British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Wouldn’t mind trying to get Bowtell back for one of the reserve positions he ended the season pretty well. 

no he didnt !

23 minutes ago, jenga said:

no he didnt !

He did at lakeside/rye didn’t he? Sure I remember he got double figures and another decent score in a double header. He also had a good season NL wise. 

• Like 1

Alfie's trump card is that he is a pretty good gater, and as he gained experience over the season, a lot ofsecond strings  found him very  difficult to pass . I think he will,increase hi s average over the season but his ragged style will limit how far he improves.

A good bloke and good team man though, is Alfie. Worth a place at reserve in any Championship side.

• Like 1

i think his first season in the championship was a good un . he was good at workington when he came dowmn in 2017 , but very poor in the playoffs . liked to bail out a lot .

but we have to give these lads a go or they will not progress in the sport .

1) S Worrall

2)

3) T Aarnio

4) A Morris

5)

6) A Bowtell

7)

Think this would be a decent start to team building no idea what the averages would be though. If we couldn’t get Stevie would be equally as happy with Richie surely Edinburgh will have to lose 1 or maybe 2 of there top 3.

Would quite like to see Ben Barker in there too on good equipment he is entertainment but always seems to come with too much baggage. 

Edited by bloom89

54 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

1) S Worrall

2)

3) T Aarnio

4) A Morris

5)

6) A Bowtell

7)

Think this would be a decent start to team building no idea what the averages would be though. If we couldn’t get Stevie would be equally as happy with Richie surely Edinburgh will have to lose 1 or maybe 2 of there top 3.

Would quite like to see Ben Barker in there too on good equipment he is entertainment but always seems to come with too much baggage. 

Wouldn't touch Barker with a barge pole. To start with his baggage doesn't include any bikes!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leander said:

Wouldn't touch Barker with a barge pole. To start with his baggage doesn't include any bikes!!!

Oh right I didn’t know that! Quite a big problem then, always love watching him though! 

My thoughts... Obviously one controversial rider but I can't NOT involve him, I think you all know who I'm talking about

1. Rene Bach                   7.19

2. Ashley Morris             5.44     (2.5% Reduction)

3. Tero Aarnio                 6.83

4. Ludvig Lindgren         6.47

5. Aaron Summers   (c) 7.18

6. Ben Hopwood            2.40     (2.5% Reduction)

7. Alfie Bowtell               2.32     (2.5% Reduction)

Total                               37.83

Rene is a given, always loved him and always wanted him back ever since he left and think he would suit the number 1 role, especially in a weakened league

Ashley, great trier, great racer and loved watching him the past couple of years and clearly wants to be back, would make a great partner for Rene and would own most heat 8s

Tero, pretty much exactly the same as Ash... And he's from the greatest country ;) Tero is the best

Ludvig, yup... Not many people including him, dunno if he's said something somewhere about not returning or people's opinions means he's not involved much, but I still think he's great and would work well with Tero at 3 and 4, still a big fan of him and would love to see him back still

Captain 'Spud' Summers sound about right? Not a HUGE fan of the bloke for some reason, but christ does he ride Brough well, very low average too? Would probably be our number 1 before too much longer and I'd be happy to see it, nice all round top 5 in a weaker league

Ben Hopwood, was a fan of his never give up and steady style, you know what you'll get from him, which granted isn't A LOT, but it might be in a weaker league, would love to see the Ben Hopwood, Alfie Bowtell partnership back, we didn't see it enough

Alfie Bowtell, went alright for us a few seasons ago and didn't well in the NL last year, always worth a shot this year imo

Other riders: Danny Phillips (obviously) David Wallinger (Probably Redcar though) Nike Lunna (Hair offs with Aaron?) Michael Palm Toft (Big fan and always gives 110%)

Probably a few more faces I wouldn't mind seeing (Pickering spring to mind) but cost a realism also comes to mind :(

If Aarnio, Wethers, Morris and Phillips are nailed on, that would leave about 17.95 for the remaining three.

If they can regain fitness/interest I can't help think Lewis' Kerr and Rose have unfinished business as Diamonds.  Would leave about 4.86 for the final rider.

No out and out No.1 (less likely to be available on a Sunday) but three challenging for the role and potentially strength in depth, assuming most teams go for two 2.00 riders. 

12 minutes ago, enotian said:

If they can regain fitness/interest I can't help think Lewis' Kerr and Rose have unfinished business as Diamonds.  

I really would prefer that they found success elsewhere. The team hasn’t changed a great deal in recent years and it might be a good idea to freshen it up. 

No one has mentioned Matej yet - while he has his limitations he does win races. 

I’d take Hopwood over Bowtell but both over Phillips  

13 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I really would prefer that they found success elsewhere. The team hasn’t changed a great deal in recent years and it might be a good idea to freshen it up. 

No one has mentioned Matej yet - while he has his limitations he does win races. 

Matej could be a steal on his average.  I'd take Alfie over Ben, but doubt Alfie will be heading north.

Matty W should now be a certain starter for us next season, with the average now just 38.  It also might play in a return for Carl W.

I still say Tero and Ash are a must for 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enotian said:

If Aarnio, Wethers, Morris and Phillips are nailed on, that would leave about 17.95 for the remaining three.

If they can regain fitness/interest I can't help think Lewis' Kerr and Rose have unfinished business as Diamonds.  Would leave about 4.86 for the final rider.

No out and out No.1 (less likely to be available on a Sunday) but three challenging for the role and potentially strength in depth, assuming most teams go for two 2.00 riders. 

Don't think Wethers in nailed on, especially considering what he said in his interview, he's keeping all options oipen and he didn't want to say for sure he'd be a 2019 Diamond, however I still wouldn't be surprised to see him back and would be delighted to see him back also... Just not over Ashley, Tero or Ludvig please

47 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Agree with what you say and I like Matej too, but there's others on a similar average I'd prefer to see, and he's another same old rider, we need a freshen up, Matej can win races, yes, but he's not exactly a big entertainer like Ludvig CAN be on occasion (no one can argue against that, I just wish it were as often as it used to be in the Ludvig Lindgren/Danny King days)

44 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

R. Worrall

T. Aarnio

J. Pickering

M. Wethers

A. Morris

G. Manzares

D. Phillips

Morning, Ruffo.

What's the weather like on Fantasy Island this time of year?

Bit pricey, that team. And I can't see Edinburgh letting Pickering go, much as I'd love to see it. 

I appreciate that British riders are likely to get a relatively hefty reduction in their averages next season but looking at proven BP scorers, what about Covatti and MPT - and Ulli may be at a loose end.

7 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Morning, Ruffo.

What's the weather like on Fantasy Island this time of year?

Bit pricey, that team. And I can't see Edinburgh letting Pickering go, much as I'd love to see it. 

I appreciate that British riders are likely to get a relatively hefty reduction in their averages next season but looking at proven BP scorers, what about Covatti and MPT - and Ulli may be at a loose end.

Hello, the weathers normal for this time of year,,, ok, drop Worrall, Pickering & Manzares,,,,

and have Ludde, Wilko and a cheap no.1 (Covatti or MPT) should be able to fill that gap.:t: