British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Well after today's meeting does anybody think changes are imminent ? Out of the shield and more or less out of the cup.Only the league to go for.I feel we have a team of racers and a track that suits gaters.One race win each for the heat leaders is nowhere near good enough.We are not clicking as a team and after last season we can't afford to finish bottom again.The promotors have done a great job but it's not happening on track.To make changes we have to obviously drop someone and with it being a numbers game we've got to drop sufficient points to make a decent change. To get someone like Dan Bewley in we may have to look at letting Ty go but it's probably Kasper who isn't doing as expected.Its a bit of a conundrum but unless we get an improvement all round the season will be over early again.This is not singling out Kasper as all the team should be doing better than they are.Any thoughts ?? 

It's a question of who? I think Kemp and Kennedy aside, they've not done what's been expected. Kasper in particular has been incredibly disappointing and we're in a position where Drew in a position where he shouldn't be and that's not fair on him. I'd say absolutely, Andersen needs to go, but I really can't think of anyone to replace him with. You can pretty much rule out anyone in the prem as with the conversion now we can't really fit anyone in.

You already have one American in Broc Nicol why not go for Luke Becker and have another.

1 minute ago, screm said:

You already have one American in Broc Nicol why not go for Luke Becker and have another.

He rides Poland.

The big change needed is the track, if that doesn't change the stadium may well be empty in the summer when people go out on a Sunday and cant be bothered to rush back to be bored.

the only two riders I wouldn't swap at the moment are Kemp and Kennedy, although that may be harsh on some of them who cant gate and because of the track cant pass

But Nichol, Andersen and Proctor are definitely underperforming at the moment.

Anyway will have to have a hard think about whether or not to bother again until someone tells me the track has improved  

Just now, spin king junior said:

He rides Poland.

That could be Sheffield`s problem if they are to make a change. Kyle Newman ?.

13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

The big change needed is the track, if that doesn't change the stadium may well be empty in the summer when people go out on a Sunday and cant be bothered to rush back to be bored.

the only two riders I wouldn't swap at the moment are Kemp and Kennedy, although that may be harsh on some of them who cant gate and because of the track cant pass

But Nichol, Andersen and Proctor are definitely underperforming at the moment.

Anyway will have to have a hard think about whether or not to bother again until someone tells me the track has improved  

I’m sorry but how you can still blame the track is beyond me it was watered regularly. It’s a hot and windy day with the sun beating down on it. And the dirt on the outside line is no joke about 6 Inches deeps. So how you can say it’s the track is a joke the Glasgow team seemed to like it the track was prepped to how the Sheffield riders wanted it. so I think we need to stop making excuses of it being the track now it’s getting abit Of a joke. Not exactly a bad meeting but if it’s not a win we are on the band wagon again of blaming the track. 

Rant over

Edited by Motox92

17 minutes ago, spin king said:

Forget Bewley he has regular spot in the Polish Leagues and would not be available on Sundays.

I wonder if we could fit in Bradley Wison Dean, but that would require 2 changes to the present team. 

Bewley was just a name off top of my head,it's just frustrating having a good team on paper but not on track.The way it's going we are heading for an early season.finish again .Weve got 7 racers but no gaters and as the track is we need gaters.

7 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I’m sorry but how you can still blame the track is beyond me it was watered regularly. It’s a hot and windy day with the sun beating down on it. And the dirt on the outside line is no joke about 6 Inches deeps. So how you can say it’s the track is a joke the Glasgow team seemed to like it the track was prepped to how the Sheffield riders wanted it. so I think we need to stop making excuses of it being the track now it’s getting abit Of a joke. Not exactly a bad meeting but if it’s not a win we are on the band wagon again of blaming the track. 

Rant over

I'm sorry but the meeting was dreadful. Ignoring the result it really was a completely dull meeting with little to no passing.

2 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I'm sorry but the meeting was dreadful. Ignoring the result it really was a completely dull meeting with little to no passing.

And that is not track preps fault I’m sorry but you can give riders the best track in the world but if they don’t race on it it’s not the tracks fault so think we need to get this track problem thing put aside track was no different to brum meeting but oh wait you won that meeting so no complaints what a joke 

15 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

Rant over

So you are happy with gate and go racing and only passing when a rider goes off the inside line or makes a mistake.

the track is not an excuse for losing, it is a reason for being bored

Bewley was just a name Ive thrown out there.Kemp and Kennedy are the bright lights so far ,the other 5 can do better than they are at the moment.I don't think this promotion will remain patient for much longer after last  season and the hard work they put in through the winter.

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

So you are happy with gate and go racing and only passing when a rider goes off the inside line or makes a mistake.

the track is not an excuse for losing, it is a reason for being bored

If memory serves me correctly, he's on the track staff so his view might just be a tad biased.

Sheffield used to be a brilliant track as did kings lynn but both seem to be a shadows of their former glories.  

I think the bikes are now going flat out and the older tracks are too narrow with the greater speeds 

Belle Vue has proved on the right shape and size brilliant racing can be produced but unfortunately all of the old stadiums have size constraints. Somerset and Scunthorpe are both brilliant tracks built in wide open spaces. Won’t mention Leicester 

7 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

If memory serves me correctly, he's on the track staff so his view might just be a tad biased.

I’m a complete neutral here thank you very much there is a lot of effort that goes in to make you fans happy and give you good racing how about then after next weeks meeting  you meet me after the meeting and I will personally give you a track walk and show you every inch of the track and show that there is nothing wrong with it ? That a deal ? 

Edited by Motox92

3 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I’m a complete neutral here thank you very much there is a lot of effort that goes in the make you fans happy and give you good racing how about then after next weeks meet you meet me after the meeting and I will personally give you a track walk and show you every inch of the track and show that there is nothing wrong with it ? That a deal ? 

I went to Stoke today, and won't be going back to Sheffield for several weeks (mid July, I believe).

Had the meeting against Leicester been half decent, I might have come back sooner. It wasn't. 10 races of gate and go followed by 5 getting covered in dust.

As a good friend (who was there today) said, why would you go to Sheffield when you can go to Belle Vue or Scunthorpe instead ? 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1