British Speedway Forum

On 8/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, 4thbender said:

The one that's slipped in under the radar is last week's "desperation" signing Kasper Andersen. He might turn out to be Sheffield's "find" of the season and well worth a spot at no.6 for 2019. 

After his 13 at Edinburgh, he's shown he could prove to be the one who gives Sheffield some firepower at reserve on some of the dodgier away tracks. The irony is that he's the diagonal opposite of the one he was brought in to replace. Lasse was dynamite at home but couldn't score away. This lad is may be the one who'll score mightily away but be hopeless around Owlerton…. but he's still learning and who knows what he might grow into?

While you could well be right I’d suggest that one match at home and one away probably doesn’t offer enough evidence either way. Would be great if Sheffield saw enough in Kasper to have him back next year.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

While you could well be right I’d suggest that one match at home and one away probably doesn’t offer enough evidence either way. Would be great if Sheffield saw enough in Kasper to have him back next year.

He does still have matches at Redcar, Scunny and Peterborough to prove himself. If he can manage to get close to matching his Edinburgh performance in one or two of those he should be nailed on for another go next year. Daft as it sounds, he could turn out to be this season's greatest "find".

• Like 1

Although it shows as TBA on the fixtures on the official website, we've raced the match at Peterborough. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

Although it shows as TBA on the fixtures on the official website, we've raced the match at Peterborough. 

Ooooh! So we did. Just two left then.

3 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Didn't he produce Ben Hur?

not too sure . you need to go and search him out , make sure its the j.r. of the name .

has done lots of voiceovers for films and stuff .

it was just one of those names i got into my head and still use it today when i get poor callers on the phone .   :P

1 hour ago, jenga said:

not too sure . you need to go and search him out , make sure its the j.r. of the name .

has done lots of voiceovers for films and stuff .

it was just one of those names i got into my head and still use it today when i get poor callers on the phone .   :P

Ephraim Zimbalist Jr. was an American actor known for his starring roles in the television series 77 Sunset Strip and The F.B.I. He is also known as recurring character "Dandy Jim Buckley" in the series Maverick and as the voice behind the character Alfred Pennyworth in Batman: The Animated Series and associated spin-offs.

Meanwhile, Ben Hur (1959) starred Charlton Heston, Stephen Boyd, Jack Hawkins and Haya Harareet. was directed by William Wyler and produced by SAM ZIMBALIST (I knew there was a Zimbalist connection).

i remember watching episodes of sunset strip and other things he was in . think i was still in the womb ! lol 

didnt dig that far to see the ben hur connection ......  black n white tv. whatever next ?

49 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

Zaine Kennedy is the first signing for 2019.

Whats his status regarding a work permit?

1 hour ago, MD said:

Whats his status regarding a work permit?

australian speedway riders dont work , they come to enjoy themselves and live out of  other peoples pockets . .lol 

Think he's got Hungarian parentage or something so doesn't need to qualify thro state championships.At least they come to race / work not like some foreigners who just come for benefits.

Edited by Charlieboy
Add to post
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Think he's got Hungarian parentage or something so doesn't need to qualify thro state championships.At least they come to race / work not like some foreigners who just come for benefits.

Are you sure it's not Granville you've signed.

• Haha 3

Best kept secret is out,looks a promising signing,hope Josh packs in Poland and comes back as number 1 along side Kyle.Might be tempted to get Kasper back too.