.

Hmm so Proctor signs of Leicester as predicted. Something strange going off here. As a Sheffield fan I am pretty annoyed to be honest, as I imagine many other Tigers fans are too...

15 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'm confused. You need 3 days to redeclare a team.

Somerset must have redeclared on 28/07 at the earliest (only found out on 27/07 that Atkins wanted out).

So Sheffield have managed to redeclare, and then Leicester all before 31/07?!

You don’t need 3 days to redeclare ??? It takes 3 days for the declaration to come into effect, so Somerset sack Kurtz on Tueday  , Sheffield can offer a deal the same day if they like but he can’t ride for 3 days.

There has been the odd occasion where a rider has been dropped but has to ride another match for the club because the redeclaration doesn’t come into effect for 3 days. In fact I think Bjerre may have had to do it at Sheffield last year. 

As long as the paperwork reaches BSPA headquarters but 11:59pm on 31/7/19 the changes are done on July averages which is why Leicester can announce Proctor on 1/8/19

4 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

You don’t need 3 days to redeclare ??? It takes 3 days for the declaration to come into effect, so Somerset sack Kurtz on Tueday  , Sheffield can offer a deal the same day if they like but he can’t ride for 3 days.

There has been the odd occasion where a rider has been dropped but has to ride another match for the club because the redeclaration doesn’t come into effect for 3 days. In fact I think Bjerre may have had to do it at Sheffield last year. 

As long as the paperwork reaches BSPA headquarters but 11:59pm on 31/7/19 the changes are done on July averages which is why Leicester can announce Proctor on 1/8/19

A declaration should be at the BSPA office  no later than 28th July to be effective on 31st July.

10 minutes ago, DAVEK said:

OK - So if we had kept Proctor, who could we have signed to replace Nichol?

Why not keep R/R for him. With new averages meaning Proctor eligible for 1 ride would have been stronger than before. 

1 hour ago, DAVEK said:

OK - So if we had kept Proctor, who could we have signed to replace Nichol?

At least with Proctor we had three potential heat leaders three reserves and RR as a second string

now we have two heat leaders, one second string and four reserves

so we are weaker, but that doesn't matter because Leicester are stronger

• Like 2

its not good when something like this happens . one club being robbed of its team for the glory hunters of certain promoters .

but sheff fans will have to support their team and keep sheff in the speedway circles of the uk .

59 minutes ago, jenga said:

its not good when something like this happens . one club being robbed of its team for the glory hunters of certain promoters .

but sheff fans will have to support their team and keep sheff in the speedway circles of the uk .

long way to Leicester to support part of our team though

2 hours ago, jenga said:

Don't have to support the team. Would not be surprised if attendance down at our next home match. Can't help but wonder if a buyer is lined up. 

12 hours ago, DAVEK said:

OK - So if we had kept Proctor, who could we have signed to replace Nichol?

Could've dropped Nicol and MacDonald and brought in Kurtz and Smith.

4 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Could've dropped Nicol and MacDonald and brought in Kurtz and Smith.

are you mad ? dropping chunk !

I am amazed in this day and age that there are several interested parties.

Could we be returning back to Thursday nights speedway and joining the Buster Chapman League.

I suppose we will find out in coming weeks. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, spin king said:

I am amazed in this day and age that there are several interested parties.

Could we be returning back to Thursday nights speedway and joining the Buster Chapman League.

I suppose we will find out in coming weeks. 

Only if Buster is buying, which isnt unlikely after recent times!