British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, spin king said:

I am amazed in this day and age that there are several interested parties.

Could we be returning back to Thursday nights speedway and joining the Buster Chapman League.

I suppose we will find out in coming weeks. 

Think the structure of Speedway maybe different next season, they have to rethink it and quick.

Heard we are losing quite a bit of money running on a Sunday as the crowds are down compared to Thursdays, It started off well at start of season but third and fourth bend now look like they did when first bend was open which is definitely not a good sign.

What will be will be I guess, As long as we are still running then I am happy.

Edited by AJK86

On 7/31/2019 at 4:19 PM, montie said:

indeed, but on what grounds?,the Bates family own both clubs and are free to do what they wish to their teams as long as in withinn the rules of team building,i fail to see what  the MC can actually do about it

wether team changes are right or wrong,remains to be seen,but  changes are the Bates family`s call,if that what they think is in the best interest of the two clubs they own[at considerable personnal cost] then that is their business,not the MC`s

and for the record,If i was a Lions fan id be quite happy!!

I would question whether some of the team changes made at Leicester in 2018, especially towards the end of the season and which had the outcome of the team plummeting to the bottom of the league, were "in the best interests of the sport"

Putting pressure on an interested party would seem more likely.

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

Dear oh dear, what a way to run a business, put a Mickey Mouse story out saying plenty of offers was bound to cause speculation then to have to publicly issue any sort of denial is a shot in both feet. Don't be surprised if the next rumour isn't speculation that the club may close because there is no buyer!!!! It's more than likely the club will lose less money if it runs in the Premiership and switches back to Thursdays, particularly with a bit of TV money swishing about.

• Like 2

Someone is hacking the Sheffield news feed. :o

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Someone is hacking the Sheffield news feed. :o

we will wait for the announcement that Mr M Bates and Mr D Bates have announced the sale of the Club to Master M Bates and Ms M Bates (no relation).

no doubt that the sale of Sheffield Speedway will comply perfectly with and ideally suited to whatever structure the Management Committee come up with for 2020, anyone would think they had "inside information".  

I think that people need to actually read through both statements.

The initial statement said that there was several interest parties had registered an interest, not that the club was ready to be sold plain and simply interested parties had shown an interested.

The only other thing that said was those who were showing an interested  would be asked to take the next step and hopefully buyer would be in place in a couple of weeks, nothing was promised definitely.

The second statement is telling people that the club has not been sold yet.

People especially those supporting need to but out and read the statements before making comments. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spin king said:

I think that people need to actually read through both statements.

The initial statement said that there was several interest parties had registered an interest, not that the club was ready to be sold plain and simply interested parties had shown an interested.

The only other thing that said was those who were showing an interested  would be asked to take the next step and hopefully buyer would be in place in a couple of weeks, nothing was promised definitely.

The second statement is telling people that the club has not been sold yet.

People especially those supporting need to but out and read the statements before making comments. 

You are assuming of course that the first statement is allegedly the truth and not a hook.

36 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

You are assuming of course that the first statement is allegedly the truth and not a hook.

I assume nothing.

I am merely pointing out what both statements say.

The original statement stated that  there had been several interested parties, that tells me that there is nothing to say that any of these interested parties will take up the offer and we could still see the club fold if the said parties don't follow up on their interest, and in coming weeks the club would be contacting all the interested parties to see whether they would be making an offer to buy the club.

The second statement states that contrary to rumours circulating the stadium on Sunday that the club had already been sold were not true, and as yet nobody had come in with an actual offer.  

I would imagine that it is the best interests of everyone connected with Sheffield Speedway that the club stays fans have a team to support and the present Promotion to re-coup some of the money they have put into the club.

But as far as I am concern nobody has made any promises and as far as I am concerned this season could well be the end of my speedway team, and to be truthful as I have said before I am amazed that anyone has shown an passing interest in running a speedway team.  

12 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Anyone know why Howarth was missing for Wolves last night?

Stretched his leg ligaments in his last ride last Sunday but hopes to be back this Sunday.

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

Stretched his leg ligaments in his last ride last Sunday but hopes to be back this Sunday.

Thanks

On 8/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, spin king said:

I assume nothing.

I am merely pointing out what both statements say.

The original statement stated that  there had been several interested parties, that tells me that there is nothing to say that any of these interested parties will take up the offer and we could still see the club fold if the said parties don't follow up on their interest, and in coming weeks the club would be contacting all the interested parties to see whether they would be making an offer to buy the club.

The second statement states that contrary to rumours circulating the stadium on Sunday that the club had already been sold were not true, and as yet nobody had come in with an actual offer.  

I would imagine that it is the best interests of everyone connected with Sheffield Speedway that the club stays fans have a team to support and the present Promotion to re-coup some of the money they have put into the club.

But as far as I am concern nobody has made any promises and as far as I am concerned this season could well be the end of my speedway team, and to be truthful as I have said before I am amazed that anyone has shown an passing interest in running a speedway team.  

Possible alternative version:

"The only reasonable offer made so far, has come from a Mr K.Chapman of Norfolk, so please, please, if anyone has some spare cash and wants to prevent him from buying Sheffield speedway, get a move on otherwise we won't have any choice but to sell to him."

• Like 1