British Speedway Forum

welcome to the club max clegg 

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

The rest, either

Ludde, Kus, Lawson and Phillips, or

Ludde, Kus, Bjerre and Wilko.

I doubt Bjerre will be one (pity you didn't mean Kenneth!!), he  doesn't do Brough very well.

I'd also doubt Lawson will head this far north for a team-spot.

With the 3.17 (providing I've got that right) for Max C(with his 2.5% reduction), I think that leaves us with 23.80 (depending if Matty W gets a reduction or not, as that seems a grey area!  If he does we have 23.95).

Welcome Max.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I doubt Bjerre will be one (pity you didn't mean Kenneth!!), he  doesn't do Brough very well.

I'd also doubt Lawson will head this far north for a team-spot.

With the 3.17 (providing I've got that right) for Max C(with his 2.5% reduction), I think that leaves us with 23.80 (depending if Matty W gets a reduction or not, as that seems a grey area!  If he does we have 23.95).

Welcome Max.

Erik Riss ?

2 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

I was told Richard Lawson is off to Eastbourne. Does Erik Riss ride in Poland?

I think he is the Riss brother that rides long track. I would like him, and remember he had a higher average that Wells last year so that says something. He also rode very well at the 4's. Bit high at 8.58 to fit in though.

I think you can assume Danny on a 2.00, that would leave 38.00 - 25.95 = 12.05 for the last 3 riders. Ludde or Kus and another 2 pointer plus about a 4 pointer to finish the team off. Pretty difficult to get a good balanced team with such a low team points total but at least it's the same for everyone.  

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think he is the Riss brother that rides long track. I would like him, and remember he had a higher average that Wells last year so that says something. He also rode very well at the 4's. Bit high at 8.58 to fit in though.

I think you can assume Danny on a 2.00, that would leave 38.00 - 25.95 = 12.05 for the last 3 riders. Ludde or Kus and another 2 pointer plus about a 4 pointer to finish the team off. Pretty difficult to get a good balanced team with such a low team points total but at least it's the same for everyone.  

A think you need a new calculator Dave ;)

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think you need a new calculator Dave ;)

Hopefully it would make a 42.50 team come to 38.00 instead. :D

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I wouldn’t even go if that was the makings of out team plus Lindgren dropped us right in at at Workington how does he keep on getting chances at Newcastle has he got a hold on the club because what I have seen for the last 3 seasons is him getting worse and worse. 

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Hopefully it would make a 42.50 team come to 38.00 instead. :D

Unfortunately it's making a 38.00 team come to 42!!!!!! :shock:

If (and it's a big IF as I'm not so sure Danny is nailed on for Newcastle) we sign Danny on a 2.00 then we have about 21.4 for the final three. Three 7 pointers (ish) though I've no idea where we'd find those. A tad more than your 12 Dave. Thankfully!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He was World Longtrack Champ but gave up long track to concentrate on speedway.No doubt he will return one day.Reckon Kings Lynn this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leander said:

If (and it's a big IF as I'm not so sure Danny is nailed on for Newcastle) we sign Danny on a 2.00 then we have about 21.4 for the final three. Three 7 pointers (ish) though I've no idea where we'd find those. A tad more than your 12 Dave. Thankfully!

Maybe its not Dave's calculator that is broken,,, possibly just 'operator error' ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leander said:

Got the sum the wrong way round with what we had used up, and what we had left. :shock:    So it's Ludde , Kus and Palovaaro plus Danny then. :rolleyes:

Incidently, tonight in the RonnieGill, Martin is quoted as saying him and George were currently talking to a top Championship no 1. It seems like all the no 1's are taken so I wonder if the option of an already signed Premier rider is under consideration, as long as he doesn't ride in Poland of course. Plenty of time to get decent riders, and looking forward to the Xmas Party on the 22nd December at the PTE club. Tickets £8 ordered through the email address quoted on the Diamonds website. Pay by PayPal.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got the sum the wrong way round with what we had used  up, and what we had left. :shock:    So it's Ludde , Kus and Palovaaro plus Danny then.

but that would still leave us well under 38, (2+),,, so maybe swap Phillips for Wilko.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got the sum the wrong way round with what we had used up, and what we had left. :shock:    So it's Ludde , Kus and Palovaaro plus Danny then. :rolleyes:

Incidently, tonight in the RonnieGill, Martin is quoted as saying him and George were currently talking to a top Championship no 1. It seems like all the no 1's are taken so I wonder if the option of an already signed Premier rider is under consideration, as long as he doesn't ride in Poland of course. Plenty of time to get decent riders, and looking forward to the Xmas Party on the 22nd December at the PTE club. Tickets £8 ordered through the email address quoted on the Diamonds website. Pay by PayPal.

If it says Championship no.1, surely it means Championship and not Premier Dave :unsure:

I can only think of Summers, Riss, Lawson, N Morris, Bach, Wright, Barker,MPT and yuor mate TJ (Tomas Jorgenson, not THJ or TJHughes) Dave ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1