British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, InfinitiDiamonds said:

Hello new to forum. Got back in to speedway in 2017 season after a too long brake think it was about 1994 when I stopped. Left school went to collage found girls had family now I am back 

Enjoyed reading through the last 23 pages thought I say hi 

I see season tickets are now up for sale today 

Thanks for reading 

Alan

Just seen the pricing structure for 2019 & in my opinion it is NOT value for money at any level, weather that be paying on the gate or so called season tickets that only covers 17 meetings RIP OFF!

How can any club justify prices like these when the whole league has been watered down as much as it now has is beyond me?

I am aware for the last several seasons we have not been the dearest but equally we have not been the strongest team in the league either by results or standard of riders because of finances or Poland etc.

But when you look at the standard of the sport for the prices no wonder crowds are falling right across the sport, any thoughts!!    

Evening Alan, and welcome to the pleasuredome.

Thanks for the news about the STs. It’s always good to get them early, makes the season seem that bit closer. 

Be interested in your predictions for how the team will line up; you’ll have seen that some have already had a go.

Oh, and be careful of some on here. @ruffdiamond is renowned for playing, Er, rough and watch out for that @Dandelion, she bites ;-)

2 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Just seen the pricing structure for 2019 & in my opinion it is NOT value for money at any level, weather that be paying on the gate or so called season tickets that only covers 17 meetings RIP OFF!

How can any club justify prices like these when the whole league has been watered down as much as it now has is beyond me?

I am aware for the last several seasons we have not been the dearest but equally we have not been the strongest team in the league either by results or standard of riders because of finances or Poland etc.

But when you look at the standard of the sport for the prices no wonder crowds are falling right across the sport, any thoughts!!    

Good points but at this stage of the game (end of days, if we’re not careful) getting a season ticket is as much about easing cash flow and a gesture of support as anything else.

VFM doesn’t really come into it and I imagine the prices are set to reflect the envisaged costs. A twin spearhead of Rene and Aaron (I wish) won’t be cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Good points but at this stage of the game (end of days, if we’re not careful) getting a season ticket is as much about easing cash flow and a gesture of support as anything else.

VFM doesn’t really come into it and I imagine the prices are set to reflect the envisaged costs. A twin spearhead of Rene and Aaron (I wish) won’t be cheap. 

For those prices I want a team full of riders like that and no use of RR etc!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

If the Aaron you are expecting is of the Summers variety I'm afraid you will be sadly disappointed as he has signed for Berwick

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If the Aaron you are expecting is of the Summers vsriety I'm afraid you will be sadly disappointed as he has signed for Berwick

Regards 

THJ 

Righto, thank you, onwards and upwards...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Evening Alan, and welcome to the pleasuredome.

Thanks for the news about the STs. It’s always good to get them early, makes the season seem that bit closer. 

Be interested in your predictions for how the team will line up; you’ll have seen that some have already had a go.

Oh, and be careful of some on here. @ruffdiamond is renowned for playing, Er, rough and watch out for that @Dandelion, she bites ;-)

Oi :angry: I don't bite... That's clearly Errr... Ruff :rolleyes:

I think even if the league is 'watered down' in terms of name stature... We might get better value for money than before... As at the end of the day a race between 4 even matched amateurs would be better than a race of Jason Doyle Vs Ruff, Grumbler and Tsunami (Although that might actually be hilarious to watch xD) I don't watch speedway to see big name riders ride, I watch it to see 4 hard working lads give it their all to come first, and that's generally the entertainment value, to me anyway...

Was there rumours a few months back that the Gems would go National League? I know obviously that's not happening now, but it would be really cool to see a team of the likes of Josh Embleton, Danny Phillips and Ben Hopwood every other week at Brough with the Diamonds in between too... Back to speedway every weekend from March to October then...

• Like 3

I'm also warming to the idea of MPT leading our team next year, although every rider I've said that about immediately gets signed by someone else so maybe I should be quiet...

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I'm also warming to the idea of MPT leading our team next year, although every rider I've said that about immediately gets signed by someone else so maybe I should be quiet...

yes, maybe yourself & grumbler should !!!,,, and 'Tidal Wave Dave' too.

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Don't build you're hopes up he struggles to find anywhere North of Scotch Corner

welcome to the diamonds Thomas Jorgensen 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

welcome to the diamonds Thomas Jorgensen 

Kus, Palavaaro, Wilko next ???

9 hours ago, mike7164 said:

What do you mean the league has been watered down are you not looking forward to Craig Cook riding against Paco Castagna etc haha 

9 hours ago, mike7164 said:

So, the likes of Stevie Worrall, Robert Lambert and Stuart Robson don't cut it for you then? :rolleyes:

Just about every club (to have announced their admission prices so far) have bumped their prices up for next season, so we are in-line with everybdy else (as I said, so far).

If you think that the season ticket price (and, I have to admit I haven't really studied ours, or anyone else's) is a rip off, then the answer to that is quite simple and I'm sure you can work that one out for yourself!!

The league may have been "watered down" but teams appear to have built with a weaker lower-end and still the top guys, i.e. Cook, both Worralls etc., are still getting a place in the 2nd tier, so I think it's still decent value.

Please note, I am not having a go! It's just my opinion, something I have always tried to do on here if I happen to disagree with someone.

• Like 2

Assuming you attend all 17 home meetings, it works out at a discount of £2 per meeting based on adult ticket prices. Additional meetings at £10 per adult. Seems fair to me. Obviously if you can't attend 17 meetings it isn't so good, but then that's always been the case. Personally I reckon its good value for money.