British Speedway Forum

55 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Which would leave just over 4 (4.04 I think) for the last rider. Wilko (3.96 - 2,5%= 3.86) perhaps?

If we have 15.77 left, Ludde & Kus will use up about 12.10, so 3.67 left.

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Michael Palm Toft

Nike Lunna 5.63
Matej Kus 5.63
Matthew Wethers 5.78
Thomas Jorgensen 7.66
Max Clegg 3.17
2.00er 2.00

?????

Really glad to see a rider like Thomas sign for us, very unexpected tbh but glad :t:Welcome... And please can Tsunami and you hug and make up, or I fear for these threads... Tsunami waves will come... :blink:

With Nike, Thomas and Matthew in the team, there are some proper entertainers already, maybe our management treating riders so well is getting around the grapevine :)

Think MPT has accepted a better offer elsewhere... 

7 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Matej Zagar used to have the same problem. :shock::D

The signing of Jorgensen is not one that I would have gone for and don't think he will get the fans flocking back but we will have to see.  So we have Wethers, Clegg, Jorgensen and Lunna with 3 left to go.  Will be interesting to see who they are, no disrespect but hoping they are not Phillips (tried that route and it didn't work and I don't think he has improved as a rider) or Lindgren (needs a year away from Newcastle, feel he has gone stale).  Top riders left appear to be Palm-Toft and Erik Riss, both of whom preform well around Brough, chances of getting both of them?? probably remote, but would like to get at least one.  Baby Bjerre might be a good shout as George maybe able to sort him out, you never know.

Looking forward to news of the next signing, I think the next 2 are make or break and feel they will determine whether we challenge or are also rans, Somerset already look strong contenders and potentially nailed on for the top spot, but speedway is a funny old game and you never can tell.

Onwards to the next signing and 2019 our anniversary year. :t:

I fear you may be disappointed. Last year the diamonds primary team sponsors would have liked Danny in the team, but the lack of an available out and out number 1 mean't we would have been woefully weak, so they relented. They just helped to make him a Newcastle asset instead! Assuming they are still on board this year then it is likely that that position hasn't changed. i don't have a problem with that. Last year Danny was recovering from a bad leg injury. granted he struggled at Scunthorpe, but so do a lot of others. He did reasonably ok riding for Coventry. Plus it would appear the the majority of teams this year have 2.00 pointers at the bottom end, and I would fancy Danny to get the better of most, particularly around Brough.

With Danny we would have 13.77 for the last two. If we can get near that with the last two riders we'd be looking as good as most others.

Thought Matej had signed for Krakow in Poland next year. (The same team as Tero).

8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

With not choosing riders who also ride in Poland, and not riding on the exclusive days for Premier league meetings, should mean that we should be seeing the same riders every week, but riding for their own team. This is what people wanted for this year as there should be little or no doubling up. Other teams turning up a guest because of a rider in Poland is out of the hands of the Newcastle promotion, but should be at a minimum.

Does this new interest in Newcastle mean you are returning to Brough or continuing to stay away ?  Better be quick and get you season ticket tho.

Dave I accept what you are saying regarding riders however I am however not just saying that about riders riding for us but also apposing teams too!

New interest?  I have never and will never stopped supporting the team but sadly the only meeting I am aiming to attend in 2019 at Brough will be the Stuy one if they have one.

I hope this answers your questions.  

7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I was being sarcastic mate apologies if it didn’t come across that way.

No problem sorry if I offended you too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

Which would leave just over 4 (4.04 I think) for the last rider. Wilko (3.96 - 2,5%= 3.86) perhaps?

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

If we have 15.77 left, Ludde & Kus will use up about 12.10, so 3.67 left.

I make it as 3,13? :blink: But if it is 3.67 or 4.04 Carl Wilkinson please, or Danyon Hume if Wilko doesn't fit, would like to have seen Tom Bacon? Maybe Kus, Bacon and 5.05 left (I think) Which means someone like Grondal, M.Riss, Wajtknecht or Shanes (dreaming) can be our last rider, leaving Bacon and Clegg at reserve (Very strong) With a decent number 1 in TJ and a very entertaining rest of team with Nike, Matej, Matty finishing our team off

1. Thomas Jorgensen

2. (Grondal, Riss, Wajtknecht, Shanes?)

3. Nike Lunna

4. Matthew Wethers

5. Matej Kus

6. Tom Bacon

7. Max Clegg

Dream on...

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Ha Ha.   Once a rider signs for the Diamonds, thats exactly what he is, Our Diamond. Hope the contract is signed, sealed, and already been logged with the BSPA. Must admit I am surprised at this signing, but at least it's starting again, and giving us a new look and a new approach. Be impatient now to see who the 3 riders are. I'm assuming Danny on a 2, and that makes just over 13.76 for the remaining 2. Interesting that if Danny is signed he would ride with Max and resume their partnership that started their league debuts at Scunny many years ago. Looking forward to it. Perhaps one more to be announced before the Xmas Party, and the last one at the Party ?. £8 per ticket for the PTE Club, Tickets can be purchased via the info@ link on the club's website. Get you tickets early as the last couple were very near sellouts.

Glad you're willing to see Thomas for the rider he is and are willing to support him, I have to say, I don't think he was the most popular man on Tyneside at one point, but I'm sure all that will be put behind us when he starts banging in the points for us...

5 hours ago, sidewinder said:

It won't be Michael Palm Toft. However you have got TJ. He's a hard, aggressive, rider, with good machinery and if he settles on the Brough track, will do a great job for the wonkies. However, it will be interesting, to see what happens, if TJ  establishes himself, in the Gdansk team.

