British Speedway Forum

On 9/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, StevePark said:

His last average (2016) was 8.00.

In 2014 Wolbert started with Glasgow on 8.48 and finished the season on a deplorable 6.19. The following season he rejoined Edinburgh on that bargain average and finished the season on 8.18.

Supposing he was the only rider left on the planet who could fill your final team place, you'd be better closing your track with dignity than employing this shameless individual IMO.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MD said:

In 2014 Wolbert started with Glasgow on 8.48 and finished the season on a deplorable 6.19. The following season he rejoined Edinburgh on that bargain average and finished the season on 8.18.

Supposing he was the only rider left on the planet who could fill your final team place, you'd be better closing your track with dignity than employing this shameless individual IMO.

Love your honesty ;)

14 hours ago, MD said:

It says a lot, though, when ALL teams did not turn to him during 2018.:t:

Steve Worrall

Aaron Summers

Josh Pickering 

Tero Aarnio

Ashley Morris

Matthew Wethers

Alfie Bowtell

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrP said:

Steve Worrall

Aaron Summers

Josh Pickering 

Tero Aarnio

Ashley Morris

Matthew Wethers

Alfie Bowtell

'Dream on, dreamer' ;)

• Like 2

I see that Tero has signed for Wanda Krakow for 2019.  Does this rule him out of a return to the Diamonds?

57 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I see that Tero has signed for Wanda Krakow for 2019.  Does this rule him out of a return to the Diamonds?

Don't they race on a Saturday and haven't they just been relegated?  I know they finished the league as the bottom club and I think they could not field a team on at least 1 occasion!!!

7 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Don't they race on a Saturday and haven't they just been relegated?  I know they finished the league as the bottom club and I think they could not field a team on at least 1 occasion!!!

No idea ! That's why I asked !! The score I looked at was a 26 - 64 (or something like that) home hammering and they had no one at number 6! If they are a Saturday, hopefully that won't impact on his possible return.

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

That might depend on what league and/or what night the Diamonds plan to run.

If they plan to run.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Pleased to hear that Newcastle are likely to be in 2019 structure.... horrible rumours at the end of the season appear to be false.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That might depend on what league and/or what night the Diamonds plan to run.

If they plan to run.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Newcastle will run

Second Tier of Speedway (unless one big league)

Sunday still the preferred option

But who knows?

Regards
THJ

As I am sure most will know (but I will repeat it here for those who don't!), Monday's are no longer what they used to be at Brough.  Everytime we have run on a Monday (with the very odd exception possibly) the crowds have been down, compared to that of a Sunday, so, THJ is quite correct in his assumption that Sunday's are the preferred option, despite the obvious "Poland" implications.

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

Pleased to hear that Newcastle are likely to be in 2019 structure.... horrible rumours at the end of the season appear to be false.

I don't know where those rumours were heard, or came from, but, as far as I am aware, providing things got/get sorted, Newcastle were always going to run next year.

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I don't know where those rumours were heard, or came from, but, as far as I am aware, providing things got/get sorted, Newcastle were always going to run next year.

As far as I am aware, Tero is already sorted ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

Aaron Summers rode a few times for Wanda Krakow last season, all on Sunday`s which would seem to rule out a return to Newcastle for Aarnio.