British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Winditon said:

Glad you still remember me

Perhaps its like being kicked in the balls

You certainly remember it but wont be looking forward to the next effort ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps its like being kicked in the balls

You certainly remember it but wont be looking forward to the next effort ;)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Winditon said:

Tero said at the end of last season if Newcastle didn't race on a Sunday he would definitely be back. Make of that what you will. He will be a great signing on his average for someone  as I think he's easily capable of putting a bit on his average. 

Tero is quoted in last weeks Speedway star (or maybe the week before) that despite signing for Poland he would still prefer to be back at Newcastle in the uk. At the end of last season he told me he had polish contract lined up as a squad rider, to ride when Newcastle didn't have a sunday fixture, and some polish matches were likely to be on a saturday. Either way they wouldn't interfere with his british commitments if he was to come back. 

With there being only ONE extra official home fixture this year compared to last there is likely to be a few blank Sundays AGAIN!!!

2 hours ago, leander said:

Tero is quoted in last weeks Speedway star (or maybe the week before) that despite signing for Poland he would still prefer to be back at Newcastle in the uk. At the end of last season he told me he had polish contract lined up as a squad rider, to ride when Newcastle didn't have a sunday fixture, and some polish matches were likely to be on a saturday. Either way they wouldn't interfere with his british commitments if he was to come back. 

With there being only ONE extra official home fixture this year compared to last there is likely to be a few blank Sundays AGAIN!!!

Spot on.  (It was last weeks 'Star' dated 24th Nov btw).

Sunday night boredom and back to talking about team building :)

Richie Worrall ©    7.80    GBR
Ashley Morris    5.44    GBR
Matej Kus    5.63    CZE
Rene Bach    7.19    DEN
Tero Aarnio    6.83    FIN
Ben Hopwood    2.40    GBR
Alfie Bowtell    2.32    GBR

Ludvig Lindgren    6.47    SWE
Matej Kus    5.63    CZE
Matthew Wethers    5.78    AUS
Kyle Newman    5.83    GBR
2.00er (Prob Danny)    2.00    GBR

Steve Worrall    7.97    GBR
Matej Kus    5.63    CZE
Richie Worrall    7.80    GBR
Alfie Bowtell    2.32    GBR
2.00er (Prob Danny)    2.00    GBR

Think my last one is my favourite, despite not having Ludvig or Rene :( Here's a question, who would people like as a 2.00er? I don't mean 2.01 or higher, just a 2.00er

A few that come to my mind would be: a mature JPB (Does he even still ride?), Luke Ruddick (Sounds good, localish if Berwick don't pick up), Josh Embleton (Too soon?), Danny Phillips (Is he fit?), Connor Coles (Again in weaker league?), James Cockle (Experience?), James Hitchen (Too soon? Not sure...), Jason Edwards (Too far?), Jordan Jenkins (No way lol, we'd never get him), Rob Shuttleworth (Any good?), William O'Keefe (Too soon?), David Wallinger (Redcar?)

Of those listed above:

mature JPB didn't happen and he retired. (Last heard he was injured in car accident so get well soon). Cockle also retired. Embleton, Hitchen, O'Keefe cannot yet hold down a NL reserve berth so far too soon. Wallinger very unreliable so would advise to keep away. 

Think Coles & Ruddick could do a job, likewise Edwards & Jenkins but they will be in high demand, Luke Harris could prove to be a handy choice but otherwise its Phillips unless Newcastle are bold and ignore the 2.00 option. 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Of those listed above:

mature JPB didn't happen and he retired. (Last heard he was injured in car accident so get well soon). Cockle also retired. Embleton, Hitchen, O'Keefe cannot yet hold down a NL reserve berth so far too soon. Wallinger very unreliable so would advise to keep away. 

Think Coles & Ruddick could do a job, likewise Edwards & Jenkins but they will be in high demand, Luke Harris could prove to be a handy choice but otherwise its Phillips unless Newcastle are bold and ignore the 2.00 option. 

Not strictly true.  When Josh joined Birmingham he was there for the rest of the season, but I wouldn't argue that it's too soon for Championship.

Hopefully he will get a team spot in the NL for 2019.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Of those listed above:

Got to be honest I wasn't sure about any of them, most were just local youngsters that came to mind and others were big shots and experienced NL riders... The thought of Connor Coles is more and more appealing to me the more I think of it, in this weaker league, he already knows the track, give him another shot I say... Similarly Luke Ruddick, he's ridden Brough in the NJL and I think he's a very solid, young rider...

Wasn't sure whether JPB rode still like and as you say, get well soon... Also good luck to James Cockle, didn't realise he'd retired either... Embleton, Hitchen, O'Keefe (All young, local options, wasn't sure of any of them tbh) Wallinger imo still looks an ok shout and as you say, Edwards and Jenkins will be hard to get...

The 2.00 option looks pretty desperate for Newcastle and I think whoever we sign there could make or break our season... Connor Coles seems best to me right now, although I'll probably think different later xD Thoughts?

Have to agree that Coles looks to be one of the better 2.00ers that is slightly under the radar, he has certainly upped his preparation and approach over the past couple of years. He should land a NL place somewhere too which is not a certainty with some of the others listed and those extra rides could be vital for confidence.

You can count Rene Bach out.apparently he used most of his leave from his job in Denmark to race for the comets in 2018 and with his partner due to give birth to his baby in march/April most of his leave for 2019 will be used up on that when the little one comes along.

Is there gonna be any news of a signing anytime soon,  it's looking like we are gonna be last out the blocks again with most teams announcing new rider's.  Need a bit of good news please 

37 minutes ago, Mentalmik said:

Is there gonna be any news of a signing anytime soon,  it's looking like we are gonna be last out the blocks again with most teams announcing new rider's.  Need a bit of good news please 

Maybe Newcastle are waiting until the Christmas disco to announce any assemblance of a team, with many there being in 'high spirits',,, it might all seem/sound ok ;)