British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

any news on wether a buyer has been found yet?

what would any buyer be buying ?

All the rumours that Ian Hunter of Sheffield Window Center was buying the club are un true also I have been told there is interest from other parties so we will have to wait and see, maybe an announcement will be maid after the last official fixture on Wednesday

1 hour ago, jenga said:

what would any buyer be buying ?

The promotion rights and the assets I guess...

Meant to be Kyle, but if he isn’t fit, you would guess that they would go with Todd given he used to ride there... or Broc if we can get away with it!

I note that following the sale of Stoke Speedway Stadium and the end of an era at Loomer Road, the Stoke management have announced that Stoke will be relocating its 2020 fixtures to Sheffield as part of an overall planned 11 date season.

Assuming Sheffield runs again in 2020 in either PL or CL, this might mean we actually see MORE speedway at Owlerton rather than the year-on-year reduction of meetings we've become accustomed to.

Not sure how I feel about having two teams to support but I guess it does mean that we'll see a return to Thursday night racing in one league or another.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

It's the Stock Cars (Startrax) that are moving more fixtures from Loomer Road to Owlerton.

Crikey.that means the track would be worse than ever if more stocks meetings happen.

Speedway, if it happens next year, must not be running on a Sunday next year then?

Edited by Hel'n'Back

1 hour ago, Hel'n'Back said:

Speedway, if it happens next year, must not be running on a Sunday next year then?

If so, maybe Buxton could return?

If we have speedway next season it will be Wednesday in championship or Thursday if we sell and go premier league I would expect.