British Speedway Forum

Not sure I'd have Ludde back. His performances have dropped right off (even at home on occasions) since he moved back to Sweden. Also his late withdrawal from the last away match at Workington let the supporters, management, and team mates down disgracefully, when he knew, several hours before he informed George, that he wouldn't be there. Final straw for me.

• Like 6

Well we can scratch Garrity (Scunthorpe) and Nicholls (Leicester) and Covatti from any proposed lineups, shame.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Well we can scratch Garrity (Scunthorpe) and Nicholls (Leicester) and Covatti from any proposed lineups, shame.

I would only have taken Covatti in that threesome. Garrity is not cheap and unreliable with injuries, whilst Nicholls didn't join us last year and, like Kennett, is very Southern based. Might hear a bit more, even a signing or two, at the track staff night out tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I would only have taken Covatti in that threesome. Garrity is not cheap and unreliable with injuries, whilst Nicholls didn't join us last year and, like Kennett, is very Southern based. Might hear a bit more, even a signing or two, at the track staff night out tomorrow night. 

Keep w posted Dave, mate :t:

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 5:20 PM, BLACKHEART said:

1. Richie Worrall

2. Ashley Morris

3. Tero Aarnio

4. Matej Kus

5. Lewis Kerr

6. Alfie Bowtell

7. Danny Phillips

Replace Lewis Kerr with stevie worrall and I think that might just be a team 

• Like 1

Just now, BLACKHEART said:

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ashley Morris

3. Tero Aarnio

4. Matej Kus

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Alfie Bowtell

7. Danny Phillips

I just can’t see ludvig back, not after last season. Defo seen a big shift in tolerance of ludvigs behaviour - called out with last minute choices not to ride and relinquishing the captaincy. Let alone only a 3.00 away average which even the biggest ludvig critic would admit is even low by his standards....... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I just can’t see ludvig back, not after last season. Defo seen a big shift in tolerance of ludvigs behaviour - called out with last minute choices not to ride and relinquishing the captaincy. Let alone only a 3.00 away average which even the biggest ludvig critic would admit is even low by his standards....... 

I agree with you but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was back though! We never seem to part with him he should have went to Edinburgh 2 seasons ago he’s went stale at Newcastle, I’m not his biggest fan he can be excellent at home but if we want to be competing you can carry him away from home when he should be scoring points! 

1 minute ago, Shearer09 said:

I agree with you but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was back though! We never seem to part with him he should have went to Edinburgh 2 seasons ago he’s went stale at Newcastle, I’m not his biggest fan he can be excellent at home but if we want to be competing you can carry him away from home when he should be scoring points! 

I would have to ask what the benefit would be of having him. George regularly says he is such a team man which explains his inclusion, I just don’t see it however. This season other riders are the ones doing the promotional work at schools and shopping centres etc. He can be dominant at home (occasionally, and less frequently these days) - I would argue this is less important on a track that has such a home track advantage where points can’t be made up elsewhere. He dropped us in it last year, George didn’t seem happy, and the captaincy argument I just don’t get. I get he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, certainly not mine, but I struggle to see any positives with his inclusion.... happy for others to debate this however, I really could be missing something.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I would have to ask what the benefit would be of having him. George regularly says he is such a team man which explains his inclusion, I just don’t see it however. This season other riders are the ones doing the promotional work at schools and shopping centres etc. He can be dominant at home (occasionally, and less frequently these days) - I would argue this is less important on a track that has such a home track advantage where points can’t be made up elsewhere. He dropped us in it last year, George didn’t seem happy, and the captaincy argument I just don’t get. I get he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, certainly not mine, but I struggle to see any positives with his inclusion.... happy for others to debate this however, I really could be missing something.....

100% agree with you 

Steve Worrall

Richie Worrall

Matej Kus

Tero Aarnio

Ashley Morris

Danny Phillips 

Alfie Bowtell

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Aye, not the best of seasons last time.

1 hour ago, MrP said:

Steve Worrall

Richie Worrall

Matej Kus

Tero Aarnio

Ashley Morris

Danny Phillips 

Alfie Bowtell

Yes, that looks nice :t:

No idea if it fits/we could afford it but I’d be very happy we’re this to be our team.

1. S Worrall 

2. N Greaves

3. T Aarnio

4. A Morris 

5. R Worrall 

6. A Bowtell 

7. E Perks

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Tsunami said:

Have ye heard out yet Dave ? ;)

Newcastle broke the team building mould last year and could feature even more strongly if they repeat this year?

Aarnio 6.83

Ludde 6.47

Wethers 5.78

Heeps 6.04

Morris 5.58

Perks 4.05

Clegg 3.25

Total 38.