British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, relic said:

Replying to Moranboys this is the probem we have. Sheffield Speedway only existes on the money that is taken on the gate and sponcership plus the money from the pockets of the owners. Its all very well haveing such a fantastic stadium it does come at a price. I'm not knocking it I love the place and have done since 1967. It is the same with all tracks that are tennants. All those teams that have the luck to own their own stadiums do have a distinct advantage as they take the profit of everything that is sold in the stadium. The Bates's may not be everyones cup of tea but they and Peter Mole have done a fantastic job since they took over I just hope that they can find someone even if they can't find a buyer to work with them to ensure the continuation of the sport here in Sheffiel.

Very much the same as Workington Comets demise.....we paid rent on the Stadium to the Rugby team along with any food/bar takings , owning your own stadium these days is a must to stay afloat

8 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Very much the same as Workington Comets demise.....we paid rent on the Stadium to the Rugby team along with any food/bar takings , owning your own stadium these days is a must to stay afloat

The last 2 seasons at derwent park wasnt the food taking over by the comets ? It just wasnt very good so poor sales that could have been the diffrence between profit and loss.

40 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The last 2 seasons at derwent park wasnt the food taking over by the comets ? It just wasnt very good so poor sales that could have been the diffrence between profit and loss.

Only the second bend café Geoff, not the food van in the Grandstand

42 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

CUT !

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Only the second bend café Geoff, not the food van in the Grandstand

THATS THE CAFE THAT SOLD OXO AND PASSED IT ON AS bOVRIL ! i never bought any oxo/bovril drink  . but i know a few who did buy the  product .  run bt number 10 catering ?

food was okay , but at times it was cooked by what seemed like YTS .band  does the YTS still exist ?

54 minutes ago, jenga said:

THATS THE CAFE THAT SOLD OXO AND PASSED IT ON AS bOVRIL ! i never bought any oxo/bovril drink  . but i know a few who did buy the  product .  run bt number 10 catering ?

food was okay , but at times it was cooked by what seemed like YTS .band  does the YTS still exist ?

Yes but its known as scunthorpe speedway 

• Haha 1

How is the catering at Workington and Scunthorpe relevant to the Sheffield 2019 discussion?

6 minutes ago, RS50 said:

How is the catering at Workington and Scunthorpe relevant to the Sheffield 2019 discussion?

sure it was started by a Sheffield fan , so we all just tag along and see where it ends up...............  ! is that okay for you ?     :t:

• Haha 1

I hope these changes work out for the club and we make the play offs but bringing in sedgeman ,a rider who has guested in the past and put no effort in is a mystery. I appreciate its a numbers game and feel sorry for Ty as he's just hit some form.Good luck to all the team for the rest of the season but I will be surprised if this is the answer.

9 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I hope these changes work out for the club and we make the play offs but bringing in sedgeman ,a rider who has guested in the past and put no effort in is a mystery. I appreciate its a numbers game and feel sorry for Ty as he's just hit some form.Good luck to all the team for the rest of the season but I will be surprised if this is the answer.

Don't think proctor will be without a club for long at all. Obviously dropped to replace Bates at Leicester.

• Like 1

Can see him moving on and strengthening some other team.Hes not been as good for us as we expected but I think we may be weaker without him. We will see.

38 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Don't think proctor will be without a club for long at all. Obviously dropped to replace Bates at Leicester.

Which begs the question: are these team changes being made for Sheffield's benefit or Leicester's?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last chance saloon for sedgemen me thinks , have seen him twice this season didnt put much effort in both times.