British Speedway Forum

What time is the work starting tomorrow?

36 minutes ago, erniew said:

What time is the work starting tomorrow?

10am

Great article in last weeks speedway star about the all conquering 1976 Diamonds.  Horrified to discover that one of my all time favourite Diamonds is a Berwick fan!!! :shock:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Great article in last weeks speedway star about the all conquering 1976 Diamonds.  Horrified to discover that one of my all time favourite Diamonds is a Berwick fan!!! :shock:

And a nice piece on young Archie Freeman too :approve:

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 2:31 PM, highside said:

Bit of sad news long  time Diamonds supporter George Donnelly passed away last week R I P George (Pepsi )

Bit of sad news long  time Diamonds supporter George Donnelly passed away last week R I P George (Pepsi )

Sad news, (if I've got the right chap) we went to the Ice Speedway at Assen with him in the 70's , We went to Manchester in his Relient van. We used to call him Cloggy, because he used to wear cloggs. Great memories, R.I.P. ( hope I've got the right chap, if not apologies).

1 hour ago, redlead said:

Sad news, (if I've got the right chap) we went to the Ice Speedway at Assen with him in the 70's , We went to Manchester in his Relient van. We used to call him Cloggy, because he used to wear cloggs. Great memories, R.I.P. ( hope I've got the right chap, if not apologies).

Pepsi was also called Cloggs, so he is the same chap, redlead.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Tsunami said:

Pepsi was also called Cloggs, so he is the same chap, redlead.

It's sad he's gone he was a great character and a lovely bloke. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, diamond@heart said:

Doesn't every Newcastle fan secretly wish they supported Berwick.:o

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, screm said:

Doesn't every Newcastle fan secretly wish they supported Berwick.:o

NO NO NO differently not Diamonds all the way. those bloody bandits used to cost me a fortune (the gambling kind) :D:t: 

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

who was the Berwick supporter

Joe Owen.

His daughter Cheryl is married to Scott Courtney.

It also points out he's "Not so much a fan but more an admirer."

For anyone interested in attending I have been advised that the funeral will be held on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 - 12 noon at Tynemouth Crematorium

RIP George

Regards
THJ

On 1/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

For anyone interested in attending I have been advised that the funeral will be held on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 - 12 noon at Tynemouth Crematorium

RIP George

Regards
THJ

Went to George's funeral today and what a fantastic turn out for a genuinely nice guy... friends from his church... the RAOB fraternity and of course his Speedway family... great to see some old friends and especially Doreen from Berwick... RIP George you will be a big miss at Brough Park

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and happy birthday for this coming Friday Doreen hope to see you under better circumstances the next time x

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Went to George's funeral today and what a fantastic turn out for a genuinely nice guy... friends from his church... the RAOB fraternity and of course his Speedway family... great to see some old friends and especially Doreen from Berwick... RIP George you will be a big miss at Brough Park

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and happy birthday for this coming Friday Doreen hope to see you under better circumstances the next time x

Great to hear that. I was due to go, but unwell in the morning. Is that the same Doreen who is Carl Wilkinson's fan and sponsor ?