British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I know I'm not helping here but you know what they say 'No News is Good News!!!'.:o:D:P

That's what we thought last season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Winditon said:

How long do we give the promotion then before we expect some news? Remember the silence last season?

I do, granted the team wasn’t the best on paper last season but it didn’t turn out too bad did it? There is still loads of riders available I’m pretty confident we will have a competitive team once again I mean look at Edinburgh for example they had Wells, Riss & R Worrall I’d be very surprised if they went with 2 of either of them. I’m sure we will be ok.

8 hours ago, Winditon said:

Looks like the promotion is following the same pattern as last season with regards to announcement of riders. On the 15th November Martin Philips stated that riders would be announced very soon. I realise things don't always go to plan but a bit communication with the supporters now and then wouldn't go a miss. This is what peeded many of us off last season. 

Actually that's not what he said at all. (read the website). What he said was ""We anticipate we're not that far from releasing a name or two relatively soon, and when we do I feel it will be a solid start to team building. Compared to last season 'relatively soon' gives him about a month. I would think at least two or three have probably agreed contracts. However, Newcastle are not in the habit of announcing riders until contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered. In February, Newcastle had a dane (named after a famous ghost) signed and sealed, only for him to change his mind before the contract was delivered. It was the rider who caused you to be pee'ed off by changing his mind rather than the club.

It wouldn't be the first time the club have announced the entire team in one go (at the xmas do for example).

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leander said:

It wouldn't be the first time the club have announced the entire team in one go (at the xmas do for example).

Good plug for the doo :t:

2 hours ago, leander said:

Actually that's not what he said at all. (read the website). What he said was ""We anticipate we're not that far from releasing a name or two relatively soon, and when we do I feel it will be a solid start to team building. Compared to last season 'relatively soon' gives him about a month. I would think at least two or three have probably agreed contracts. However, Newcastle are not in the habit of announcing riders until contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered. In February, Newcastle had a dane (named after a famous ghost) signed and sealed, only for him to change his mind before the contract was delivered. It was the rider who caused you to be pee'ed off by changing his mind rather than the club.

It wouldn't be the first time the club have announced the entire team in one go (at the xmas do for My 

I personally would expect "relatively soon" to be quicker than a month as would most I would expect!!!

17 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I personally would expect "relatively soon" to be quicker than a month as would most I would expect!!!

A watched kettle never boils ! ;)

To be fair, it makes sense to wait until moneybags Glasgow and Somerset have sorted their teams and the remaining riders will realise they have to ride for realistic money and not play teams off against the big twos deals

• Like 4

3 hours ago, leander said:

I know for a fact that one top rider was offered terms, only for him to sign for someone else so top riders are being spoken to. I think toontrader is spot on with his post above. Let the money clubs outbid others with silly money, and the other riders will know they aren't going there, so they might think they need to get signing for someone. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I know for a fact that one top rider was offered terms, only for him to sign for someone else so top riders are being spoken to. I think toontrader is spot on with his post above. Let the money clubs outbid others with silly money, and the other riders will know they aren't going there, so they might think they need to get signing for someone. 

Would that have been Jason Garritty???

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

Maybe so but not necessarily a fortnight. 

14 hours ago, Winditon said:

How long do we give the promotion then before we expect some news? Remember the silence last season?

I'll give the promotion much longer than I'll give a WUM like you.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about a return of Jason King ?

No chance Peter Wyngarde died on the 15th January 2018

Unless you are on about the re-runs then you need to watch Department S first to get the Jason King back story...,

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1