I do like Thomas' style, seems like a very solid rider who gives 110% always... Very similar to MPT, just with a smaller average so I'm even happier, just never saw him signing for us in a million years...

3 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Think MPT has accepted a better offer elsewhere... 

Nowhere better ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Michael Palm Toft

Nike Lunna 5.63
Matej Kus 5.63
Matthew Wethers 5.78
Thomas Jorgensen 7.66
Max Clegg 3.17
2.00er 2.00

?????

Really glad to see a rider like Thomas sign for us, very unexpected tbh but glad :t:Welcome... And please can Tsunami and you hug and make up, or I fear for these threads... Tsunami waves will come... :blink:

With Nike, Thomas and Matthew in the team, there are some proper entertainers already, maybe our management treating riders so well is getting around the grapevine :)

I very much doubt Matej will be back! 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

THJ comes with a reputation, him not me, as does Baby Bjerre, I doubt George would want their disruptive influence in the pits IMHO.  (but nothing would surprise me) Summers and NBJ will be at Berwick I would guess. You need to look further afield I would suggest for your different riders... Newcastle will look very different this year from previous years and not before time as the place needed a change of face and freshened up. Luna is a good start and last year the promotion pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat with Matty Wethers who I for one had serious doubts about but fair play to Matty he proved me (and many others) wrong. I am sure there will be one or two more surprises on the way. Kasper Lykke maybe as a second string as we have not seen him for a couple of seasons and he was another rider who George used as a guest in times gone by.

Its the big hitter who will be the big surprise I would suggest; and whats the odds on Ricky Wells? As he is another who always goes well at Brough and if Edinburgh do not use him he may be a viable option

Regards
THJ

Honestly

What do I know? Thomas Jorgensen should not have been that big a surprise as Newcastle went after him last season; however looking at what is happening at Newcastle and the team being built; I feel it definitely has Martin Phillips DNA all over it and with Martins strong connections to Redcar I can see another surprise signing coming "left of field". I know there has been issues with Baby Bjerre (and George) in the past however I am strongly leaning towards his name as the next potential signing and especially with Tommy Gun landing in as you tend to find these Danes are becoming like Busses "you get one; then another one follows right behind". Then I would suggest Matej Kus to finish off the main body of the team with him being an asset, which leaves just over 3 points for a British No 7 (if Matty W. doesn't get a 2.5% reduction) the following is my final offering

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS    

1 Thomas Jorgensen 7.66   7.66
2 Lasse Bjerre  7.08   7.08
3 Matthew Wethers  5.78   5.78
4 Matej Kus  5.63   5.63
5 Nike Lunna  5.63   5.63
6 Max Clegg  3.25   3.17
7 A N Other 3.13   3.05

Total: 38.16   38.00

Remaining:     0.00

For the last spot I think Danny Phillips will be a shoe in however there is always Jack Smith who is a North York's lad and at 2.80 is possibly another name for the last place, however; and whatever way Martin jumps the team will definitely have a different look and feel about it in 2019 compared to last season and if it is "Young Phillips" who gets the nod for the final position the total will be 36.95 and nearly a point under the build limit

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 1

If as suggested by some that Phillips is in the team then both Bjerre and Lindgren would fit. 

13 hours ago, leander said:

I fear you may be disappointed. Last year the diamonds primary team sponsors would have liked Danny in the team, but the lack of an available out and out number 1 mean't we would have been woefully weak, so they relented. They just helped to make him a Newcastle asset instead! Assuming they are still on board this year then it is likely that that position hasn't changed. i don't have a problem with that. Last year Danny was recovering from a bad leg injury. granted he struggled at Scunthorpe, but so do a lot of others. He did reasonably ok riding for Coventry. Plus it would appear the the majority of teams this year have 2.00 pointers at the bottom end, and I would fancy Danny to get the better of most, particularly around Brough.

With Danny we would have 13.77 for the last two. If we can get near that with the last two riders we'd be looking as good as most others.

Thought Matej had signed for Krakow in Poland next year. (The same team as Tero).

I think you maybe correct re: Phillips.  My only issue is that he doesn't seem to be able to ride our track, always seems to get out of shape and never looks comfortable when on it, almost as though he is seeing it for the first time.  If the line up is as people think and Phillips and potentially Wilkinson at reserve, we are going to be relying heavily on Wilko in my opinion.

We will have to wait and see.

I can see lasse Bjerre and Phillips being two of the final three riders. Bjerre used to ride Brough well but not so great lately apart from the odd decent meeting. Maybe riding Brough as a home track will bring the best out of him as he has talent. Normally I wouldn't have Phillips but with the team average now being lowered he should hold his own against most reserves as most are really just NL riders.Probably be about 7 points left and if we fill that last place with another decent rider I'll be happy.

5 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I think you maybe correct re: Phillips.  My only issue is that he doesn't seem to be able to ride our track, always seems to get out of shape and never looks comfortable when on it, almost as though he is seeing it for the first time.  If the line up is as people think and Phillips and potentially Wilkinson at reserve, we are going to be relying heavily on Wilko in my opinion.

We will have to wait and see.

Last time Danny rode for Newcastle he was averaging nearly 6.00 at home before he got injured. Yes He didn't score many for Scunthorpe when they visited last year, but then again if he had he might have found the locks had been changed when he got home. :D

18 minutes ago, highside said:

How about Dan Bewley ?

Dan won't be fit for the start of the season, otherwise he'd be in Worky's 1 to 7. I don't think he can put weight on his injured leg yet.