Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Yes the two Aussies Broc  and King for me as a start, with maybe Kurtz

agree with two aussies.broc and todd but as much as i like danny,we really do need an out and out number 1 in the josh g mould.who would be available within the points limit, well,not sure

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yorkshiretyke said:

Mentioned about this very scenario last week (previous page) when I heard Broc was nearing fitness.

Personally; I would have replaced Kennedy rather than Kemp as up to the previous match at Somerset; Kennedy has struggled more away from home; and he has been at reserve the majority of the season.

If Nicol picks up where he left off; then the change is a no brainer, especially with the remaining tracks we need to visit. Would have thought Kemp would score better at Edinburgh and Eastbourne than Kennedy.

Sorry to see Kemp go and hope he gets fixed up very soon. 

Really disappointed with the Drew Kemp decision Simon Stead who i have always liked and admired has gone down a tad in my estimation.Simon has been there started out as a young rider he really should of understood that Drew needed to be persevered with.This season Drew and young Anders Rowe at Somerset should of been at reserve all season no time at all in the top five.Both teams have built wrong teams and often young Brits are being punished for it is winning at any cost really worth it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really disappointed with the Drew Kemp decision Simon Stead who i have always liked and admired has gone down a tad in my estimation.Simon has been there started out as a young rider he really should of understood that Drew needed to be persevered with.This season Drew and young Anders Rowe at Somerset should of been at reserve all season no time at all in the top five.Both teams have built wrong teams and often young Brits are being punished for it is winning at any cost really worth it.

Whatever made you think this was anything to do with Simon? 

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

agree with two aussies.broc and todd but as much as i like danny,we really do need an out and out number 1 in the josh g mould.who would be available within the points limit, well,not sure

Danny King has the second highest average in the league behind Cookie, but yet you want an out and out number 1? He’s on over 9?

• Like 3

Guest Loose Diamond
50 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That's the name of game now. Win at all costs. Glasgow, Somerset, Edinburgh, now Sheffield. All going for the prestige of winning. Anyone remember Workington??

9 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

That's the name of game now. Win at all costs. Glasgow, Somerset, Edinburgh, now Sheffield. All going for the prestige of winning. Anyone remember Workington??

I think they call it being proactive rather than reactive.

Anyway if you don't set out to win a competition you enter what is the point of entering.

10 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Redcar will do the lot of you in the play offs . dont think sheff will gain a top 4 place . 

Guest Loose Diamond
12 minutes ago, jenga said:

Redcar will do the lot of you in the play offs . dont think sheff will gain a top 4 place . 

Oh! Sorry forgot about them! Yep they could be in with a canny chance.

Guest Loose Diamond
15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I think they call it being proactive rather than reactive.

Anyway if you don't set out to win a competition you enter what is the point of entering.

Fair point.

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Well that went well

Must be more than meets the eye here, one home meeting and three away, really cant see the point.

Hope Drew gets a team place to complete the season in the Championship.

I suppose at least it gives him the time to get fixed up before the deadline

Get him to Newcastle. We will have him. But probably cannot fit him in!?

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

I'm sorry , but when you enter a competition surely you want to try your best to try and win it . I dont get this argument when a team shows a wee bit of ambition the " win at all cost " accusation comes out . I really don't understand that way of thinking . 

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

as much as I like to see british riders with team spots, I can see the reasons for this change.

ok, the play offs have all but passed us by, so maybe with the tracks left to visit, this change gives us a better chance I reckon, broc is our asset so why not use our own riders,

as he wasn't our own rider, we were only helping drews experience as a rider for Ipswich.

to mention dropping macdonald or kennedy instead is utter rubbish as they are our own riders, I would imagine these 2 along with broc will form the basis of the side next season,

yes its a bit harsh on drew, but that is professional sport. 

Speedway a professional sport?? Hahaha. Not the way the Authorities run it!

Riders can't stay at reserve if they score too much..... Unless we have a progressive league that promotes youngsters like Poland..

While there is still a chance to make the Play Offs, and the opportunity arises that you can strengthen your teams chances then  you should take that opportunity.

And as things stand with the remaining fixtures that we have left I think that Nicol for Kemp gives us that extra bite away from home.

This season taking away the heatleaders in the team Nicol has been our best rider away from home this season, and with 3 of the 4 remaining fixtures away from home it has been a very tough decision but one that we had to really make bringing in a rider who has rode well away from home at reserve.

Also not forgetting the club is up for sale and the higher up the table the team finishes could be the difference on whether or not potential buyers will buy the club.

Onto Drew Kemp personally I think the lad is credit to himself, his family and the team around him, in a season where we have seen younger riders retire or take a break from the sport Drew has kept plugging away and his determination to carry on this season deserves loads of credit.

But this is sport and winning plays a big part and business is business.