British Speedway Forum

who paid for doyle, batch and morris for swindon then . did they pay it themselves ?

only two englishmen in the swindon team or is it just one ?

but hey , ho . we are discussing sheffields  team arnt we ?

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

no idea . only know that josh paid for his own trip over just in case a job came up . it was well publicised . get someone to read it to you if you can find it .

Did he originally come over for a working holiday? a few meeting's and laps at certain tracks i have  nothing against Josh i hope he has a decent career.

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Did he originally come over for a working holiday? a few meeting's and laps at certain tracks i have  nothing against Josh i hope he has a decent career.

he came over to join workington , but that went pete tong .before he set off from aus . shame we shut down cos i think we could have been up there in the league .but it  is what it is ..

Edited by jenga
cant spell , but thats never stopped me posting ..

1 hour ago, jenga said:

he came over to join workington , but that went pete tong .before he set off from aus . shame we shut down cos i think we could have been up there in the league .but it  is what it is ..

Hope Worky get back soon jenga great track great club we need them back in british speedway.Also  chuffed young Bickley is making progress your club had alot to do with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great news for Kent.  Kemp has been dropped by Sheffield & its too late for another Champ/Prem club to sign him.   Brilliant.

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think most of us who have followed Drew's quick rise up the ladder just presumed he would of been at no 7 all year. 

Well that was never going to happen,as soon as he did one more away meeting at the start of the the year he jumped from 2.00 to over 5 due to his high scoring for Ipswich last year.A more cynical Promotion may have replaced him there and then as Drew was always going to find it tough at number 2.

Another problem was having Broc stuck on a assessed 4.00 for half the season while he attained a true average.It wasn't till July 1st almost a year to the day that he signed that he got a new one and it was still lower than Drew's who couldn't drop down as Zaine and Josh were also  still on assessed 4.00s. The rain off at Redcar stopped Chunk from getting his new average earlier,which would have seen Drew drop down a couple of weeks before he did and maybe if he had found his feet again the change for Broc may have not been made.

Regarding Todd in place of Ty,hindsight is a wonderful thing,but the Tigers season may have been slightly different.Then again Kyle's been up and down and Kasper Andersen didn't work out as we hoped and if Broc hadn't been wiped out at Leicester...

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Great news for Kent.  Kemp has been dropped by Sheffield & its too late for another Champ/Prem club to sign him.   Brilliant.

You never know he could be signed somewhere and waiting approval from SCB 

17 minutes ago, mac101 said:

You never know he could be signed somewhere and waiting approval from SCB 

Not according to the Kent management. 

7 hours ago, flipper11 said:

if kent would have moved up when they had the chance, we wouldn't be talking about this topic would we......or maybe kent might have released him too during the season.

11 hours ago, jenga said:

only two englishmen in the swindon team or is it just one ?

cant remember, they swap riders about like theyre going out of fashion, its nice that fans of other clubs come on here and persecute Sheffield for making changes, when their team has made more changes than the tigers.

• Like 1

anyone ant team news for tomorrow at eastbourne as intend travelling for this one.just seems to be news on tigers website about card payment issues?

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

anyone ant team news for tomorrow at eastbourne as intend travelling for this one.just seems to be news on tigers website about card payment issues?

George Wood won't be riding. 

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Preview just gone on Sheffield's website.