British Speedway Forum

If you buy a season ticket and go to all meetings, you save £34. It might not seem a lot, but its an over 10% saving and, if you could get 10% off everything you ever bought, I think thats a decent deal. If you can't get to all meetings, give your ticket to a friend (if you have one),,, then they can owe you a favour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Kus, Palavaaro, Wilko next ???

kus,palavaaro,hume ???

eric riss ???

Edited by diamonds7
  • Like 1

On Friday, December 07, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Tsunami said:

Yes, that was the same circumstances last year, but as THJ suggests in the previous post, he then proceeded  to mess people around, signing and unsigning and eventually got picked by Redcar. Too fickle to deal with.

On Saturday, December 08, 2018 at 7:46 PM, Tsunami said:

, I really couldn't care about my mate Tomas J.  Hope he goes to Redcar actually.  ;)

Well said Dave :t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

So, the likes of Stevie Worrall, Robert Lambert and Stuart Robson don't cut it for you then? :rolleyes:

Just about every club (to have announced their admission prices so far) have bumped their prices up for next season, so we are in-line with everybdy else (as I said, so far).

If you think that the season ticket price (and, I have to admit I haven't really studied ours, or anyone else's) is a rip off, then the answer to that is quite simple and I'm sure you can work that one out for yourself!!

The league may have been "watered down" but teams appear to have built with a weaker lower-end and still the top guys, i.e. Cook, both Worralls etc., are still getting a place in the 2nd tier, so I think it's still decent value.

Please note, I am not having a go! It's just my opinion, something I have always tried to do on here if I happen to disagree with someone.

In response to your post I never totally blamed the riders hence I was kind of expecting some on here to say that which was why I said results etc!:rolleyes:

I also included that in more recent times we have not been the dearest club, however we and as a sport now and then are/were far to expensive  so you have your opinion fair enough I accept it you must do so with mine!

As I said earlier it is a RIP OFF IMHO! 

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

What do you mean the league has been watered down are you not looking forward to Craig Cook riding against Paco Castagna etc haha 

38 paint limit far a start? same riders week after week team guesting? riders availability due to Poland etc!

However if you think its ok then I am glad for you!!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

So, the likes of Stevie Worrall, Robert Lambert and Stuart Robson don't cut it for you then? :rolleyes:

Just about every club (to have announced their admission prices so far) have bumped their prices up for next season, so we are in-line with everybdy else (as I said, so far).

If you think that the season ticket price (and, I have to admit I haven't really studied ours, or anyone else's) is a rip off, then the answer to that is quite simple and I'm sure you can work that one out for yourself!!

The league may have been "watered down" but teams appear to have built with a weaker lower-end and still the top guys, i.e. Cook, both Worralls etc., are still getting a place in the 2nd tier, so I think it's still decent value.

Please note, I am not having a go! It's just my opinion, something I have always tried to do on here if I happen to disagree with someone.

Good point Steve.Everyone is obviously in different financial positions. Supporters will pick and choose their meetings and it's their choice but I think the team we are putting together up to now looks competitive. We all need to get behind the club as much as possible to keep speedway going at Newcastle for the long term. Some on here won't realise what they had if the sport is lost.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

Don't build you're hopes up he struggles to find anywhere North of Scotch Corner

Matej Zagar used to have the same problem. :shock::D

The signing of Jorgensen is not one that I would have gone for and don't think he will get the fans flocking back but we will have to see.  So we have Wethers, Clegg, Jorgensen and Lunna with 3 left to go.  Will be interesting to see who they are, no disrespect but hoping they are not Phillips (tried that route and it didn't work and I don't think he has improved as a rider) or Lindgren (needs a year away from Newcastle, feel he has gone stale).  Top riders left appear to be Palm-Toft and Erik Riss, both of whom preform well around Brough, chances of getting both of them?? probably remote, but would like to get at least one.  Baby Bjerre might be a good shout as George maybe able to sort him out, you never know.

