British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

I make it 9.51 - Matty W 5.78 + Nike 5.63 + Max 3.17 + Thomas 7.66 + Victor 6.25 = 28.49

I used the teams thread on here which also shows the reductions. The post is at the top of this section.

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I used the teams thread on here which also shows the reductions. The post is at the top of this section.

You should'nt always trust someone else's work Dave ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You should'nt always trust someone else's work Dave ;)

True. The guy even got the  - 2.5% for Clegg wrong, so now going with Steve and 9.51 left for the two riders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

True. The guy even got the  - 2.5% for Clegg wrong, so now going with Steve and 9.51 left for the two riders. 

You might get a new calculator off Santy (with instructions) :t:

• Haha 1

This team is worse than last years (yes I appreciate the averages are lower) but no matter who the last two are it’s not a team I would pay to watch.  Year after year they dumb the sport down and expect us to keep paying for it, then start crying about low crowds. Come the end of the season “big changes” are going to be made at the AGM and guess what, they reduce the averages again to cut costs and ultimately cut the entertainment.  The fact that people are wanting Danny Philips in the team when the lad couldn’t score a point all season reaffirms my point “oh the league is weaker so he will be ok”. Who wants to pay to see him ride round for laps when he’s had enough chances.   The Sport is dead! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

This team is worse than last years (yes I appreciate the averages are lower) but no matter who the last two are it’s not a team I would pay to watch.  Year after year they dumb the sport down and expect us to keep paying for it, then start crying about low crowds. Come the end of the season “big changes” are going to be made at the AGM and guess what, they reduce the averages again to cut costs and ultimately cut the entertainment.  The fact that people are wanting Danny Philips in the team when the lad couldn’t score a point all season reaffirms my point “oh the league is weaker so he will be ok”. Who wants to pay to see him ride round for laps when he’s had enough chances.   The Sport is dead! 

Dinosaur by name Dinosaur by nature give the lad a chance , i would quite happily pay to watch you try and complete a lap before he does four

• Like 6

Where things are at potentially and more importantly if reports are true!!!

1 Thomas Jorgensen 7.66   7.66
2 Lasse Bjerre  7.08   7.08
3 Victor Palovaara 6.25   6.25
4 Matthew Wethers  5.78   5.78
5 Nike Lunna  5.63   5.63
6 Max Clegg  3.25   3.17
7 A N Other 2.49   2.43

Total: 38.14   38.00

Remaining:     0.00

This will leave 2.49 for the last place if a Brit with the 2.5% reduction applied or 2.43 if the reduction cannot be used

Looking at it I think Danny Phillips could be a sensible choice. He was starting to get the hang of Brough when he was last in the team before he got injured and with him being picked up to ride for the Belle Vue Colts next season; the contrasts between the two tracks should give him the opportunity to kick on in 2019 and develop his speedway/racing education.

He is confident enough and has the belief in himself and his own ability and whilst I don't think he will be a 7 point plus rider next year (would love to be proved wrong) he does still have a lot of potential. In 2017 before he got injured his average was up to 4.75; now granted he had only had 4 meetings (2H:2A) before he got injured; but if he ends next year on 4.75 (more than doubling his current average) it would be considered as a successful season (wouldn't it?)

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dinosaur said:

Lunna, Palovaara, Jorgensen, Clegg and Matty W will entertain, I am sure of that. They give 100% every race.  Just because they've cut the team  averages down, it doesn't mean that the entertainment factor will be reduced.  That is just a silly, sweeping comment, in my opinion.

• Like 5

Ben Hopwood 2.40 is the best choice imo

Also, just because the league is weaker, doesn't mean it'll be less entertaining... You could get 4 wobblers and the still have an entertaining 50 pass race, but a race against the top 4 in the world could just be gate and go...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Ben Hopwood 2.40 is the best choice imo

Also, just because the league is weaker, doesn't mean it'll be less entertaining... You could get 4 wobblers and the still have an entertaining 50 pass race, but a race against the top 4 in the world could just be gate and go...

Hopwood is yet to land a NL place and very limited options left for him, may be an issue if signed as would be more race rusty than other reserves.

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hopwood is yet to land a NL place and very limited options left for him, may be an issue if signed as would be more race rusty than other reserves.

There's plenty of time for him to get fixed up and get stacks of rides during the winter. He has already ridden for us a couple of years ago so is no stranger to the place and had a few critical rides.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There's plenty of time for him to get fixed up and get stacks of rides during the winter. He has already ridden for us a couple of years ago so is no stranger to the place and had a few critical rides.

Certainly don't debate that he could do a job and knows his way around the track but with on 3 NL clubs that could accommodate him and in reality 1 space at each club so needs one of 3 spots available. Assuming his injury from last year has healed up (which it should have done).

31 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly don't debate that he could do a job and knows his way around the track but with on 3 NL clubs that could accommodate him and in reality 1 space at each club so needs one of 3 spots available. Assuming his injury from last year has healed up (which it should have done).

Still got time to get fixed up and also get a lot of rides in before the season starts. Soon know but on Saturday night, when the last 2 members are announced. 

• Like 1