British Speedway Forum

i will start it ,  tero off to workington . 

38 point limit, I'm sorry but this just means the championship being watered down to hopefully boost the so called top division, I'm all for cutting costs but if that means watching two nl riders at 6 and 7 it's wrong... 

• Like 1

workington had a nl @ reserve , whats wrong with that . they done it a few years ago . fans still supported it .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andys said:

38 point limit, I'm sorry but this just means the championship being watered down to hopefully boost the so called top division, I'm all for cutting costs but if that means watching two nl riders at 6 and 7 it's wrong... 

If every club has two National league standard riders at reserve it means more actual competitive racing hopefully 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jenga said:

i will start it ,  tero off to workington . 

No chance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

No chance.

Expecting some of the 2018 team to return given home form and the paltry points limit.

If all teams are going with 2 two pointers I imagine Danny Phillips will be back if his leg is up to it? A bad end of season with Scunny but we’ve tried most of the two pointers and look how that went?

We will be back to 2017 when reserves were weak.

With P’boro moving up I wonder if young Mr Bacon could be tempted. Seems to excel at Newcastle?

Kyle Newman always welcome and must be on a depressed average if he could live with the travel?

My biggest wish would be Edinburgh to send Josh Pickering down on loan but we all know that isnt going to happen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well,,, with a 38pt building ave. A wonder if many will go for a 6.5/7 ish ňo.1 ?

Newcastle could have the exact same team with Robbo out and Phillips in the total only comes to 36.25 before any reductions are applied.

Again with Ludvig and Robbo out and Garritty in with Phillips the total comes to 37.37 so there are options to retain the bulk of last year's side. (If they are wanted or want to come back of course)

Regards 

THJ 

18 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Newcastle could have the exact same team with Robbo out and Phillips in the total only comes to 36.25 before any reductions are applied.

Again with Ludvig and Robbo out and Garritty in with Phillips the total comes to 37.37 so there are options to retain the bulk of last year's side. (If they are wanted or want to come back of course)

Regards 

THJ 

Garritty always comes across as if he enjoys his meetings at Brough, he always seems to be on the move tho,,, maybe Newcastle would be a good move for him.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Tell you who else not to rule out

Nico Covatti... especially now that Ippo have gone up...

He's is one of George's go to guests and goes well at Brough although I don't know what his European commitments are like for him to come to a Sunday club...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tell you who else not to rule out

Nico Covatti... especially now that Ippo have gone up...

He's is one of George's go to guests and goes well at Brough although I don't know what his European commitments are like for him to come to a Sunday club...

Regards 

THJ 

Have a feeling Nico might be going to Somerset but could be wrong

Well I didn't get what I wanted with 6 man teams so here is an attempt at a 7 man one to 38 points

So

No     Newcastle                    AVE               2.50% (GB Reduction)

1        Jason Garrity               7.59               7.40
5        Tero Arrnio                   6.83               6.83
2        Ashley Morris              5.58               5.44
3        Matthew Wethers       5.78               5.64 
4        Paul Starke                  5.66               5.52   or  Nico Covatti 6.56
6        Daniel Gappmaier       4.84               4.84  or Nathan Greaves 4.09
7        Danny Phillips              2.00               2.00

TOTAL                                  38.50              35.89

7 man team built to 38 points however I am relying on all GB riders getting a 2.5% reduction and if they don't swap Nathan Greaves for 4.09 in spot of Gappmaier which brings it down to 37.53  and if that is the case you could add in Nico in place of Starke (so does anyone know who will qualify for the 2.5% reduction)

Or so (with no reductions)

No     Newcastle                                
   AVE    
1        Jason Garrity                 7.59
5        Tero Arrnio                         6.83
2        Ashley Morris              5.58
3        Matthew Wethers    5.78
4        Paul Starke                5.66
6        Nathan Greaves      4.09
7        Danny Phillips           2.00

Or (with no reductions)

No     Newcastle                                
   AVE    
1        Jason Garrity                 7.59
5        Nico Covatti                         6.56
2        Ashley Morris              5.58
3        Matthew Wethers    5.78
4        Paul Starke                5.66
6        Nathan Greaves      4.09
7        Danny Phillips           2.00

So it all just depends on that 2.5% reduction and who gets it? as it can make a significant difference.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

As it is still silly season and nobody knows who is riding where, here is my ten penneths worth.

Garrity 7.39 (with reduction)

Covatti 6.56

Bach 7.19

Morris 5.44 (with reduction)

Aarnio 6.57

Bowtell 2.35 (with reduction)

A N Other 2.00 (not D Phillips although I think it will be him)

Total 37.50

I have assumed British riders get a 2.5% reduction.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t mind trying to get Bowtell back for one of the reserve positions he ended the season pretty well. 

• Like 1