British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Great to hear that. I was due to go, but unwell in the morning. Is that the same Doreen who is Carl Wilkinson's fan and sponsor ? 

Dunno about Carl she was a Chris Schramm fan and sponsor for many years

Just to add Dave you weren't recognisable on the old school photographs hung on the wall

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words

It was a nice send off for a good bloke.

George certainly wasnt perfect and at times could be a bit of a pain, however he was genuine and told you his thoughts. He was a one off and someone I certainly enjoyed having in my life from the start. He will be a huge miss to many people at Brough and it was great to see so many give him a decent send off.

RIP George

Regards

Gavin

Edited by Parsy29
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dunno about Carl she was a Chris Schramm fan and sponsor for many years

Just to add Dave you weren't recognisable on the old school photographs hung on the wall

Regards
THJ

Yes, it was Chris I meant John. She used to stand with us when we stood in front of the Office, and would go anywhere for Chris, even staying overnight at his house if he had a few meetings together down south.

I don't think even I could pick myself out, presumably it was in brown sepia. :shock:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, it was Chris I meant John. She used to stand with us when we stood in front of the Office, and would go anywhere for Chris, even staying overnight at his house if he had a few meetings together down south.

I don't think even I could pick myself out, presumably it was in brown sepia. :shock:

That's Doreen and "Brown Sepia!!!" you wish... it was a black and white tablet of stone engraved by Fred Flintstone.... hahaha

Seen healthier looking kids on cave paintings lol... definitely of an age Dave... a bygone era...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Haha 1

In the August meeting at Gosforth - there were talks about a Trust Group and supporters club .....................  has anything moved on ?

3 hours ago, mauger65 said:

In the August meeting at Gosforth - there were talks about a Trust Group and supporters club .....................  has anything moved on ?

A think their still looking for someone too trust ;)

36 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think their still looking for someone too trust ;)

That's you and me out of it then. :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That's you and me out of it then. :D

Aye,,, especially with us having 'Killy links' ;)

• Like 1

Weather permitting, is there any track work this Sunday?

3 hours ago, erniew said:

Weather permitting, is there any track work this Sunday?

Jacki has just put on Facebook that they still intend to put the kickboards on on Sunday from 10am.

The Newcastle website says two challenge matches included in season ticket but there is only one challenge in the fixtures.

So still one match short

Edited by toontrader

23 minutes ago, toontrader said:

The Newcastle website says two challenge matches included in season ticket but there is only one challenge in the fixtures.

So still one match short

Maybe it'll be be the 'Tyne/Tweed Trophy',,, after the CS, CL and KOC encounters ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

22 minutes ago, toontrader said:

So still one match short

But to be announced. It says two and it will be. :approve:

20 minutes ago, toontrader said:

So still one match short

I would think one of the reserve dates would be arranged as a challenge at a later date once the Shield matches are out of the way in case a date is needed  for a rain-off.