British Speedway Forum

So the team lines up as follows before the big night... Our two final riders to be announced tomorrow... Fill in the blanks

1. Thomas Jorgensen 7.66

2. Nike Lunna                5.63

3. Victor Palovaara       6.25 (correct average, I got it wrong the other day, 5.80 was his average before he signed for Edinburgh last year)

4. Matthew Wethers     5.78

6. Max Clegg                  3.17

9.51 left... Who will the blanks be?

Danny Phillips and Lasse Bjerre seem the popular choices, but who knows... I still think we have a decent looking team, might not look the strongest on paper, but I am really looking forward to watching the Diamonds next year, with a lot of new faces and a lot of entertainers... Watching Nike Lunna fly around the outside will be reminicent of watch Rene Bach back in the 2010/2011 seasons... Maybe Rene can be that blank at 5? Maybe he needs money to look after his kid, and speedway is the best way he can make it...

• Like 1

Lunna will be fantastic to watch which will be tempered by watching Phillips if he replicates hisform at scunny 

Would go for something like jan gravesen 4.62 and mark Riss 4.84 =9.46

22 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Lunna will be fantastic to watch which will be tempered by watching Phillips if he replicates hisform at scunny 

I like Danny, he rode well for us the season before... I just fear his injury has taken it out of him tbh... Sad really :( Young British rider, career knocked back like that and all people can do is take the p!ss out of him... If it happened to someone like *cough* Dan Bewley... Everyone would be devastated... I know Bewley is probably on for bigger and better things anyway, but it's the same principal... And just to let you know Phil, this isn't directed at you so much, it's directed at anyone else who spat on him while he was down...

19 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Would go for something like jan gravesen 4.62 and mark Riss 4.84 =9.46

Problem is then, who would our number 5 be? Nike? Victor? I think we do need a second big rider in the team, like Lasse or similar... Which leaves us with just a reserve place to fill... And I do like Ben Hopwood :) Even before he signed for us... Enjoyed watching him in the NL, seems very solid and gives 110%... And has already experienced Brough

Surely Danny should be worth a punt on a 2.00,,,, if it doesn't work out, there's always the shop.;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

So the team lines up as follows before the big night... Our two final riders to be announced tomorrow... Fill in the blanks

1. Thomas Jorgensen 7.66

2. Nike Lunna                5.63

3. Victor Palovaara       6.25 (correct average, I got it wrong the other day, 5.80 was his average before he signed for Edinburgh last year)

4. Matthew Wethers     5.78

6. Max Clegg                  3.17

9.51 left... Who will the blanks be?

Danny Phillips and Lasse Bjerre seem the popular choices, but who knows... I still think we have a decent looking team, might not look the strongest on paper, but I am really looking forward to watching the Diamonds next year, with a lot of new faces and a lot of entertainers... Watching Nike Lunna fly around the outside will be reminicent of watch Rene Bach back in the 2010/2011 seasons... Maybe Rene can be that blank at 5? Maybe he needs money to look after his kid, and speedway is the best way he can make it...

Not saying it won’t be Rene but he does have a job, did last season anyway. Rode great last few meetings. 

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Surely Danny should be worth a punt on a 2.00,,,, if it doesn't work out, there's always the shop.;)

There's plenty of young 2.00ers to take a gamble on...

19 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Not saying it won’t be Rene but he does have a job, did last season anyway. Rode great last few meetings. 

Massive fan of Rene, it would be a dream come true for me if he came back, good luck to him, whatever life brings

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I like Danny, he rode well for us the season before... I just fear his injury has taken it out of him tbh... Sad really :( Young British rider, career knocked back like that and all people can do is take the p!ss out of him... If it happened to someone like *cough* Dan Bewley... Everyone would be devastated... I know Bewley is probably on for bigger and better things anyway, but it's the same principal... And just to let you know Phil, this isn't directed at you so much, it's directed at anyone else who spat on him while he was down...

Problem is then, who would our number 5 be? Nike? Victor? I think we do need a second big rider in the team, like Lasse or similar... Which leaves us with just a reserve place to fill... And I do like Ben Hopwood :) Even before he signed for us... Enjoyed watching him in the NL, seems very solid and gives 110%... And has already experienced Brough

No offence taken if you’re u look at my comments on Danny on the scunny threads I don’t  criticise him he was just never in the races after the tapes went up whether that was the injury playing on his mind lack of effort or lack of talent we will never know . With reserve position being slightly weaker this year he could benefit and get his form back

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No offence taken if you’re u look at my comments on Danny on the scunny threads I don’t  criticise him he was just never in the races after the tapes went up whether that was the injury playing on his mind lack of effort or lack of talent we will never know . With reserve position being slightly weaker this year he could benefit and get his form back

Clearly things weren't going right for him last season (for whatever reason).  IF he is our number 7, then I'm sure he can put all of it behind him and be happier in his riding.  Hopefully supporters will get behind and support him, rather than slag the guy off if things don't go well.

Edited by StevePark

On 12/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, StevePark said:

They tried it a few years ago in the then PL and it was scrapped half way through the season because a couple of the reserves were averaging somewhere near 8, IIRC (one was Tai Wofinden and I think the other was Jon Armstrong, but could be wrong).

It was Boxall and Armstrong, Woffinden stepped up to the PL the following year. We had half a chance of retaining the league title in 2006 at Rye before the rule was changed mid-season and Steve had to move into the main team. 

which last 2 riders do diamonds fans want then ? 

Danny & Lasse Bjerre would be okay

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, StevePark said:

They tried it a few years ago in the then PL and it was scrapped half way through the season because a couple of the reserves were averaging somewhere near 8, IIRC (one was Tai Wofinden and I think the other was Jon Armstrong, but could be wrong).

Yeah I remember that if I correctly recall it would of been 2006? and again if I am right another rider to do similar was Steve Boxall? 

6 hours ago, diamonds7 said:

which last 2 riders do diamonds fans want then ? 

Tai Woffinden and Greg Hancock :D