Looking forward to news of the next signing, I think the next 2 are make or break and feel they will determine whether we challenge or are also rans, Somerset already look strong contenders and potentially nailed on for the top spot, but speedway is a funny old game and you never can tell.

Onwards to the next signing and 2019 our anniversary year. :t:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mike7164 said:

38 paint limit far a start? same riders week after week team guesting? riders availability due to Poland etc!

With not choosing riders who also ride in Poland, and not riding on the exclusive days for Premier league meetings, should mean that we should be seeing the same riders every week, but riding for their own team. This is what people wanted for this year as there should be little or no doubling up. Other teams turning up a guest because of a rider in Poland is out of the hands of the Newcastle promotion, but should be at a minimum.

Does this new interest in Newcastle mean you are returning to Brough or continuing to stay away ?  Better be quick and get you season ticket tho.

3 hours ago, mike7164 said:

I was being sarcastic mate apologies if it didn’t come across that way.

• Like 1

Michael Palm Toft

Nike Lunna 5.63
Matej Kus 5.63
Matthew Wethers 5.78
Thomas Jorgensen 7.66
Max Clegg 3.17
2.00er 2.00

?????

Really glad to see a rider like Thomas sign for us, very unexpected tbh but glad :t:Welcome... And please can Tsunami and you hug and make up, or I fear for these threads... Tsunami waves will come... :blink:

With Nike, Thomas and Matthew in the team, there are some proper entertainers already, maybe our management treating riders so well is getting around the grapevine :)

As the article on the Newcastle website describes TJ as our new number one on several occasions you can take it as read we wont be signing MPT or Riss or any other higher averaged rider. It also suggests the club know who the other riders are and probably means Ludde and Kus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brough Diamond said:

As the article on the Newcastle website describes TJ as our new number one on several occasions you can take it as read we wont be signing MPT or Riss or any other higher averaged rider. It also suggests the club know who the other riders are and probably means Ludde and Kus. 

Which would leave just over 4 (4.04 I think) for the last rider. Wilko (3.96 - 2,5%= 3.86) perhaps?

Edited by StevePark
Wilko's average

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Michael Palm Toft

Nike Lunna 5.63
Matej Kus 5.63
Matthew Wethers 5.78
Thomas Jorgensen 7.66
Max Clegg 3.17
2.00er 2.00

?????

Really glad to see a rider like Thomas sign for us, very unexpected tbh but glad :t:Welcome... And please can Tsunami and you hug and make up, or I fear for these threads... Tsunami waves will come... :blink:

With Nike, Thomas and Matthew in the team, there are some proper entertainers already, maybe our management treating riders so well is getting around the grapevine :)

Ha Ha.   Once a rider signs for the Diamonds, thats exactly what he is, Our Diamond. Hope the contract is signed, sealed, and already been logged with the BSPA. Must admit I am surprised at this signing, but at least it's starting again, and giving us a new look and a new approach. Be impatient now to see who the 3 riders are. I'm assuming Danny on a 2, and that makes just over 13.76 for the remaining 2. Interesting that if Danny is signed he would ride with Max and resume their partnership that started their league debuts at Scunny many years ago. Looking forward to it. Perhaps one more to be announced before the Xmas Party, and the last one at the Party ?. £8 per ticket for the PTE Club, Tickets can be purchased via the info@ link on the club's website. Get you tickets early as the last couple were very near sellouts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Michael Palm Toft

Nike Lunna 5.63
Matej Kus 5.63
Matthew Wethers 5.78
Thomas Jorgensen 7.66
Max Clegg 3.17
2.00er 2.00

?????

It won't be Michael Palm Toft. However you have got TJ. He's a hard, aggressive, rider, with good machinery and if he settles on the Brough track, will do a great job for the wonkies. However, it will be interesting, to see what happens, if TJ  establishes himself, in the Gdansk team.