British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I thought the reduction was applied for the first 3 seasons after NL, but that might not be the case any longer, or infact for next season. There may be lots of changes for next year, I haven't a clue what will be sorted at the AGM. Who's round it will be first, might lead to all types of chaos ;)

No I am of the opinion that this season coming (2019) and due to the proposals being made that there will be an allowance applied to all British riders as in the non to distant past to encourage the signing of British riders 

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps THJ is suggesting a new/revised approach for 2019.....

By lad your good I was typing the above when you posted this and yes you are correct

Like I said in my original post and of course because its silly season i.e. pre AGM  and just for a bit of fun

Cheers Bruv you can play again that ruffdiamond is hard work and not getting with the programme

In fact far to hard work this; so that's it Half Day Friday I'm "Balling Up" time for "Offski"

Regards
THJ

29 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No I am of the opinion that this season coming (2019) and due to the proposals being made that there will be an allowance applied to all British riders as in the non to distant past to encourage the signing of British riders 

By lad your good I was typing the above when you posted this and yes you are correct

Like I said in my original post and of course because its silly season i.e. pre AGM  and just for a bit of fun

Cheers Bruv you can play again that ruffdiamond is hard work and not getting with the programme

In fact far to hard work this; so that's it Half Day Friday I'm "Balling Up" time for "Offski"

Regards
THJ

THJ, well you and 'bruv' may be closer to the pulse than me, but I would not disagree with a reduction for British riders. 'Keep Britain British' n that, not sure if all would agree tho. Like I said, I've no idea what will come out of the AGM, hopefully its all positive things. :t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

THJ, well you and 'bruv' may be closer to the pulse than me, but I would not disagree with a reduction for British riders. 'Keep Britain British' n that, not sure if all would agree tho. Like I said, I've no idea what will come out of the AGM, hopefully its all positive things. :t:

ruffdiamod

Sorry for the misleading post

I have assumed that there will be 6 man teams in 2019
I have assumed that there will be a build level of 36 points in 2019
I have assumed that there will be a general 2.5% reduction for all British riders in 2019

As the AGM has not happened yet you can assume rightly or wrongly what you want; 7 man teams to 50 build points, 5 man teams to 45 points, Newcastle will or wont run, no one else will run, everyone will run, one league; two leagues; League North and League South or a breakaway league? here's a daft one for you "Shut the whole of Speedway down for a season in the UK and reset the whole dam thing" get that on the Agenda and let all the "Guys" who milk Speedway, but never put anything back into the sport, have a tough year, and that's not the promoters more the likes of the engine tuners and the guys who sell the fuel and the parts, the Speedway Star let them report on Speedway without the British Leagues for a year, what do they put back into the sport? Make up what you want it is silly season at the moment however things should be much clearer by Wednesday evening on the 14th of November with a press release I would suggest on the BSPA web site sometime on the Thursday (or Friday).

So whilst we wait in baited breath I thought I would post some nonsense on a "Slow News Day"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39633603

So as a German worker might say "Ich mach’ Feierabend" (Go on Google it)

God bless and good night 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

ruffdiamod

Sorry for the misleading post

I have assumed that there will be 6 man teams in 2019
I have assumed that there will be a build level of 36 points in 2019
I have assumed that there will be a general 2.5% reduction for all British riders in 2019

As the AGM has not happened yet you can assume rightly or wrongly what you want; 7 man teams to 50 build points, 5 man teams to 45 points, Newcastle will or wont run, no one else will run, everyone will run, one league; two leagues; League North and League South or a breakaway league? here's a daft one for you "Shut the whole of Speedway down for a season in the UK and reset the whole dam thing" get that on the Agenda and let all the "Guys" who milk Speedway, but never put anything back into the sport, have a tough year, and that's not the promoters more the likes of the engine tuners and the guys who sell the fuel and the parts, the Speedway Star let them report on Speedway without the British Leagues for a year, what do they put back into the sport? Make up what you want it is silly season at the moment however things should be much clearer by Wednesday evening on the 14th of November with a press release I would suggest on the BSPA web site sometime on the Thursday (or Friday).

