British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Blackadder said:

In this week's SS, Connor Mountain is saying that he hopes Sheffield will sign him for next season.

I personally hope this signing doesn't happen, not sure i've seen enough to be convinced. Just my opinion.

If Connor has signed for Leicester and we both in the same league I would presume he will ride for them, that's if the rumour of just two leagues is happening.

Think we will just stick with Kennedy for now until league system is decided as from what I've been told is it is more than likely going down the one league route but who knows with BSPA.

I'm just glad we have set our stall out already for next season with an early signing and hopefully making sure we put right what went badly wrong this season.

Roll on March/April !

17 hours ago, Who's Winnin said:

Think we will just stick with Kennedy for now until league system is decided as from what I've been told is it is more than likely going down the one league route but who knows with BSPA.

I'm just glad we have set our stall out already for next season with an early signing and hopefully making sure we put right what went badly wrong this season.

Roll on March/April !

There seems to be a proliferation of lower-middle order riders sniffing round for a team slot next season (Shanes, Nicol, Mountain, Andersen, Kennedy) and there'll probably only be room for one of them - two at most. I'm not at all sure Kennedy is the wisest first move. I'd have preferred to see the first confirmed team slot go to Kasper who's done enough to show he can probably add 3 points to his average next season. Kennedy, on the other hand, has an assessed average of 5.2, which makes a big hole in the likely points allocation for 2019 and he might struggle to maintain that sort of average. He could turn out to be a big disappointment.

Depending on points limits league structure etc could we loan him out ? If it's 32 limit Kasper has got to be a definite ! Do Kings Lynn own him ?did he ride sufficient meetings for them ?

just to say that i found it disappointing that there was no mention at all of charles,kyle and casper riding in the teeside silver helmet meeting at redcar last night.was this meeting deemed not important enough to be worthy of some press.diabolical really.for the record,kyle scored 6 points,charles and casper scored 10 each but missed out in the semi.well done all the lads.

28 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

just to say that i found it disappointing that there was no mention at all of charles,kyle and casper riding in the teeside silver helmet meeting at redcar last night.was this meeting deemed not important enough to be worthy of some press.diabolical really.for the record,kyle scored 6 points,charles and casper scored 10 each but missed out in the semi.well done all the lads.

What has that got to do with 2019?

Could someone remind me of your top 3 meetings this year seen it somewhere thanks in advance

So we used 12 different riders in 2018 and add Josh Bates to the mix we had 13.

So of those 13 who would I retain.

Charles Wright; finished the season at number 1 and overall had a brilliant season, but I don't see him improving on the average that he has and we need riders that will up their averages, so it is with a heavy heart I say release.

Kyle Howarth; Started the season like a steam train, and then pick up some injuries that he never seem to get over. On an average of 7.49 he can improve but with the possible merger of the two leagues Wolves I would imagine would want him and with him been Workington asset they may well want to either cash in on him or use him themselves. But would put him on the retain list.

Lasse Bjerre; Shame how it ended with Lasse as watching him around Owlerton was a joy to watch. Maybe releasing him and then asking him back after last season was not the brightest idea, it seemed to unsettle him and when he is unsettle Lasse is the type to revolt. So while the we have the Promotion in the present form I don't see a way back for Lasse. Release

Josh Bates; I am a Josh fan, but I think that maybe it is time for him to move on, I think that it would benefit both the club and the rider if he did, because I don't think Josh gets the credit he deserves and is a much better rider that others give credit. So I would release him.

Todd Kurtz; At Owlerton Todd can be a match winner, away he can be a bit of a liability but when the team is successfully away from home he has usually popped up with win out of the blue. But for me it is how you use Todd, stick at number 2, and at home he will invariably get a win or a paid win, So I would go with retain.

James Shanes; All action and never gives up, just what you want from rider. The only nagging doubt I have about James is his other commitments (Longtrack and Grass), but his potential far outweighs those doubts so I would say retain.

Jack Smith; Was a little unfortunate to be dropped as he was starting to get it together when he was dropped. But I don't think he is what we are looking for at the moment. Release

Broc Nichol; Did a decent job, but still has a look of a rider who is still with a lot to learn, and at the moment we don't need a rider like that son would have to be release.   

Kasper Andersen; Been a revelation since he came into the side and on an assessed average of 5.20 I think there will be plenty of interest from other clubs on him. He is more than capable of putting a point or two on that starting average. For me we must try and get him signed up. Retain    

Jan Gravensen; Shadow of the rider who rode for us in 2017, and unless we can get him in at reserve I don't think he would be effective. Release      

Georgie Wood; Another one who was a shadow of the rider that we had riding for us in 2017, does not appear to have enough backing as well. Release   

Connor Mountain; Would like to have said retain, but I don't think that his home performances were as good as they could have been, so for me Release 

Joe Lawler, Lacks the experience at the moment and needs to spend another season at National League level and establish himself in that league. Release 

So if we were to stay at a 42.5 limit with 7 riders per team we would have;

Kyle Howarth 6.95

Todd Kurtz 5.91

Zaine Kennedy 5.20

Kasper Andersen 5.20

James Shanes 4.96 (2.5% British reduction)

That would leave us with 14.28 for the two remaining riders.

If it's 42.5 we got to get Josh g back with Kyle ,when they in same team Kyle steps up his performance .Zaine is already in and we must go for Kasper then see what points are left.

8 hours ago, foamfence said:

What has that got to do with 2019?

sorry i offended you wasn't too sure where to post it as there was no post set up on the forum

• Like 1