British Speedway Forum

Good luck to Lewis rose and thanks for a few seasons watching yourself.Looking forward  to the final 3 riders to be announced soon.

Well perhaps Ludvig being in the country could be an indicator to signing if not Newcastle maybe Birmingham? 

11 minutes ago, MrP said:

Well perhaps Ludvig being in the country could be an indicator to signing if not Newcastle maybe Birmingham? 

I think a new track, new challenge would do Lindgren the world of good, good for Newcastle to as he could come back in 2020 a better rider.

22 minutes ago, screm said:

I think a new track, new challenge would do Lindgren the world of good, good for Newcastle to as he could come back in 2020 a better rider.

its funny how people always say that ! maybe its true or just the way things pan out and the rider would prob have had a good season in that year anyhow .

Ludvig Lindgren, Lasse Bjerre and Connor Coles would be nice imo

1. Thomas Jorgensen   7.66

2. Nike Lunna                  5.63

3. Ludvig Lindgren          6.47

4. Matthew Wethers       5.78

5. Lasse Bjerre                 7.08

6. Max Clegg                    3.17

7. Connor Coles               2.00

Total:                                37.79

Got to admit, I'm pretty upset we missed out on Tero and Ashley, but Thomas Jorgensen and Nike Lunna are two very exciting prospects and I am looking forward to watching both of them over the next few years hopefully... Makes up for it imo... Of course Ludvig won't be a popular choice and not everyone will agree... But I think even in this slightly weaker league he will be a decent heat leader (At home) and very entertaining (At home) And the rest of the team is more than capable of carrying any of the other riders if they have an off night... Matthew is a very solid rider and came up brilliant for us last season... Very unexpected signing but I knew he would prove us all wrong... He's too consistent to do otherwise... Lasse Bjerre might not be in love with the Brough Park track, but his older brother certainly was (not that I got to see this happen :( ) and if he gets to ride it week in week out he will quickly come to grips with it I'm sure, with his talent... The reserve pairing of Max and Connor can't really get much stronger in this league, with such a low limit I think we should just be glad it ain't 2 2.00ers with zero experience, Max will definitely improve imo and if Connor rides like he did in 2018... He certainly will too... Next question would be... Who would be the captain?

Good luck with the future Lewis Rose... Wonder whether a promotion in desperation coming knocking made him release that statement? Or maybe he's just letting it be known publicly... What is his business, out of curiosity...

• Like 1

I don’t pretend to follow the NL closely but Coles was out of his depth when he was a Diamond. Has he improved a lot?

i assume Philips will take the other reserve berth anyway. Someone mentioned he averaged 6 at home when he was with us - I have to say I don’t recall him riding to that sort of average. 

As to the other two team places, well, if one is Ludde then I think that might speak volumes about how the team is being put together. That said, it’s the art of the possible and the promotion will be doing their best, I’m sure of that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I don’t pretend to follow the NL closely but Coles was out of his depth when he was a Diamond. Has he improved a lot?

i assume Philips will take the other reserve berth anyway. Someone mentioned he averaged 6 at home when he was with us - I have to say I don’t recall him riding to that sort of average. 

As to the other two team places, well, if one is Ludde then I think that might speak volumes about how the team is being put together. That said, it’s the art of the possible and the promotion will be doing their best, I’m sure of that. 

Connor Coles final NL average last season was 6.53.  In comparison, Danny P averaged 6.75.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Phillips home meetings 2017 = 4 (3xCL 1xTT)

16 +3 from 16 rides = 4.00/4.75(inc BP)

It's probably not feasible but 4.00 assessed for new foreign rider has to be tempting giving the weaker Championship. Of course you've got to find a good one. I vaguely remember Austin Novratil riding well for the USA dream team at Brough about 10 years ago and noticed he podiumed at the USA championship recently.  Starting at reserve could be a massive bonus, especially partnering Max Clegg who could be dominant.

Even 5.00 for a European newcomer might be worth a gamble but we seem to have lost those links and the better options are probably in  Poland on a Sunday.

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Phillips home meetings 2017 = 4 (3xCL 1xTT)

16 +3 from 16 rides = 4.00/4.75(inc BP)

The official BSPA website archive for 2017 shows Phillips  2M 8R 11+3 = 5.5 without BP 7.00 with.

The other two matches were pre-season challenges and his 8 rides in that included 3 falls (1 when 2nd on a 5-1 and 1 when 3rd.)

So it could have quite easily been 19+4 = 4.75/5.75

Edited by leander
further clarification

20 minutes ago, leander said:

The official BSPA website archive for 2017 shows Phillips  2M 8R 11+3 = 5.5 without BP 7.00 with.

Yeah, agree,,, but I recorded all matches.

so you could say he had that ave. in half his matches and, 2.5 in the other half ;)

but I would agree that he was looking ok up until his injury.

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, agree,,, but I recorded all matches.

so you could say he had that ave. in half his matches and, 2.5 in the other half ;)

Basically I would think he'd do ok around brough, particularly when you look at the bottom end of some other teams. Not so sure about away though.

Still I'd rather be in the position we are in than Eastbourne. They have 24+ for their last three, Rumoured to be Lawson, Kennett,  and Wajknecht which by my reckoning will only take them to about 36-36.5 ish Three sub 3.00 at the bottom meaning Alfie Bowtell is in the main body of the team.

I'd be happy if we could get a 7.0, a 5.0, and a 3.75 ish to complete the side.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, leander said:

Basically I would think he'd do ok around brough, particularly when you look at the bottom end of some other teams. Not so sure about away though.

Still I'd rather be in the position we are in than Eastbourne. They have 24+ for their last three, Rumoured to be Lawson, Kennett,  and Wajknecht which by my reckoning will only take them to about 36-36.5 ish Three sub 3.00 at the bottom meaning Alfie Bowtell is in the main body of the team.

I'd be happy if we could get a 7.0, a 5.0, and a 3.75 ish to complete the side.

Yeah, so would I,,, there'll probly be some gossip comes out of the Christmas Party :t:

or you could just ask Dave ;)

On 12/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, StevePark said:

It depends if he would miss many meetings due to all the international commitments he's likely to have.

Several of the reasons Workington did not sign Dan, if fit to start the season, has polish Swedish and possible Danish teams lined up along with belle vue, then world under 21, team U21 grand Prix qualifiers and any team GB commitments, so would be missing for over half of weekend fixtures, so I don't think he will be a diamond

• Thanks 1