So whilst we wait in baited breath I thought I would post some nonsense on a "Slow News Day"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39633603

So as a German worker might say "Ich mach’ Feierabend" (Go on Google it)

God bless and good night 

Regards
THJ

To be honest, you are probably correct.  Speedway needs re-inventing from the bottom up

To be honest THJ isn't too far off. Ive been harping on about an end of year British riders only average reduction for ages (although i can't be bothered to trawl my old posts to prove it yet) but also some radical changes and reductions on costs. Of course there will be riders threatening to quit, to only ride abroad or head into early retirement.....Good go get a real job, see what the few qualifications you have and no experience will get you, generate a CV that states you can drive, you don't like rain and are an expert communicator (when huddled together moaning about something). Now you have a job and it isn't perfect, the boss is on at your to do better and the money is paying all your bills but not making your silly rich.........i bet Speedway probably doesn't look so bad now does it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, StevePark said:

I see that Tero has signed for Wanda Krakow for 2019.  Does this rule him out of a return to the Diamonds?

Not according to Tero. Speaking to him before the end of last season he said he had a polish contract in the pipeline but only as a SQUAD rider and not a regular. He would be available to ride in Poland on days (including a few sundays) when Newcastle didn't have a fixture, assuming he's back with us of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

THJ,,, I don't know much German, so I'll just assume it was rude ok. :t:

No ya ok, I wouldn't do such a thing, it's not rude at all but very applicable not just for me today but for all of Speedway possibly... remember I did say it's what a German Worker would say; especially at about one minute past his finishing time...

Now a bet that's got you intrigued 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Here you go and just for a bit of fun... and of course because its silly season...

Starter for 10...

No     Newcastle                    AVE               2.50% (GB Reduction)

1        Jason Garrity               7.59               7.40
5        Tero Arrnio                   6.83               6.83
2        Ashley Morris              5.58               5.44
3        Matthew Wethers       5.78               5.64
4        Paul Starke                  5.66               5.52
6        Daniel Gappmaier       4.84               4.84

TOTAL                                  36.50              35.89

6 man team built to 36 points with GB riders getting a 2.5% reduction (and affordable)

Regards
THJ

Not a bad effort THJ given your team assumptions. Maybe try Pickering on 5.41 instead of Starke say, but could go with the rest. Iffy about Garrity if he was on high money, as he's unlikely to give back to you what value you pay him. Missing meetings and rides in meetings, means you don't get to watch him every meeting and would need strong arm management IMO.

Gappmaier is an interesting one as on his day at Berwick he was brilliant,  but would take time to settle at Brough. Could be a signing to make us more competitive away on the bigger tracks like when we signed Andre in 2000 for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No ya ok, I wouldn't do such a thing, it's not rude at all but very applicable not just for me today but for all of Speedway possibly... remember I did say it's what a German Worker would say; especially at about one minute past his finishing time...

Now a bet that's got you intrigued 

Regards 

THJ 

Well, a don't really know any Germans, not unless ye count 'SonarDennis', a sort of know him.

19 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, a don't really know any Germans, not unless ye count 'SonarDennis', a sort of know him.

I'm finishing work (apparently!)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Not a bad effort THJ given your team assumptions. Maybe try Pickering on 5.41 instead of Starke say, but could go with the rest. Iffy about Garrity if he was on high money, as he's unlikely to give back to you what value you pay him. Missing meetings and rides in meetings, means you don't get to watch him every meeting and would need strong arm management IMO.

Gappmaier is an interesting one as on his day at Berwick he was brilliant,  but would take time to settle at Brough. Could be a signing to make us more competitive away on the bigger tracks like when we signed Andre in 2000 for.

Gappmaier would probably benefit from a smaller track. His form at Shielfield was good but some of his away performances were less inspiring.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 4:22 PM, StevePark said:

I'm finishing work (apparently!)!

Steve man you haven't done it justice, "Feierabend" is a thing that every employee around the world has been and is looking forward to with joy, and yet the term does not really exist in English, there isn't a literal English translation, its a bit like the Danish word "Hygge" (another of my favourites) in that it doesn't readily translate to a distinct English word; however a reasonable interpretation of "Feierabend" or "Ich mach’ Feierabend" is "I'm out of here"!!! Dynamic, not "oh I'm finishing work"  Doh!!!

Must have been lost in translation a bit eh?

You will miss this when we are out of Europe

Regards
THJ

38 points to "play with."

Let the speculation/guesses begin..... GO!!