British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, leander said:

Dan won't be fit for the start of the season, otherwise he'd be in Worky's 1 to 7. I don't think he can put weight on his injured leg yet.

Steve Lawson says different 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leander said:

Dan won't be fit for the start of the season, otherwise he'd be in Worky's 1 to 7. I don't think he can put weight on his injured leg yet.

4 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

9 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

Well worth a gamble even if it takes a couple of months to get fully fit. 

It depends if he would miss many meetings due to all the international commitments he's likely to have.

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It depends if he would miss many meetings due to all the international commitments he's likely to have.

Will be riding for Rybnik most Sunday's as well so you count him out.

I don't think his plans were ever to ride in the championship with having a pretty secure place in Poland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shearer09 said:

Just going by what Dan said in the Speedway star a few weeks ago. He said he was back on a pushbike but told not to put too much weight on his leg. 

Pleased he's making good progress though.

he may be back on a push bike , but has the saddle high and is peddling on one leg only . but a gusty wee fella . 

i think there was another reason why worky did not include him in their plans was because he would miss too many meetings for other things .

Will the final riders be announced on the 22nd? I can't wait to find out

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Will the final riders be announced on the 22nd? I can't wait to find out

I would hope so.

• Like 1

Lewis Rose has said he will not be returning to the sport.

Best wishes to him for the future and thanks for all your efforts whilst riding for the Diamonds.

He has said this on his Facebook page:
"So after a long time off from speedway this year after putting everything into it during last winter preparing I think was easy for people to see I wasn't enjoying riding at all . Was such a hard decision to stop at the time . But now after being away from speedway I've decided not to return to it .. I had a good crack at it during the 6 years met some great people and made some close friends. I had some great sponsors who I can't thank enough for what they did for me and for understanding my decision this year .. Work is going good I'm really keen and eager to get stuck into work making this new business a success and a good future for my family .. hopefully see yas about and keep.in touch with everyone.. but thanks again to everyone who helped me a long the way you all know who you are so thankyou

Lewis rose 822"

Edited by StevePark
added quote off Facebook
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I would hope so.

Hoping the promoters have got something up their sleeves Dave as af the moment we look to have missed the boat for the second season in a row?

All obvious options have gone elsewhere and if we fill the team with the usual suspects we’ll be down near the bottom again!

Most other teams have 3 established heatleaders (even Sunday teams) and we currently have one who isnt a lover of the smaller tracks. 

Martin said previously that riders had been in touch before last season was properly ended asking for places so I hope there are new faces in the offing.

The press releases up to now suggested the riders were surprised to sign for Newcastle - hope it wasnt purely because they had nowhere else to go?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brough Diamond said:

Hoping the promoters have got something up their sleeves Dave as af the moment we look to have missed the boat for the second season in a row?

All obvious options have gone elsewhere and if we fill the team with the usual suspects we’ll be down near the bottom again!

Most other teams have 3 established heatleaders (even Sunday teams) and we currently have one who isnt a lover of the smaller tracks. 

Martin said previously that riders had been in touch before last season was properly ended asking for places so I hope there are new faces in the offing.

The press releases up to now suggested the riders were surprised to sign for Newcastle - hope it wasnt purely because they had nowhere else to go?

I  hope your not suggesting that we have a team of riders that no-one else wants.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Shearer09 said:

So have Bell vue by signing him.

53 minutes ago, Gazc said:

So have Bell vue by signing him.

Yep..

Director of Speedway Mark Lemon confirmed the clubs five remaining 2019 Aces who complete a dynamic and competitive septet: Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley, Dimitri Berge, Ricky Wells and Jaimon Lidsey.