British Speedway Forum

I’m struggling to think who we could get in for to fill the team.

Erik Riss, Kyle Newman, Ricky Wells, Nathan Grieves, Aaron Summers, NBJ, Matej Kus 

we probably won’t get one of them be more like Lindgren, Wilkinson etc 

18 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

I’m struggling to think who we could get in for to fill the team.

Erik Riss, Kyle Newman, Ricky Wells, Nathan Grieves, Aaron Summers, NBJ, Matej Kus 

we probably won’t get one of them be more like Lindgren, Wilkinson etc 

Might manage to talk Robbo out of retirement ?

What about Palm-Toft, rides Brough well.

Would be good to have Wells. Gutted Ash has gone, thought he was nailed on to come back.

19 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

What about Palm-Toft, rides Brough well.

Would be good to have Wells. Gutted Ash has gone, thought he was nailed on to come back.

Palm-Toft would be a good signing 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Might manage to talk Robbo out of retirement ?

Please be true...Robson, Pijper, Wilkinson and Kus would be perfect for the Greyhounds...:D

3 hours ago, leander said:

Wow. A day of mega surprises for diamonds fans. Nike Lunna signed. Where did that come from. Never expected that.

Ash gone. GUTTED! Maybe a bigger surprise than the Lunna signing. Had him nailed on as a dead cert for 2019 diamonds. Really disappointed he's chose to go elsewhere.

Tero to Workington. Whilst possibly not as big a surprise, again a dissapointment. Not sure where our team building goes now., last years's engine room has been ripped out.

Don't forget that with fixed nights in the PL being mon and Thursday, it is still attractive to get any PL rider to double up without worrying about fixture conflicts. There must be a few with dual averages making some of them bargain signings.

23 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Please be true...Robson, Pijper, Wilkinson and Kus would be perfect for the Greyhounds...:D

Run along son, or you'll be late in the morning for school.

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Run along son, or you'll be late in the morning for school.

Haha :rofl: Silver surfers staying up late, don't forget ya medication... 

3 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

'Agent Pijper' to Berwick would be my guess. Robson retired.

Think you will be correct about Wilko and Kus. Both can win races, so I don't think these are joke signings as you seem to...?

Would love to see Lewis Rose in the team - too much talent not to have another go at speedway IMHO.

Edited by PaulS
  • Like 1

Interesting to see Tomas H Jonasson looking for uk rides... Presumably for PL though? Or would he stoop down low enough to ride in the Championship? :O Naaah... Bargain on a 6.96 average though (I think, 2017 PL average converted by 1.5) if someone could persuade him... Baby Bjerre, Summers and NBJ would be nice signings too... Different...

7 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Maybe if they keep riding for long enough there might be a point where they're so old that Redcar can actually overtake them.and not win a wooden spoon for a change?

9 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Interesting to see Tomas H Jonasson looking for uk rides... Presumably for PL though? Or would he stoop down low enough to ride in the Championship? :O Naaah... Bargain on a 6.96 average though (I think, 2017 PL average converted by 1.5) if someone could persuade him... Baby Bjerre, Summers and NBJ would be nice signings too... Different...

THJ comes with a reputation, him not me, as does Baby Bjerre, I doubt George would want their disruptive influence in the pits IMHO.  (but nothing would surprise me) Summers and NBJ will be at Berwick I would guess. You need to look further afield I would suggest for your different riders... Newcastle will look very different this year from previous years and not before time as the place needed a change of face and freshened up. Luna is a good start and last year the promotion pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat with Matty Wethers who I for one had serious doubts about but fair play to Matty he proved me (and many others) wrong. I am sure there will be one or two more surprises on the way. Kasper Lykke maybe as a second string as we have not seen him for a couple of seasons and he was another rider who George used as a guest in times gone by.

Its the big hitter who will be the big surprise I would suggest; and whats the odds on Ricky Wells? As he is another who always goes well at Brough and if Edinburgh do not use him he may be a viable option

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dandelion said:

They certainly wouldn`t persuade him to ride for a Sunday team. He will be riding for Pila in Poland

20 hours ago, Mentalmik said:

I've asked tero if his polish commitment wud stop a return to the Diamonds and he said not at all

'cos riders will tell supporters what they want to hear.

• Like 2